R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2001, 11:39 PM   #121
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

that a boy paul....thanks for the info trips...
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 07:11 AM   #122
Suspended

Go Losi!!!!!!
MASTER XXX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 03:04 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Schuie Driver
I definitely do not agree with the statement that this car is too heavy to be raced competitively. In fact I only plan on adding the graphite chassis, and the shock towers once they are available. Aluminum CVD's may help in the rotating mass department but if they are anything like the TC3's they will be bent as soon as you have a good sized impact. The cars in my area have been in the top 3 ever since it was released and that is in a VERY competitive stock class.

On another note have any of you seen replacement arms showing up at your LHS? I would like to get my hands on a few just for spares and locally spares for this car are simply unavailable.
some people have been using TC3 front arms.
Old 08-26-2001, 06:16 PM   #124
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

you should start seeing the spare parts within the next 2 weeks.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 06:48 PM   #125
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think spare parts are available if your LHS will order them for you. At least they look available according to Horizon's web page. Plan on ordering a graphite shock tower and some arms tomorrow. According to two shops I frequent they have been waiting on the Losi supports pack which includes many of the most common parts.

Saw the other post about Joel and Paul running this weekend at Englishtown. That would have been a sweet race to watch and I hope Joel comes out of retirement to run a few races for Losi in the future. He is a great ambassador for the sport.

Did a little racing this weekend with the car myself on another carpet track in the area. Car was absolutely dialed! Can't wait to get it on the track again next weekend. I used the 2 degree Associated caster blocks this weekend and they really helped the car get around tight turns. If you have not tried it you have nothing to lose
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 08:52 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If your LHS doesnt stock the part you can always get it from Horizon. Order it on Monday and get it by the weekend.
Old 08-26-2001, 08:55 PM   #127
RCTech Member #2

Well, if you LHS has sold a couple XXX-S's, and they stock TC3 parts, i would venture to guess they will stock XXX-S parts within about 2 weeks from now. Parts are still hard to get, and losi doesnt have the shipping dept. straightened out on all the new part #'s ( we ordered a ton of arms, we got XXX arms... not XXX-S..lol )
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

What size e-clips fit the front and rear hinge pins on the outside of that arms on the xxx-s. Also how are you guys measuring toe-in on your touring cars? I don't want to get a Hudy but I already have the RPM Camber Gague and the MIP Tweak Station.

Thanks

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 04:19 PM   #129
Tech Adept

Mike - I'm not sure on the size of the e-clips (just threw the package out) but I know they are gold in color and are used on the front end of the Losi XXX buggy. So far they have worked great for me and I have not experienced any wheel rubbing issues.

As for front toe I either eyeball it or I use a set of calipers to measure the distance between the front part of the tires and the rear part of the tires.
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 04:31 PM   #130
RCTech Member #2

I guess the really small HPI clips work.. Although i will not use them on my car... bad karma or something
RCTech Member #2

Old 08-27-2001, 06:57 PM   #131
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

That's good then, 'cause I went home with the two that you gave me! haha

I needed to put the clips on the rear because one of the set screws in my rear carriers wouldn't lock the pin down for some reason. I guess it stripped, which is odd, since I was never able to get it tight enough in the first place to strip it. Oh well, the clips work fine...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 07:23 PM   #132
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
That's good then, 'cause I went home with the two that you gave me! haha
...lol.. you owe me $0.02.. haha! j/k

I don't care... i bought like 3 packages when i got my Racer2... I played "flying e-clip" a couple times when rebuilding it.
RCTech Member #2

Old 08-27-2001, 08:31 PM   #133
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

The small Losi e-clips are 3/32"
Old 08-27-2001, 10:04 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Has anyone been running Mod with Sayno 3000 packs? If so how do they compare to the 3000SMH cells. Do you find that you can keep up with the SMH Cells? What tyepes of motors are you running with them. I am looking to get 2 Reedy TI Motors and then buy some armatures for the motors in the Single and Double low wind area.

Thanks

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 11:34 PM   #135
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Mike-

I run an 8x2 most of the time. I also run a 8x1, 9x1, or 9x2 on occasion. It really depends on the layout, available traction, and gearing gaps.

As long as you have a smooth throttle finger, you should have no trouble with running these motors with any pack with more than 475 sec of runtime @ 20A. The SMH will just have more punch with these winds, as they have a much lower IR, and the voltage seems to hold up better. My Sanyos lost a great deal of runtime and voltage after 30 or so cycles.

Good Luck.