R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #14131
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes the long belt conversion is really just the longer tensioner arm and a larger pulley that comes on the arm.

From what Ive seen and tried at our track, in my XXX4 and others there hasnt been any belt failures even with low turn motors.

Which is why i put this belt in my XXXS, but as for how long they last in on road i couldnt tell you, as I'm the only one running a XXXS at my track, and Ive only been doing it with 3 months.

Hope this helps.
ASSociated RC12L4
T.O.P PHOTON EX & Tamiya M05 - currently undergoing rigorous crash testing!
paraletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #14132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It does. Is yellow stronger than black? I wonder which to order, or maybe both?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #14133
Tech Addict

just from my own experiance i'd have too say the yellow as ive never tried a black.

But in saying this i mean the XXX4 yellow belt NOT the xxxs yellow belt which is shorter.

So you will still need the xxxs long belt conversion arm and pulley with the XXX4 yellow belt.
ASSociated RC12L4
Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #14134
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, I know it, I have this tensioner, only belt for testing is needed
Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #14135
Tech Addict

ok cool then id be buyin a yellow XXX4 belt an giving it a go, dont think there very dear.
ASSociated RC12L4
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #14136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey guys. I just bought one of these from a member of this forum. Just payed today so it wont be till about a week till I see it. Her is the link with photosLosi XXXS RTR kit

Instead of reading through 900 odd pages can some one give a few pointers about what to look for? I have a XXX4 which I think uses the same platform and is super easy to work on.

Info on any needed mods or weak spots to look out for will be greatly appreciated. As far as power I have a 13.5, and an 8.5 Novak Havok I will run in it with Reedy 20C 2S liPo. Lookin to get in to GT parking lot racing with it.

Thanks,
Rafael
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #14137
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifiend View Post
Hey guys. I just bought one of these from a member of this forum. Just payed today so it wont be till about a week till I see it. Her is the link with photosLosi XXXS RTR kit

Instead of reading through 900 odd pages can some one give a few pointers about what to look for? I have a XXX4 which I think uses the same platform and is super easy to work on.

Info on any needed mods or weak spots to look out for will be greatly appreciated. As far as power I have a 13.5, and an 8.5 Novak Havok I will run in it with Reedy 20C 2S liPo. Lookin to get in to GT parking lot racing with it.

Thanks,
Rafael
well I still race my XXX-S G+ time to time at my local track, weak point? hmmm one thing I can think of it is dont use too much grease on diffs, grease can spread out to belt and causing skipping, well I think that s same for all the cars...

there is few tips on my bog come and check it out.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #14138
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply. It seems like a solid parking lot racer. i know not to expect alot from it considering its an old dog.

I freaked out a bit because I did a search and didn find parts on the net. Then I downloaded the manual and searched part #s on amain and found parts.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #14139
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It seems like a solid parking lot racer. i know not to expect alot from it considering its an old dog.

I freaked out a bit because I did a search and didn find parts on the net. Then I downloaded the manual and searched part #s on amain and found parts.

Parts are available, you might want to change some of your plastic RTR grade part to graphite one when you get chance, also adjust droop with a shock rod ends NOT with the droop screws on a bumper, how to do it is on this forum by my name or others and at my blog
Old 08-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #14140
Tech Elite

Thanks again for the heads up on the parts.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #14141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
i know not to expect alot from it considering its an old dog.
Oh soooooo wrong Grasshopper !! The XXX-S is still very competetive against anybody. It's all in how you drive and how well you know the car.
The chassis really does have some great features that were not available on many cars then and still not available on some cars now. IE: Diffs adjustable without tearing suspension apart. Ackerman adjustability. Heavy duty Diff screw and nut...no rinky dink plastic nut. Add in the great parts supply and very usable upgrades and this car can be a worthy racer against anybody.
Check E-Bay for parts. Easy to get. Graphite parts are good to get. Front bumper support helps. Captured diff thrust bearing set is good. Extra hard bumper support set is good. Get the JRXS shocks. They're alot easier to use. Keep it clean and rolling as free as possible. Don't tighten belt to much. Research the numerous setup sheets available....there's alot of help out there if you look. Good luck. I'll post after the weekend to see how my new setup did in RCGT against a slew of Pro4's and a Corrally PHI.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #14142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Oh soooooo wrong Grasshopper !! The XXX-S is still very competetive against anybody. It's all in how you drive and how well you know the car.
The chassis really does have some great features that were not available on many cars then and still not available on some cars now. IE: Diffs adjustable without tearing suspension apart. Ackerman adjustability. Heavy duty Diff screw and nut...no rinky dink plastic nut. Add in the great parts supply and very usable upgrades and this car can be a worthy racer against anybody.
Check E-Bay for parts. Easy to get. Graphite parts are good to get. Front bumper support helps. Captured diff thrust bearing set is good. Extra hard bumper support set is good. Get the JRXS shocks. They're alot easier to use. Keep it clean and rolling as free as possible. Don't tighten belt to much. Research the numerous setup sheets available....there's alot of help out there if you look. Good luck. I'll post after the weekend to see how my new setup did in RCGT against a slew of Pro4's and a Corrally PHI.
Man, that was a ton of good info. Thanks for posting that. I'll def. upgrade to Graphite as I go.

RCGT is the reason why I got the car. I had an HPI Hara Ed. Pro4 but sold it a few months back. I didnt like it. I love how easy my XXX4G is to work on, but I thought because the XXXS was an older car it may of not been that up to par for racing now days. I guess I was wrong. I'm a better off road driver than on road since I have been doing that longer. I'll defenitly have to work on the setup.

Any one know how well teh RTR is set up out of the box?

Thanks again!
Rafael
Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #14143
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Is xxx-4 belt less falling out and lasts longer? Long belt kit is just tensioner, or anything more? My friend has many problems, his belt is falling all the time, changed bearings, new belt and problem still is there, that is why we think of longer belt which is more on pulleys.
We run modified motors, 4-5T.
Had my belt falling off under brakes, reverse was a joke. Turned pully around on the tension arm so collar was on inside, no more problems.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #14144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:

Any one know how well teh RTR is set up out of the box?

Thanks again!
Rafael
The RTR isn't bad at all. Depending on the track size and layout, you might want to get the sway bar kits. They can be tough to find but once you do you'll be all set. Once you go to graphite you may not need them at all. Just make sure it's clean and bearings are in great shape. Like I said earlier, check out the setups others have used. The Losi site even has some for the plain XXXS by some top drivers. Welcome to the group.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:01 AM   #14145
Tech Addict

Not sure where it is on here but just do a search for it you may find it or someone may have the link too it, but the Todd Hodge article on hookin up the xxxs is a great read and lots of useful info well worth the search.

Other wise get ya hands on the xray t2 (hudy) book or xxx main book very useful an informative.
ASSociated RC12L4