R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-22-2004, 10:27 PM   #11626
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Hey Randy I have a question for you. Did you ever have your car bind some when you put on the front diff cover. If I tighten the top 2 screws just snug the car binds up. When I spin the tires it kinda binds and as soon as I loosen them up so they almost touch the case it is fine. Is their a trick or something I'm missing? Never had it happen on my other Losi G+ I had last year. I do have an IRS spool in but it will do it if I put the diff in to.
Never had the problem, switch it out with a new front diff cover and hopefully the problem will stop. Also check that your front bearings are still good.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:33 PM   #11627
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
looking to get some more 'stuff ' Korey

-JayBee
Yeah you could say that You'll see, it should be on order when I go into work on saturday muahahahaha.

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #11628
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
Never had the problem, switch it out with a new front diff cover and hopefully the problem will stop. Also check that your front bearings are still good.
I will put a new cover on it and see if it is any better. I just put in new ceramic bearings in it and have even ran it yet. Actually can't wait to run it as the drive line feels so smooth.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #11629
Tech Adept

hey randy I have a question I race on a parking lot track in utah it is small and tight, about 50x100 ft. I don't know much about spools would you suggest racing with a spool on a track like this???? thanks for your help
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:21 AM   #11630
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I really dont use spools or diffs much, even on the really tight tracks. If you are running mod and have enough time on the track to get the car up to speed to where you can hit the brakes and possibly pass someone with a 1 way by going in the turn late, then a spool could be useful for you.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #11631
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've been running spools a lot lately. I like them on the tighter tracks that don't have a huge amount of grip.The reason I didn't like them before was the lack of off power steering on the tight tracks but I've got a parking lot setup that's got pretty good trun in and is very stable I could Email you if you want to try it.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #11632
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Hey guys,
When arm spacing is listed as back on a setup sheet, does that just mean those motor shims are moved back(if its the rear of the car)?
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #11633
Tech Adept

Unhappy

problem- my xxx-s sounds like the pinion is to tight because the car has some wierd noise deffinatly comeing from some part of the drivline I have checked the pinion and spur gear, there is no rocks not to tight belt clean. I can not figure out what the problem is I also having a lot of pull when I come out of a turn if I hit the throtel hard I spin out. please someone help me out give me ideas my car was running great last week and this coming weekend is the utah state championship!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:28 PM   #11634
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardboard
Hey guys,
When arm spacing is listed as back on a setup sheet, does that just mean those motor shims are moved back(if its the rear of the car)?
No, that means the arms are as far back as they'll go. So the plastic washers are all in front on the arms.
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #11635
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by utracer
problem- my xxx-s sounds like the pinion is to tight because the car has some wierd noise deffinatly comeing from some part of the drivline I have checked the pinion and spur gear, there is no rocks not to tight belt clean. I can not figure out what the problem is I also having a lot of pull when I come out of a turn if I hit the throtel hard I spin out. please someone help me out give me ideas my car was running great last week and this coming weekend is the utah state championship!!!!!!!!
Did you check your diffs?
sixandeightstri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #11636
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sixandeightstri
Did you check your diffs?
I am pretty new explain what I should do what would I look for causing the problems in the diffs???? thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #11637
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Either the diff being too tight or too loose.
An overly loose diff will slip on excelleration, making alot of noise and gradually damaging the diff.
An overly tight diff will either:
Rear diff-Cause the rear of the car to bounce around and spin, I had this problem last week
Front diff-No turn in.
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #11638
Tech Elite

OK....Parking lot with medium traction to high traction. Temps running from 95 to 125. CS 27's are the norm. I was wondering what tire cleaners and traction additives you guys use? I have been using WD-40 and it works well but was wondering if maybe one of those TC traction compunds or my offroad buggy grip will do any better? Also, do the traction compounds for sedans help the tire grip before it gets to temp? Or, will it soften the tire over the whole run? Thanks for your help guys.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #11639
Tech Regular

Go with Paragon. It will make a big difference throughout the run, not just when the tires are warm.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #11640
Tech Regular

Default Pic Of My New Paintjob

Ok, this is how I spent my Saturday night this weekend. Been wanting a Mazda 6 for a while, so I painted one up last night. Nothing spectacular, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0203.jpg (137.4 KB, 156 views)