R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2001, 11:37 PM   #1381
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

BobbyZ...I also notice that the TC3's pull me out of the corners no matter what gearing or motors I have tried so far, thats on carpet. I also have a TC3 and with the same motors its much faster between the corners but my Losi carries much better corner speed. I have been spending a lot of time trying to free up the losi drive train. I have noticed that the front CVD's are angled back quit a bit. I wonder if I space the arms forward if the reduced angle might be more efficent? I also was playing with my KX1 (also single belt) and it spins freer and accelerates harder than the losi ( I dont like it other than that). The only major difference is that the belt doesnt make the sharp drastic bend around the idler and drive pulley like the losi. Belts dont like to bend, the sharper the bend the less efficent they are. I know that for mod you want all the belt wrap around you can get, and a heavy duty belt, but for us stock guys a smaller more flexible belt with less drastic turns would help us. Any ideas?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #1382
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Just checking avatar

:-)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 08:39 AM   #1383
Tech Elite

Default Just checking attachments

How's that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losi1.1.jpg (88.2 KB, 182 views)
Old 12-08-2001, 08:44 AM   #1384
Tech Elite

Default getting into attaching frenzy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vectra2.1.jpg (96.8 KB, 170 views)
Old 12-08-2001, 09:29 AM   #1385
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to WHITESTER
Default Re: Just checking attachments

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
How's that?
Is it just me or are you front tires on backwards??? I didn't know people actually run the kit tires! Looks good!!
WHITESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 09:49 AM   #1386
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Did you make that front bumber brace? I am going out today to buy some fiberglass and make my own.

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 12:14 PM   #1387
Tech Elite

WHITESTER

I'm not running those tires, I just put them on between races because the race tires go in tire bags to keep them fresh

mike_Webb

yep, made it myself. I love the way I was able to relocate the body post. I used the ones from my Mugen. The whole body is much more rugged now.

BUT, be carefull. The first time out with the brace was on carpet with nailed down 2x4's. I had a very hard crash and the bumper/brace ripped my whole bulkhead cap out.
Now it put rubber grommet around the screws that connect to the bulkhead (that why i use those big washers) so the whole thing has a bit play.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:24 PM   #1388
Tech Elite

I was going to do that with my Body post also. mount them inward a little. I was going to make the holes wher you mount the bumper to the chassis big enough to completly have a red o-ring go into the whole and then srew it in so that there is maybe about 1mm of play slop

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 12-08-2001, 01:56 PM   #1389
Tech Elite

Go to Ace Hardware, they got those grommets for 10 cents a piece and they stay in place
Old 12-08-2001, 07:16 PM   #1390
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to GeaGuy2001

I haven't had time to look through the whole topic but i was wondering what tools i should get to help me assemble the xxx-s on x-mas day. My parents bought me the xxx-s kit and a P2K 2 PRO.
GeaGuy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #1391
Tech Elite

I would definity go out and get some good Hex Wrenches. Look in the Instruction Book and buy the sizes that you need. If your mom and dad will not let you open it until Christmas then Get:

3/32 Hex Wrench... (this is a must have since you really should tap all the holes in the chassis before inserting the real screws. Losi gives you a golden tap Hex Screw for tapping the holes. If you don't get this one then your thumbs will be throbbing for a couple of days).

3MM Hex Wrench... (good for the Droop Screws)

1/16 Hex Wrench.. (this is also good to have)

Then get a 1/4 and 3/16 Socket Wrench for the nuts and buy a Trinity socket Thumb Wrench for the Wheel Nuts.

That is about it and all I have in my tool box for the screws and nuts. Also get a good pair of needle nose pliers and tunrbucle tie-rod wrench.

Mike Webb
Old 12-08-2001, 07:51 PM   #1392
Tech Elite

Default Ottoman

do you want to sell that KX1?
Old 12-08-2001, 09:00 PM   #1393
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Stefan.... I couldnt find any one around here to give me money for it so I ended up trading it for another XXX-S.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 08:35 AM   #1394
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ottoman - thanks for the reply. I too agree that it will take a while for us to figure out what to do our how to setup our cars to get them as fast as the TC3 in stock. I agree that the Losi has way more corner speed but the top speed and punch the TC3 has is definitely hard to top. I will be trying my belt alot looser again this week. I tried it tighter to see if I could get more punch but I think it slowed the car down alot.

I also have some new motors to play with so I will definitely post my results after this weeks races.
Bobby Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 09:53 AM   #1395
Tech Initiate

Hey all,last night I put the front body brace on my car and noticed that my car was more crisp and tighter in handling. This got me to thinking why did that happen and then it dawned on me what was happening.

As we all know the front bumper flexes allot and that means that the droop screws also flex and change setting durring a race. But with the front body post brace,it makes everything more ridged and does not let the droop screws move.

Hey I maybe wrong but I did try with the same battery was to just un-attach the screws and see what happened,well my car loosened up and was not that easy to drive.
MaddogTL is offline   Reply With Quote