R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #13711
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i lost my belt tension bushing of my xxxs g+, now the spurgears moves left and right. I tried to install e clip to replace the bushing but when i tightens the srews that holds the spirgear all i get is binding. any mods i can make to or replace the bushing i lost. My local hobby shop doesnt carry the parts i needed..

Belt Tensioner Bushing Part no. A-3238 Top Shaft, Spacer & Hardware (XXX-S/4)
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #13712
Tech Addict

stormer hobbies http://www.stormerhobbies.com/ or horizon http://www.horizonhobby.com/ will have the assembly.

I bought a used XXX-S g+ roller no electroincs or motor on E-bay cheap just for spare parts.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #13713
Tech Elite

thanks mate, but im from Philippines. And it takes a month or two for the parts to arrive...
Old 12-06-2006, 01:53 AM   #13714
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut
thanks mate, but im from Philippines. And it takes a month or two for the parts to arrive...
mate, maybe I can help you, I'm in Indonesia now, I have one xxx-s G+ also and kepn 1 complete spare car, there is one LHS as authorized distributor for Losi product in Jakarta, but I dont know how much delivery fee Jakarta to Philippines, could you check your local DHL or FedEx, then maybe I can help you,

Regards,
Red RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #13715
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

those are standard sized bushings and if you have any standard RC vehicle you should be able to snag one from there while you wait for shipping of a new one. I'd recommend getting a couple of them just in case you lose another one, but then again you could also invest in some bearings. Less friction and more speed.
darkfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #13716
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfox
those are standard sized bushings and if you have any standard RC vehicle you should be able to snag one from there while you wait for shipping of a new one. I'd recommend getting a couple of them just in case you lose another one, but then again you could also invest in some bearings. Less friction and more speed.
Drakfox, those are not standard sized bushing, you see it has falnged side and the main purpose of that bushing is to push the spurgear to prevent it from moving. Its not a rotating part so theres no sense in changing the bushing for a bearing...

Check the manual, i think its on page 5, the item is number 34
Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #13717
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut
Drakfox, those are not standard sized bushing, you see it has falnged side and the main purpose of that bushing is to push the spurgear to prevent it from moving. Its not a rotating part so theres no sense in changing the bushing for a bearing...

Check the manual, i think its on page 5, the item is number 34
http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Fil...5-exploded.pdf

I think you're talking about part #3238 then. If that's the case then you can use motor shims until you get a replacement. If that's not the case let me know what part # you're talking about. I've broken a fair amount of stuff and made due with other parts until my LHS could get the stuff I need in.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #13718
Tech Elite

Yup, thats part no.A-3238 (top shaft set with hardware) i need the flanged bushing The haft is too big for the motor shims' hole..
Old 12-09-2006, 11:49 PM   #13719
Tech Adept

ah. yes. well...that's a tricky piece to break. maybe just a simple wheel spacer shim, that might fit. if and when you get a replacement you'll want to get two....just in case you break it again.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 AM   #13720
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfox
ah. yes. well...that's a tricky piece to break. maybe just a simple wheel spacer shim, that might fit. if and when you get a replacement you'll want to get two....just in case you break it again.
I tried that one too, but it still has friction cause the washer kiss the rotatoting side of the spurs bearing, next shipment is on february...
Old 12-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #13721
Tech Adept

that really sucks man. sorry....but you should get two...you know....just in case.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #13722
Tech Elite

yep, really sucks!!!, Anyway, thanks a lot
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 AM   #13723
Tech Adept

Tried searching but couldn't quite find the answer.

I've got a RTR version of the XXX-S and being racing it pretty much as it came out of the box. Now looking to get it tuned to handle better and was looking at lowering the ride height (sitting about 7 or 8mm off the ground). It came with 1.15" blue springs at the back and 1" blue springs at the front (are these the 2nd stiffest springs from Losi?)

Looking at the rear shocks, it looks like a simple matter of loosening the screws holding the collars and raising until I get the right height. However the collars on the front shocks are already all the way up. Has the factory put something together wrong or am I missing something in trying to lower the front height?

My only other idea is maybe to get a softer 1" spring to let the weight of the car naturally compress the spring and lower the ride height, but my gut feel is that I should actually be getting a stiffer spring when I lower ride height.
koinonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #13724
Tech Adept

Talking RIDE HEIGHT

Losi makes a SHORTER shock shaft a .28 instead of a .39 I think it's called. Most people use them for the front. You can also put spacers inside the shock on the shaft to keep it from extending as far, this also limits the amount of travel though. Losi doesn't talk about this tuff too much even on their website. You might want to look at the threaded shocks too, You should be able to go lower with them, plus Losi has .28 shock bodies as well.

HTH
Rcjunk-yard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #13725
Tech Adept

Looks like I'm going to have to go shopping yet again....

Does going for the shorter shock or limiter affect droop or stiffness of the assembly as your compressing the spring (cos of the shorter shock length) before any load is applied?
koinonas is offline   Reply With Quote