Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Front-end problems

I'M AT A COMPLETE LOSS AND STUCK ON STUPID

any suggestions.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I tried something else..... I took the wheels off to see if I still had the problem, and guess what, I don't. So instead of putting the wheels back on (I kind of figured I have a balancing problem), I put just rims on instead. And whadduya know, SAME PROBLEM .

I did try to mess with all the trims last night and it fixed some centering probs I've had, but nothing else.
And the spindle suggestion, I haven't tried because the 'bump' on it is about 1.5mm from the C-hubs (carriers).
Being that nothing shakes up front when there's no weight on the axles is QUITE PERPLEXING .
I know part of R/Cing os tinkering with the car... but I'm all tinkered out. I'm ready to give up on this DAMNED CAR
Old 07-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Hey SoCal Guys,

Is there any racing down there this Friday? And if so where?

I'll be down there this weekend and would to do some racing.

thanks homies.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

JayBee - What rims are you using?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Front-end problems

Originally posted by JayBee
I'M AT A COMPLETE LOSS AND STUCK ON STUPID

any suggestions....
Well I tried something else..... I took the wheels off to see if I still had the problem, and guess what, I don't. So instead of putting the wheels back on (I kind of figured I have a balancing problem), I put just rims on instead. And whadduya know, SAME PROBLEM .

I did try to mess with all the trims last night and it fixed some centering probs I've had, but nothing else.
And the spindle suggestion, I haven't tried because the 'bump' on it is about 1.5mm from the C-hubs (carriers).
Being that nothing shakes up front when there's no weight on the axles is QUITE PERPLEXING .
I know part of R/Cing os tinkering with the car... but I'm all tinkered out. I'm ready to give up on this DAMNED CAR [/B][/QUOTE]

When i first built the car had a similar problem. I didnt put grease in the right spot in the CVD, and it would lock up when it would turn to a certain spot and would lift the suspention up so every time the wheel moves the whole suspention started to shake like crazy. I put grease in the CVDs and never had the problem again. so check if the CVDs move freely.
Hope this helps.
Kevin
Old 07-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default G+ driveshafts

I believe my driveshafts are starting to wear where the pin goes through to hold the axle on.

I can only find part numbers to replace the whole assembly which to be honest seems expensive at £30 a pair. can I just replace the main (Light blue) part of the drive shaft as the rest seems fine?

If so whats the part number please? Or as they are MIP can I just use any MIP replacement?

I have been told I can re drill them to make new holes, any idea what size drill bit will be needed?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yes you can replace just the axle without buying the whole assembly. I don't know the part # but look @ losi's home page and you'll find it. Also IRS has an optional replacement.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

there's a little pin that goes through the cvd cup segment that can somtimes work it's way out to rub against the knuckles
Old 07-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Front-end problems

If you turn the steering all the way to the right or left you should be able to see that the tie rod will be straight on to the Ackerman (sp?) arm attached to the front hub. You don't want that condition in a real car or an r/c car. You have to have some angulation between those two components (something less than 180 degrees) to maintain the right steering geometry and eliminate the shake .

As Randy C said earlier...Limiting the steering via shims fixes the shake problem. I do what JKerr does...Which is turn down the steering on my radio.

The graphite chassis also has a forward position for mounting the steering arms. This also would helps keep the angulation below 180 degrees...especially when the front suspension arms are placed in the forward position.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Front-end problems

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
If you turn the steering all the way to the right or left you should be able to see that the tie rod will be straight on to the Ackerman (sp?) arm attached to the front hub. You don't want that condition in a real car or an r/c car. You have to have some angulation between those two components (something less than 180 degrees) to maintain the right steering geometry and eliminate the shake .

As Randy C said earlier...Limiting the steering via shims fixes the shake problem. I do what JKerr does...Which is turn down the steering on my radio.

The graphite chassis also has a forward position for mounting the steering arms. This also would helps keep the angulation below 180 degrees...especially when the front suspension arms are placed in the forward position.

Hope this helps.
It would if I had the Graph +, but I got the RTR. Is the problem/ solution the same on my car?
I'm going to have to read through Randy C's fix again also yours XXX-S Bill.
Thanks for the help guys
Old 07-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Front-end problems

It would if I had the Graph +, but I got the RTR. Is the problem/ solution the same on my car?
I'm going to have to read through Randy C's fix again also yours XXX-S Bill.
Thanks for the help guys
I assume that you have the JR2 radio with your RTR (as I did).

Pretty sure that the JR2 has the steering end adjustment to limit how far your steering turns.

If not, then Randy Caster's suggestion rules...As usual.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

ah losi mana... yes.. one setup and forget it.. like a ron popiel roster oven
Old 07-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BadBoyRC
Once a tweeker...Always a tweeker...

Satisfied for now though...Have to see how it pans out...

Now I just have to driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Talking

Originally posted by BadBoyRC
Doesn't the roaster oven have a timer to mess with???
Old 07-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

yeah but does it do chicken! and those pork chops.. tasty./
Old 07-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default ONE WAY

Hi guys
I put a one way in my losi about 2 months ago. I have ran it about 6 times. The last time I ran the car the left hub internal bearing was totally destroyed. I was wondering if someone else has had the same problem and if so how did they fix it? And what would cause it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.