R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #13981
Tech Rookie

Questions??

thanx 4 the setup station solution but i already had it checked out by freind the chassis is bent can i heat it so i can bend it back in place or should i buy another chassis?
RCDriver45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #13982
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know of an online hobby shop selling xxx-s parts at a discount?

Off the top of my head I know Superiorhobbies.com is blowing out some xxx-s parts, but I would think more hobby shops would also sell these parts at discounted prices.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #13983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDriver45 View Post
thanx 4 the setup station solution but i already had it checked out by freind the chassis is bent can i heat it so i can bend it back in place or should i buy another chassis?
Get another chassis, not much you can do with a tub chassis after it is that bad.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #13984
Tech Rookie

I'm new to the rc world and i just picked up a Losi drift-R. I'm a little disappointed b/c I did not know that the xxx-s chassis was discontinued when i bought it, but oh well, i'm sure i will still have plenty of fun with this platform.

Are parts for this chassis really that hard to find? I've searched the web and it seems there are still some places that carry the stock parts. Are these the like the last of the stock parts or are they still being produced? Should i stock up on common wear and tear parts now before they become unavailable?

As for hop ups, what do people usually consider as the "standard" upgrades. By that i mean, every chassis has it's strengths and weaknesses so what are the common weaknesses and the corresponding replacement upgrades?

I've come across some Trinity Alum. upgrades and Speedtech Alum. upgrades but being the newbie that i am i don't know which ones are needed performance wise and which ones are just nice to look at.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by hobbes; 04-11-2008 at 05:27 PM.
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #13985
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to FARBES

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
I'm new to the rc world and i just picked up a Losi drift-R. I'm a little disappointed b/c I did not know that the xxx-s chassis was discontinued when i bought it, but oh well, i'm sure i will still have plenty of fun with this platform.

Are parts for this chassis really that hard to find? I've searched the web and it seems there are still some places that carry the stock parts. Are these the like the last of the stock parts or are they still being produced? Should i stock up on common wear and tear parts now before they become unavailable?

As for hop ups, what do people usually consider as the "standard" upgrades. By that i mean, every chassis has it's strengths and weaknesses so what are the common weaknesses and what replacement upgrades?

I've come across some Trinity Alum. upgrades and Speedtech Alum. upgrades but being the newbie that i am i don't which ones are needed performance wise and which ones are just nice to look at.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
Yes thats what is my concerning! However they still make xxx-drift parts, anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #13986
Tech Rookie

^like what kind of drift parts (excluding wheels and tires)?
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #13987
Tech Regular

Hello,
I ve got a big problem with my xxx-s, since 5 days everytime I accelerate hard it goes left. If I push trigger strong enough, without moving steering wheel it spins.
I've changed almost everything in suspension rear and front and f...ing no response! Have no idea, what can it be? No loose parts, everything set on Hudy... damn, one more day and I change chassis. I run Hacker Master Car Sport ESC with Hacker E40 5.5T motor, gear ratio 10.5. Anyone had this problem? I'm little broken down...
Damn, what other reasonable chassis with hidden belt or shaft can I use on dirty tracks and parking?
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #13988
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Hello,
I ve got a big problem with my xxx-s, since 5 days everytime I accelerate hard it goes left. If I push trigger strong enough, without moving steering wheel it spins.
I've changed almost everything in suspension rear and front and f...ing no response! Have no idea, what can it be? No loose parts, everything set on Hudy... damn, one more day and I change chassis. I run Hacker Master Car Sport ESC with Hacker E40 5.5T motor, gear ratio 10.5. Anyone had this problem? I'm little broken down...
Damn, what other reasonable chassis with hidden belt or shaft can I use on dirty tracks and parking?
check your tweek!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #13989
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403forbidden View Post
Does anyone know of an online hobby shop selling xxx-s parts at a discount?

Off the top of my head I know Superiorhobbies.com is blowing out some xxx-s parts, but I would think more hobby shops would also sell these parts at discounted prices.
I found a lot of stuff for mine at good prices here:

http://www.losipartshouse.com/

Picked up quite a few parts, and they are all discounted. Not crazy discounted, but pretty cheap.

And yeah, Superior Hobbies has some good supplies of parts. I check em out each month when I go there to race.
Pauly6401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #13990
Tech Addict

Default Losi Parts

hobbes,

Losi Parts are still very easy to find online and at many Hobby stores. Try Horizon Hobbies, Stormer Racing Hobbies, E-bay, You can even google the part#
You can also buy a rolling chassis for under $80 and use it for spare parts.

What break most often are front suspension parts the A-arms and the hubs.
Anything you can do to protect the front end will help significantly.
The Aluminum parts are typically expensive they are not so much a performance upgrade but more a and appearance "bling" thing.
They sell or you could make your own extra wide front bumper insert. (Protoform mad one I think and so did Buds) They are about $8 and are about 3/4 of an inch wider on each side than the stock bumper. There is also a mod where you add can strengthen the front bumper by securing it to the diff cover where the anti-roll bars pass.

There is a wealth of information in this thread if you have the time search it or read as much of it as you can. The Losi web page has setup sheets and some tech advice.
One thing if you are going to race competitively, one of the short comings of the XXX-S compared to the newer cars was the fact that it was a bit heavy in comparison. With Lipo batteries the car no longer has this dis advantage.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #13991
Tech Regular

But is there a succesor with hidden belt?? I still see none

About tweaking, I've been changing weight, nothing changes

Last edited by Kajman; 05-11-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #13992
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyelan View Post
Hi All

I'm looking at bringing my g+ out of retirement for a gt2 class that will be run this summer at fastcats. Horizon and the Losi site describe pn losa9762 and losa9866 as for "all x-s", stormer as "for all jrx-s type r". Does anyone know if these carriers will work with the xxx-s?

Thanks
Anyone??
Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #13993
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyelan View Post
Anyone??
Both part numbers will fit XXX-S; JRX-S and JRXS-R.
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #13994
Tech Apprentice

Thanks,
Im assuming the ea3 is a bit more durable than the graphite parts.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #13995
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm.... Was playing around with the XXX-S G+ over the weekend installing a new graphite chassis and various bits and pieces (about bloody time!), and noticed that the new and now discontinued graphite chassis has no cutouts where the radio gear used to sit.... Must a recent change in the tooling to suit the 'Drift-R'...

Looked up a couple of websites to see if there was any info on the change, and apparently Losi has discontinued the graphite chassis!! So if anyone wants a new replacement, you'd better start looking... fast!!

Got to get the XXX-S G+ going again... used to run a TA05 for enduros, but have since sold it. My guess is that the XXX-S should be able to run up against the current line of cars. Pity the JRXS-R doesn't have a 'quick-release' bottom tray...

Have fun!
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote