R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #12751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is the rtr motor very fast? I would probably be using some 3000's.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #12752
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I don't really know yet. I haven't driven the car besides across my carpet.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #12753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by macnkitty2002
JRX-SBill-Was the name of the hobby shop "Hobby Corner" with a blue sign?
Yep. That's it.

When I went inside in the beginning of 2004, there was nary an electric part in sight.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:16 AM   #12754
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to piorc
Default front spool

Hi, i'm using the front spool kit on my xxx-s and my question is, do i have to change any parts to install the front spool? i tried but once the front spool is installed i can notice an excess play!!
Is it normal??If not, what i do ??
Thanks.

Marcelo
piorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #12755
Tech Elite

JRX-S Bill-Thats pretty cool. Ya, I know the hobby shop doesn't carry a bunch of electric stuff. Mostly they carry the most popular parts, like T-Maxx and NTC3 and Savage stuff. Too bad you live in CA, or else we could have met for a race or something. Sometimes I wish I lived in CA because thats where all of the major events are. We have a region Roar event in June, it would be cool if you could come. I think they race electrics during the event, but mostly only nitro. This is the web site of the race club I attend.
www.vorra.org

Old 01-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #12756
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yep. Just lucky to be in California with the tracks listed below and a few more.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #12757
KSI
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to KSI

I finaly got my XXX-S today. But its missing some of parts that it needs to run well. There a lot of inexpenisive and little parts thats not worth the $7 for shipping that online hobby stores are asking. If any of you have any of these parts lying around then can any of you help me out, heres a link to a thread i made: WTB XXX-s/4 parts.
KSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #12758
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to kevin2
does anyone have a setup for low traction concrete?
kevin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 06:27 PM   #12759
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to yodaopie

Just picked up my car today... havent had a chance to drive it (need to assemble the pack and get the charger) but I have the following things to note...

Im astonished at the fit and finish. I was figureing on having to disassemble the entire thing to clean up slor in the stearing hinge pins ect... no need itll come apart soon to install the black belt drive system and Im kinda methodical about keeping things cleaned but I should be able to run it around a bit once I get the motor broke in and the drivetrain a bit.

Negatives... man some of that parts sure seem flexible... Especially the stearing bellcranks... this is the only place I have noticed any slop but from what I can see is minor ballcup slop and the bellcrank flexing... and I am talking minimal pressure... kinda dissheartining I guess it wouldnt break in a crash but I know its gonna need replaced. Anyone have suggestings on this I was thinking alluminum then decided the Losi graphite injected parts would prolly be better so If I take a hard hit I dont bend something and not notice. Also Bearing in the supports could help and possibly a brace across the top of the screws not really sure but kinda bugged me. The other thing I noticed was shock tower flex this should be easily fixed with the losi XXXSG= Parts overall I was truly suprised at how clean it was built though.

Couple other things tiny wire coming off the motor and about 8" to much wrapped up... the wire from the speedo looks pretty good for my current use just gonna clip the ends and direct soder the motor. Ive decided to use Deans plugs for the batterey. (Im not good enough to notice the almostzero loss from the plugs and its just simpler to deal with I have always had good luck with deans products.

Anyhow Im sure these kinda reviews have been written long ago but I figured Id share... anyone have a setup for a XXXS at TQs lemme know should be out in a couple weeks to start attempting to race just gonna use a setup for highbite asphalt as a starting point but need another paycheck before I can pick up some more battereys and the parts I need. Really excited to be back in this wonderful hobby See yall soon.

Y's
yodaopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #12760
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
Congrats yodaopie on the new model.
I have a XXX-S RTR and I am looking for an aluminum hex that can be tightened, so the bloody pin will not fall out on the floor and get lost.
Does anybody make that kind of hex ?

plz comment.
Snikkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #12761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i believe there is a company that makes clamping hexes for the xxx-s. Im not sure of which, but ill dig around. maybe someone here will beat me to it

** try the associated TC3/NTC3 Clamping Hex drives. ive never used them personally, but they seem to be what you want

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #12762
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

Trinity makes some where you place the pin through a piece of aluminum in the hex and then cover it with an o-ring. they are about as sturdy as a clamping hex.

I don't have the part number. But I know they make them.

You could also buy some TC3 cvd stub axles and then the aluminum clamping hexes, it will give you more room to tighten down the locknuts and will widen the wheelbase very slightly, not against any rules. This is what I do.
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #12763
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

part number for hexes through Associated are A3973 and part number for stub axles are A3886. Hope this helps.
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:30 PM   #12764
Tech Rookie

I just bought the losi XXX-s RTR II. I bought some foam tires to race at the local track. After getting the tires trimmed down for racing the car is significantly lower than it is stock. The stock gearing on the car is 88 for spur and 24 for pinion. I was wondering if I should change either the spur or the pinion to make up for the loss of tire height ?
MaxxGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #12765
Tech Elite

Hey MaxxGold-I am from Richmond, Va! Do you race at Debbis RC World? Shop there either? I race off road there and when the onroad track is built i will race my gp tc there. Just wondering if you know about it.