R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #12466
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

hey,

this is a very easy prosses. all u have to do is stick a allen wrench inside of the out-drive. the side wich has the screw in it. Make sure you have the allen wrench across the screw or you wont loosen it or tighten it. Then after you do that you hold the allen wrench and while holding it you turn the opposite wheel. turn it one way then if it gets easier to turn your loosening it. if it gets hard to turn then your tightening it. Make sure your dont tighten it to much. You can also tighten it all the way and then you have your self a spool. Or close to one. Just run front diff as loose as possible before the belt slipps. do the same to the rear diff. I usually run the front diff a little tighter than the rear one.

I hope this helps you

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #12467
Tech Elite

Also on the diffs, I have been running Losi cars since the first one, I still sometimes reinstall the diff backwards. The difference between now and when I first started is that I always check them even when I am in between heats. LOL

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #12468
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
hey,

this is a very easy prosses. all u have to do is stick a allen wrench inside of the out-drive. the side wich has the screw in it. Make sure you have the allen wrench across the screw or you wont loosen it or tighten it. Then after you do that you hold the allen wrench and while holding it you turn the opposite wheel. turn it one way then if it gets easier to turn your loosening it. if it gets hard to turn then your tightening it. Make sure your dont tighten it to much. You can also tighten it all the way and then you have your self a spool. Or close to one. Just run front diff as loose as possible before the belt slipps. do the same to the rear diff. I usually run the front diff a little tighter than the rear one.

I hope this helps you
thanks for the tips.i have one aswell and dont know much about it yet.do any of you have a carpet oval set up for me?
BatMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:47 PM   #12469
Tech Addict

Sorry I dont have a carpet oval setup. I never run Oval. I like to do right turns too not only left.

Glad to help you

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
Old 11-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #12470
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Sorry I dont have a carpet oval setup. I never run Oval. I like to do right turns too not only left.

Glad to help you
yeah me too. but its winter time and not many tracks in my area and i want more wheel time during the bad weather season. do you know of any websites where i can find an oval setup for the xxx-s?
BatMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:54 PM   #12471
Tech Addict

No, because most people get a XXX-S for touring tracks. not Oval. so i cant help you then. You can race out side if its not snowing or if there is snow. Or if its too cold to race.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
Old 11-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #12472
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Tightening Diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_B
I bought a xxx-s used, it was already assembled, and I have scoured the manual on how to tighten the diffs. Is there a way to tighten them without dissasembling them?? I know with my xxx-t there was a detailed description with tightening the slipper, putting a hex wrench in the outdrive, yada yada yada, but the xxx-s does not have a slipper.....me confused. Can anyone help??
Looking at the two outdrives on either side of one end of the car, rotate each side and watch for the slot of the screw that holds the outdrives to the diff to be lined up with the opening you are looking through. When it is lined up, stick a small flat blade screwdriver into the opening to hold the screw in place. I use a small Craftsman screwdriver that has about an 1/8" wide blade.

Rotate the wheel on the opposite side clockwise to tighten and counter-clockwise to loosen the diff. The front diff should be slightly tighter than the rear diff. If the diffs aren't smooth, you need to open them up for a rebuild.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:02 AM   #12473
Tech Apprentice

Default Tightening Diffs

Thanks guys, that really helps out.
Ryan_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #12474
Tech Champion

Franks Bodies has posted some new 1/10th scale car bodies on eBay. This guy's paint jobs absolutely rock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Another thing that Frank does is supply me with are sheets of custom transfer lettering for a very reasonable prices. Driver name sheets are only $3.50 for 10 same names (including mailing costs). He also does 1/2" high lettering for the upper windshield.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 11-12-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:32 AM   #12475
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Franks Bodies has posted some new 1/10th scale car bodies on eBay. This guy's paint jobs absolutely rock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Another thing that Frank does is supply me with sheets of custom transfer lettering for a very reasonable prices. Driver name sheets are only $3.50 for 10 same names (including mailing costs). He also does 1/2" high lettering for the upper windshield.
Franksbodies = Top Notch.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:32 AM   #12476
Tech Apprentice

Check this website out for some killer bodies...I have one of these bodies...top notch.

http://www.kmaynespaint.com/Pages/Main.html
Ryan_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:21 AM   #12477
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

alright, i need help with a few things

1. what size are the standard droop screws, i thought it would be.050 but that didnt fit or maybe i dont have an .050,

2. im probably gonna run stock rubber or 19turn foam on a decent sized carpet track. what are some things i should look into buying? i already have ti turnbuckles and hinge pins, but thats about it

3. a spur gear chart(how many teeth is yellow, orange and so on)

actually i think thats about all i need i think i saw a spring rate chart somewhere here earlier but if anyone knows where to find it offhand thats cool.
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #12478
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rebuilding Shocks?

Just wonder how to rebuild the losi shocks properley or should i ditch them for different shocks?
SPC Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:13 PM   #12479
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by primusblowsgoat
actually i think thats about all i need i think i saw a spring rate chart somewhere here earlier but if anyone knows where to find it offhand thats cool.
Check out the www.teamlosi.com site for the spring rates chart.

I printed out a color copy of the picture and have it taped inside my tool box for easy reference.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 11-14-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #12480
Tech Champion

Default Re: Rebuilding Shocks?

Quote:
Originally posted by SPC Racer
Just wonder how to rebuild the losi shocks properley or should i ditch them for different shocks?
To rebuild the shocks, follow Step F4 in the XXX-S Graphite Plus manual. Available on-line at www.teamlosi.com.

Hmmmm...Are they the threaded or unthreaded (RTR) shocks?

Use what you have for now. No need to go to Tamiya shocks. When the new JRX-S car comes out in a couple months (?), buy the shocks that come on that car for your XXX-S. They will likely require aftermarket shock towers.