Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I still like the Losi car. I was given an opportunity to drive a very good car for Schumacher.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

XXX-S, me too.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Just in case anyone here is interested. My Losi and all the parts are for sale. I just picked up a ride from Schumacher.
NOOOO! Good luck Jon...you are jumping ship at the wrong time! Seriously though, PW is a great guy and Schumacher makes good products. Good luck!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Geeze, I have only been in this for a year and now I'm becoming one of the OLD Losi guys...By default. First James, then Randy and now Jon!!!! Fortunately, the SWR guys are decidedly still Losi fanatics.

Oh, did I say that I bought a 1/12 scale yesterday? But, my XXX-S cars will continue to be my primary racers.
No we are not. I was the first to jump ship and I took Dujuan and Dwayne with me. Harsh came over but went back. There are still guys running the Losi at speedworld but Schumacher is starting to pop up all over the place.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by J.Filipow
NOOOO! Good luck Jon...you are jumping ship at the wrong time! Seriously though, PW is a great guy and Schumacher makes good products. Good luck!!!
I know. Bad timing. But this is a deal I couldn't pass up.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jon,

You got good company with Clint, Dujuan and Dwayne at SWR.

Good luck.

Losi,

Better get the new car out quick...he, he...
Old 09-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
No we are not. I was the first to jump ship and I took Dujuan and Dwayne with me. Harsh came over but went back. There are still guys running the Losi at speedworld but Schumacher is starting to pop up all over the place.
I probably would have stuck with it, but STL, MO, Maurer & Rich were still learning the car and I didn't have the time to learn and experiment with it at the time, lesson learned there is I need to wait for some local "top guns" to have the car for a few months before I pick it up. Now just waiting for the new Losi and giving it some time before I decide what to do next ....in the meantime I am going to be updating all my electronics (Bats, KO Helios, KO VFS-1, KO digital servo), although Kallie has already told me I have to wait till xmas for all but the speedo which I already ordered, her literal words were "you always just buy what you want, then there's nothing left for us to get you for xmas but stupid stuff"
Old 09-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
"...but stupid stuff"
"What is she thinking?"...

Bill...Back from doing stupid Maui (the other thing)...
Old 09-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
"What is she thinking?"...

Bill...Back from doing stupid Maui (the other thing)...
She meant that they don't get to buy me the "fun r/c" stuff that I enjoy, all that is left to get me is ties and tools
Old 09-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HarshGuy
She meant that they don't get to buy me the "fun r/c" stuff that I enjoy, all that is left to get me is ties and tools
Harsh - I think you should listen to Kallie: Just buy the stuff you want and give it to me to test. I'll give you a full report and if it's any good, she can buy you your own for christmas.

Everyone's happy.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Griffin
Harsh - I think you should listen to Kallie: Just buy the stuff you want and give it to me to test. I'll give you a full report and if it's any good, she can buy you your own for christmas.

Everyone's happy.
It's so nice that you're thinking of me ...I'll give this some thought!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, if that doesn't work out with him since he is kind of shady. I'm always free. And I'll be sure to send you pics. By the way are you going to be paying the maintence as well? Would hate to have to do that myself.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys I thought of some mods that I think seem sound

1. thread your screws for front and rear shock towers from the inner side of the chassis and the put a washer and a lock nut on the other end...........this would make it tons easier to take off shock towers to change camber holes and also would give you a better closer hold, I will post pictures once I get it done

2. on the shock mounting (this is almost the same as buying quick tune shock mounst but it is cheaper) you thread the screws with a washer from the front of the shock and then into the shock tower and the you place a washer and a lock-nut to secure it............. it would make it alot easier to change you shock position this mod is just to cut cost

I have some other mods but I have to finish testing before I post them on here, I will post how these thing work or even if they do, I will also post pictures

peace out,
Brandon
Old 09-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default It clicks!!

My losi is clicking under breaking

Do I just tighten the belt?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

To tighten the belt, loosen the screw at the front of the tension arm and move down in the slot. It pushes the roller tighter on the belt. The belt will skip under braking, you want to run it a little loose for stock motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.