R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 07:10 AM   #13666
Tech Addict

Does XXX-S has sway bar? Where I can buy it? thanks
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #13667
Tech Regular

A swaybar kit is available, I am not sure where you live but in the UK I order parts through our distributor.

I used to run a xxx-s g+ on carpet with foams and used the thickest front roll bar, have never run one on the rear though.

Dan
Dan415ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #13668
Tech Addict

Thanks. I live in USA. Where I can find the part number for the sway bar?

Also, want to know where I can see the option parts list for this xxx-s thanks
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #13669
Tech Regular

Check out the Team Losi website www.teamlosi.com

And the specific page for your car:

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Sup...rodID=LOSA0285

The front sway bar kit is part number LOSA4250
and the rear is LOSA4251

You shouldn't have any problem getting bits if you're based in the USA.

Enjoy!

Dan
Dan415ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:30 AM   #13670
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan415ms
I believe the adapter is made by Fastrax.
Trinity makes a Losi Red adaptor so folks can use standard pinion gears. Only found it once at stormer and a couple times on ebay, they're kind of hard to find, but keep your eyes open and you'll eventually get lucky.
darkfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #13671
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen
Hi, I just purchased a XXX-S RTR II kit. I have never been in RC cars before, so this is all very new to me, and I am trying to read every bit that I can before posting...
so far, some of the things I've bought (while waiting for my car to get here):

190mm BMW M3 GT body
a dynamite red front bumper (stronger?)
two sets of graphite rear suspension arms
two sets of graphite front suspension arms
black drive belt (without the kit... do I need a kit to run this?)
a few different gears, 90t/48p, 86t/48p, and a 108/64 (I have no idea what gears I should be running, that information is hard to learn, not a lot of great writeups)
extra set of mesh touring wheels
CVD Aluminum driveshaft (I heard this is a good hop-up?)
some extra body pins..
a pack of 60wt-100wt shock oil
tire gluing kit

What else do I need to properly maintain this beast, and what else are some good hop-ups?

I have two SMC zapped 3600 stick packs, and a Vision Peak 2 charger... I think I have most of my bases covered.

What tires should I run? What gears should I use? (just messing around at this point, getting used to driving it)
also, what kind of oils/paints/tools/rebuild stuff should I have on hand? I've spent quite a bit of cash getting into all of this stuff so far, and I haven't even gotten the car yet (comes tomorrow) hehe. any advice at all would be wonderful.
depends on what you're running on. For carpet you want some good foam tires, I run Jaco's orange/purple (hard) on the front and purple (med-hard) on rear for our ozite track.

for touring car oil you want to get yourself 20w-50w. Most pros run 30-40wt in their shocks. you can run the same weight in each shock and just use stronger springs for the front.

gears are personal preference. beginers usually stick to the 48pitch gears. I run 64 pitch for more fine tunning. I run 124/24. Depending on how big your track is, once a month we run on a much larger track so I change my gearing to 124/31, if your motor goes north of 120F you want to gear down. If it never goes above 100F after a five minute race you can gear up and get more top end speed.

after two or three race days you want to strip down the car, clean it, lube it, check for wear and breaks and then reassemble. the stock bearings can be cleaned by putting them into a small container and covering them with electric motor cleaning fluid, then drain, dry and then put them back into the container and then cover them with WD40 and let them bathe for a bit. dry them off and then when you're putting them back into your TC give them a little low weight oil. my XXXS rolls until it hits something with this technique.

your packs should be pretty good. As you get more serious you might want to get some "saddle" packs so that you can discharge each cell individually with a discharge tray.

CVD's rock. Graphite arms are great. You can also get woven graphite shock towers (if you do remember to run a bead of CA glue along the edges to avoid them coming apart under impact). The graphite chassis is a nice lightener. Once you've had the car for a bit you might want to invest in a better ESC with less resistance to get more life and punch out of your batteries, a higher speed servo wouldn't hurt either, but the JR one that comes with that RTR is quite nice so you don't need to rush out for that upgrade.

If you want to learn a lot about setups get yourself the XXX Main TC setup guide. Read it a few times...I still have to re-read stuff to make sure I got it right.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM   #13672
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so for the shock oil, maybe I will just use the lowest weight in the pack I got... which is 50 wt I think.

