R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #13096
Tech Elite

Ditto for me too. I get daily updates to this thread and am happy when ever I can help anybody. Plus, untill the JRXS gets here I'm still running the ole G+!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #13097
Tech Initiate

Default has anyone run the xxxs on carpet with a standard 540

Has anyone run the xxxs on carpet with a standard 540 J moter ?
I race in buget 540 class and im looking for any setup help on a medium but fast track. What gearing would be good and do you guys run foams? if so wat shore. All the set up sheets have been for a mod or stock moter. At my track silver cans are only down 2-3 laps on a stock moter. Is the graphite kit worth getting ? . next week is the first outing with the xxxs so i was hopeing to get gears to suit before hand. Thanks for any help.
Y.Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #13098
Tech Elite

Default Re: has anyone run the xxxs on carpet with a standard 540

Quote:
Originally posted by Y.Bear
Has anyone run the xxxs on carpet with a standard 540 J moter ?
I race in buget 540 class and im looking for any setup help on a medium but fast track. What gearing would be good and do you guys run foams? if so wat shore. All the set up sheets have been for a mod or stock moter. At my track silver cans are only down 2-3 laps on a stock moter. Is the graphite kit worth getting ? . next week is the first outing with the xxxs so i was hopeing to get gears to suit before hand. Thanks for any help.
Our local 540 class ( parking lot with rubber tires) run a very tal gear ratio to make the siver can motors fast. When the regular stock motors are running a 6.58 final the 540 racers will be in the low 5.0's. Good Luck

Brant
l

Old 04-30-2005, 12:22 AM   #13099
Tech Initiate

Have run my RTR a couple of times and come up with gearing of a 37 pin and 88 spur with a silver can J moter hard wired to speedie i have put aside the novac speedy and put in my eco ( its seems better than the novac ). The car can still be geared up 1 to 2 teeth at the most before the moter gets to hot, ive cut out every second to from belt and that gave me an extra 1-2 min peek power with my batterys (1700 sanyo nicads.) the prob i have now is that i need to drop weight by 60grams ?. Any Help would be apreciated , also have u guys been happy with the novac that came in the car ?.

I think this car can be quit quik but needs some fine tuning the rolling department. Have you guys tryd the black belt kit ?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:09 AM   #13100
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Y.Bear
Have run my RTR a couple of times and come up with gearing of a 37 pin and 88 spur with a silver can J moter hard wired to speedie i have put aside the novac speedy and put in my eco ( its seems better than the novac ). The car can still be geared up 1 to 2 teeth at the most before the moter gets to hot, ive cut out every second to from belt and that gave me an extra 1-2 min peek power with my batterys (1700 sanyo nicads.) the prob i have now is that i need to drop weight by 60grams ?. Any Help would be apreciated , also have u guys been happy with the novac that came in the car ?.

I think this car can be quit quik but needs some fine tuning the rolling department. Have you guys tryd the black belt kit ?
The black belt is a must if you want a free drivetrain. Also, clean out the factory grease in the bearings and relube them with a light oil. Weight reduction is tough even with the graphite conversion. Good Luck!

Brant

Old 04-30-2005, 07:48 AM   #13101
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HEy guys.

Well I don't really like my shocks on my xxx-s rtr so I was wondering if I can just buy the threaded collars or do I have to buy the complete G+ shocks?

thanks..
Old 04-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #13102
Tech Addict

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Correct me if I am wrong, but am I right in thinking that my rear toe is 2 degrees if I have the 0 degree hub carriers on the car?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:01 PM   #13103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked
HEy guys.

Well I don't really like my shocks on my xxx-s rtr so I was wondering if I can just buy the threaded collars or do I have to buy the complete G+ shocks?

thanks..
You can order just the threaded shock bodies and the adjuster nuts then use you shafts-pistons and hardware. If you choose to buy the complete threaded shock kits( fr and rr) you will also getr the nitride coated shafts which are expensive individually. Good Luck!

Brant

Old 04-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #13104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RKeasler
Correct me if I am wrong, but am I right in thinking that my rear toe is 2 degrees if I have the 0 degree hub carriers on the car?
Yes, total of 2 deg. toe. If you desire less toe-in then you can buy the 1/2 deg. hubs and use them on their opposite sides. IE-left hub goes on the right side and vice versa. Good Luck!

Brant

Old 04-30-2005, 06:06 PM   #13105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Wicked if your going to spend the money...

get the new JRX-S shocks. They are very nice and detailed. I'm also told they are as smooth as the Tamiya ones. I'm getting a set for my TC4 and XXX-S. The new HPI 05 spec went to the same design.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #13106
Tech Rookie

hello every body i'm new here, first message
Ghost-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #13107
Tech Adept

Default testimonial

Just as a statement for how good this car is I'm in the middle of trading my backup car for an x-ray evo 2! And no I won't be getting rid of my primary xxxs any time soon, I'm just getting the xray 'cause, dang, those are some cool looking cars!
Poppa Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #13108
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a xxx-s that I got when they first came out. I have the first graphite upgrade kit that they offered, with the old style chassis. What upgrades should I look for first? I am going from running on concrete to carpet. Should I stick to a front diff, one way, or a spool, and what are the part numbers? What is the black belt kit for? Sorry for so many questions, but a new track is opening up in two weeks and I am trying to get my car whipped back into shape. Thanks Beau
THE GOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #13109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by THE GOOCH
I have a xxx-s that I got when they first came out. I have the first graphite upgrade kit that they offered, with the old style chassis. What upgrades should I look for first? I am going from running on concrete to carpet. Should I stick to a front diff, one way, or a spool, and what are the part numbers? What is the black belt kit for? Sorry for so many questions, but a new track is opening up in two weeks and I am trying to get my car whipped back into shape. Thanks Beau
Gooch,

You may want to start with a diff on carpet and graduate to a spool first; however, a one-way will likely be the ultimate setup. Takes a good bit of track time to get used to a one-way. A spool progresses you as a halfway measure.

The black belt kit (belt and longer arm) is the only way to go. It frees up the drivetrain significantly and is a major performance boost for the XXX-S over any previous belt system.

The part numbers are on the www.teamlosi.com website.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 PM   #13110
Tech Initiate

Got the black belt kit and instaled it, makes a big diferance, very noticable. I did find,while i had the diffs out, that the bearings on the diff arnt all that free . So id sergest replacing them or maybe losening them up, but the bearings ive put in other cars are heaps better than these. so i might just change them all for better ones.