R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #13501
Tech Apprentice

Default aluminium screws and rtr arms

anyone know where I can get an aluminium screw kit for the xxx-s? Also the last pair of front arms (a1214) I ordered look like they are off the rtr, they didn't have the boss around the inner hinge pin holes, hopefully losi hasn't switched the regular arms (and all other parts) over to this style, they look quite a bit weaker??? I don't want to start running the graphite arms, twice the money!!
snowyelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #13502
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyelan
anyone know where I can get an aluminium screw kit for the xxx-s? Also the last pair of front arms (a1214) I ordered look like they are off the rtr, they didn't have the boss around the inner hinge pin holes, hopefully losi hasn't switched the regular arms (and all other parts) over to this style, they look quite a bit weaker??? I don't want to start running the graphite arms, twice the money!!

have you tried the losi part house.com (or something like that) site
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #13503
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
have you tried the losi part house.com (or something like that) site

Go Titanium - www.lunsfordracing.com
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #13504
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi,
I've a quick question regarding a past discussion about one ways. I went through two in the past week in my xxx-s g+. I had installed them without the instructions that went with the package. In both instances the one way bearing inside the right hub was stripped the rollers popped right out of the bearing. I have recently read the assembly instructions and the only thing I did not do was to file/sand the two pins that screw into the outdrive and roll on the bearing. I have replacement hubs coming for the two damaged one ways. If there is anything else I need to do in order to make it work let me know. Thanks in advance.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #13505
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK guys, I need a little help with droop. I have the low roll center mounts front and rear. In the front, I can't set the droop because the arms hit the bumper where the droop screws would be, do I cut the bumper and use a limiter inside and use the shock eyelet to set the droop (any idea what size limiter?)? In the rear, the arms don't come down far enough (no contact with the bumper though), should I just adjust the shock eyelet? Don't know if I am using the proper terminology, but I hope you get what I mean

Thanks.
RCevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #13506
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Got a question..

What are some options for putting i3800s in a xxxs g+

I guess one option is putting a spacer under the brace post and the other is grinding some material out of the chassis.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #13507
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some people have ground out the chassis a little bit to get them to fit. You can also try putting a shim under the battery strap post to get it to raise up a little bit. I have a plastic chassis xxx-s and I use 3800's with no problems. You have to push the strap down pretty hard, but you can get the clip in without any modifications....
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #13508
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NSantana Send a message via MSN to NSantana

Servos:

does anyone here have a KO 2363 in their car? I've got one but I dont know if it'll be overkill for the car...what do you all think?
NSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #13509
Tech Fanatic

i really need this so any help would be great ..PLEASE... i need the rtr set-up sheet for the xxx-s

THANKS
Old 02-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #13510
Tech Addict

Default REply:mojoman

I had exactly the same problem with two one-ways, the bearing selfdestructed soon after I installed it. I did not even know there were special directions for using them. I just thought you needed to make sure they were turning the right direction. I think someone mentioned something about dremeling off some material on the chasis where they mount but it did not make a lot of sense to me.
I kind of liked the way the car steered with the on-way but not the relaibility, obviously.

Someone on another post claimed, that on the XXX-S most of the top drivers have gone to a spool for those tracks they had used a one-way in the past.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #13511
Tech Master

Cool

Thanks imjonah,
I too resorted to a spool, it acts very similar into the turn but not as much response coming out. It's nice to know others have had the same prob. I just today got the replacement hub and will let you know if filing the outdrive pins is the answer.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #13512
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjonah
I had exactly the same problem with two one-ways, the bearing selfdestructed soon after I installed it. I did not even know there were special directions for using them. I just thought you needed to make sure they were turning the right direction. I think someone mentioned something about dremeling off some material on the chasis where they mount but it did not make a lot of sense to me.
I kind of liked the way the car steered with the on-way but not the relaibility, obviously.

Someone on another post claimed, that on the XXX-S most of the top drivers have gone to a spool for those tracks they had used a one-way in the past.
Sorry about the delay. I'm taking the newly installed one way tommorow 2/14 to test it out. If all goes well (no walls jumping out at me) the gears should hold out. Again sorry for the wait. Will post tommorow w/ update.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #13513
Tech Master

Wink

I'm back from an all day run at our local track. The one way did hold out no bindings or self destructions. If anybody is thinking about installing a one way in their car be sure to file the outdrive pins so they do not touch inside the hub. I (as another safety measure) put shims on either side of the outdrives, this ensures the amount of space between the pins. Lastly make sure to use plenty of diff grease for free movement. Got my fastest time yesterday... I think I'll keep this in my car.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #13514
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman
I'm back from an all day run at our local track. The one way did hold out no bindings or self destructions. If anybody is thinking about installing a one way in their car be sure to file the outdrive pins so they do not touch inside the hub. I (as another safety measure) put shims on either side of the outdrives, this ensures the amount of space between the pins. Lastly make sure to use plenty of diff grease for free movement. Got my fastest time yesterday... I think I'll keep this in my car.

could u put up a pic
Old 02-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #13515
Tech Master

Here are the pics. The outdrives and pins. I used another size shim in the car but these will work as well. Enjoy!

Last edited by mojoman; 07-21-2008 at 10:27 AM.