R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #12391
B-B
Tech Initiate

imjonah you said you checked you bearings in the diff. but take a real close look at your thrust bearing,a friend had the same thing happen twice turned out to be the thrust bearing. Hope this helps Thanx Bill
B-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #12392
Tech Addict

Default Reply to XXX-S bill

imjonah,

Guess I don't have any suggestions to "push the envelope". ***Sounds as though you are retreating to safe ground.

Yes, trying to move focus to drivng and away from squeezing the last once of performance out of car.

***Are you running plastic or graphite parts on your XXX-S?
Mostly Graphite,

***Does the indoor track have "friendly" barriers?
of course not, hehe

***What amps were you charging at previously?
I was following matchers advice and using 6 amps.

****Don't consider carpet racing to be the "off season". It is a whole season unto itself and can be just as rewarding as asphalt. I know people that only race on carpet.

You are right, "off season" probably poor choice of words.
Asphalt just seems more real to me, I like the larger size track, the out doors etc.

The one advantage of carpet, locally, is that you can practice on non race days. Parking lot tracks are one day a week affairs.
It may be me, but asphalt tracks which are not swept and without any traction additives get dusty and have poor/unpredicatble traction so practicing on non race days is not to productive.

What we need is for the local asphalt track to buy one of those tents people use to play tennis in the winter.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #12393
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to piorc
Default diff!!

Hello, what kind of grase, oil, etc...i put on balls in my diff??
Thanks.
Marcelo.
piorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:28 PM   #12394
Tech Elite

Default Re: diff!!

Quote:
Originally posted by piorc
Hello, what kind of grase, oil, etc...i put on balls in my diff??
Thanks.
Marcelo.
I use the new Losi tan greese or the AE black greese on the thrust bearing and I use the Losi clear greese on the diff balls. Do it as the instructions say and you should have no trouble.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #12395
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys,

I'm trying to get rid of my XXX-S. If any of you are in the market for a race-ready rolling chassis as a spare, 2nd car, or whatever, please check out my for sale post. I've been racing R/C for 14 years and all my stuff is maintained really well. Check my trader feedback, it's also excellent. If any of you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks for checking it out!

XXX-S with MANY EXTRAS!!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #12396
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

is running the 41 tooth front pulley pretty much a standard now for carpet? I never tried it and it seems every setup i see has it on there.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #12397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Barry
is running the 41 tooth front pulley pretty much a standard now for carpet? I never tried it and it seems every setup i see has it on there.
I don't know anyone in stock or mod running the 41T pulley. That counts for everyone at Stockton and Gilroy (CA) carpet tracks.

I do go back and forth between diff and spool. Eventually will try a one-way again.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #12398
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
I don't know anyone in stock or mod running the 41T pulley. That counts for everyone at Stockton and Gilroy (CA) carpet tracks.

I do go back and forth between diff and spool. Eventually will try a one-way again.
We were using the 41 tooth pulley last year with foams but always went back to the stock 42. We had to try it out once. Are you racing on the rug this weekend?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #12399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
We were using the 41 tooth pulley last year with foams but always went back to the stock 42. We had to try it out once. Are you racing on the rug this weekend?
Yep, tonight and Saturday. Stock and 1/12th scale.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #12400
Super Moderator

interesting....everyone I know who runs Losi runs Bobby Flack's setup from the website and I could have sworn it was 41 tooth up front.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #12401
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for a spool does everyone just run the diff with the sand paper rings or does someone make a spool?
stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #12402
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I run spool and use the IRS spool setup..

its a solid outdrive halves that bolt through the spur.. no more crshed bellville washersor diff rings.

webirs website

the part you want is the IRS181 Losi XXX-S Solid Front Axle you also should run the Pin Cushions easy to install and save not only the outdrives but your cvd's as well. the drive comes with them

I've been running this for about a month now and there is no visible deterioration in the cvd's nor the out drives getting notched.
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #12403
Tech Regular

When asking questions about carpet setups it is important to clarify if it is foam or rubber. For carpet foam I have been using the 41 tooth pulley only the last year and half. It gives the car more steering all around, it can be too much some times, if this is the case just run your front tires .1 or .2 mm smaller then the rears.

Chad
ChadK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:31 PM   #12404
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Bobby Flack 41T carpet set up

I ran Bobby Flack set up this saturday with the 41T and it is really squirley and jittery, switched back to the 42 up front and much smoother and easier to drive. Running Jaco Orange/purple fronts and purple rears on a tight 56x32 track. Had a monster stock with 128 spur 29 pinion 60mm tires.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #12405
Tech Regular

bigdog-When running foam tires the car can feel squirley at times. I think that 60mm is a little on the large size for tires, the max I will use is 59mm and for important races start at 58mm or smaller. The car will feel more stable with a tire with less side wall. Also I have never gotten the Losi car to feel stable with the Jaco tires, TRC's seem to feel much better on the car, the only thing I can think is the TRC wheels are softer.
When running the 41 pulley you need to run your front tires a little bit smaller then the rears. This will take some of the overdrive out and makes the car alot easier to drive.

I hope this helps.

Chad
ChadK is offline   Reply With Quote