Also the CVD driveshaft, well, its just the driveshaft. do I need anything else to put that into my car?

Should I buy other springs besides the stock ones? It seems those are the hardest- I want hard springs for pavement, right?

Also where do I buy the stuff I need to run the black belt? I can't really find the parts seperately. :/

Where do I get that XXX TC setup guide?

also do I need swaybars? A battery discharger? My vision peak 2 does not discharge.
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #13673
Tech Adept

Quote:
so for the shock oil, maybe I will just use the lowest weight in the pack I got... which is 50 wt I think.

Also the CVD driveshaft, well, its just the driveshaft. do I need anything else to put that into my car?

Should I buy other springs besides the stock ones? It seems those are the hardest- I want hard springs for pavement, right?

Also where do I buy the stuff I need to run the black belt? I can't really find the parts seperately. :/

Where do I get that XXX TC setup guide?

also do I need swaybars? A battery discharger? My vision peak 2 does not discharge.
if you're running on ashphalt you want your car to lean a little, so if you run a sway bar you're probably only going to need it on the front.

by driveshaft do you mean axles? because you'll need a set of axles, you can't use a drive-shaft on a belt driven car. but that's all you'll need because one side has the t-bone connection for your outdrives and the threading for your nut to hold the tire on.

the black belt needs a larger pully and pully arm. I believe you have to buy them seperately, but they're both losi upgrades so going to teamlosi.com will be a good place to start the search. Find the part numbers and then hit up your LHS.

If you want to keep running stick packs you'll want a discharge station. Deans has one with six little lightbulbs on it that you can put your car on and use as a pit stand.

it's a "XXX-Main Touring Car Setup Guide". Your LHS will know what that means, but basically this company called XXX-Main publishes this TC setup book that works for any TC.

for the shock oil, you can try running the 50W in the rear and a slightly higher weight in the front. with ashphalt racing you'll need more lean and better planting in the rear so you don't run your tires bald ripping out of corners.

Springs are the same story. I run purple in the front and silver in the rear, but losi will have them all listed on their site and which are stronger than others. you want heavy in the front and lighter in the rear to start. After that you should get good and consistant before you start changing springs and shock oil weight.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #13674
Tech Apprentice

did a search for pulley parts on losipartshouse.com and I just can't find anything that doesn't seem stock.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle.../26/Categories

I already bought new spur gears and stuff, and those have built in pulleys? I'm just really confused on what parts I need to run this belt. Gah... information seems so hard to come across for this sport.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #13675
Tech Adept

this is the spur gear I have "LOSA3943". It's a 128 tooth 64 pitch Kevlar gear. I have it matched with this belt kit: "LOSA3280 HD(Long) Drive Belt Kit:XXX-S"

search for them on that site and you'll see what I mean.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #13676
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Try here part # losa3280. People have also carved out every other notch in the black belt for extra torque on the straight and in turns.
Peace,
C
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #13677
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

greeting!!! I dont know if this is already tackled in this forum, What is the best gearing for xxx-s if im using stock silver can motor??? xxxs will be used for rally races in my local track..Thanks
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #13678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is there someone here interested to trade their xxx-s g+ to my HPI pro3??. my Pro3 includes lots of aluminum parts and in good condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Losi XXX-S-hpi2sb9.jpg   Losi XXX-S-hpigf3.jpg  
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #13679
Tech Apprentice

mojoman,

I already ordered the belt, so is there a way to just get the other parts of that kit you linked to?

here is a "heavy duty tensioner arm and hardware"
http://h1069795.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=LOSA3283
and here is a "machined heavy duty idler pulley"http://h1069795.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=LOSA3282

are those the parts in the losa3280 kit besides the belt?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #13680
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
mojoman,

I already ordered the belt, so is there a way to just get the other parts of that kit you linked to?

here is a "heavy duty tensioner arm and hardware"
http://h1069795.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=LOSA3283
and here is a "machined heavy duty idler pulley"http://h1069795.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=LOSA3282

are those the parts in the losa3280 kit besides the belt?
That does look like the long belt ext. but you'd probably be better off getting the whole kit. The hardware won't go bad but you could always use a spare belt. They do go wiggly and stretchy to the point of no return. Just my 2 cents.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote