Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by Formula1fan
What weight fluid were you using?
i had 40 weight all around...

just note with all these tips everyone's track is different. so you really just have to test things out.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by lazyboy
yep those are the ones, im not sure if there in stock but it sure looks like it.... anyone care to clear up the confusion on if there in stock or not?

lazy
I think this link shows that they got them on Friday, so i would say they are in stock.

All Speed Hobbies
Old 07-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Front-end problems

I need your help guys... I tore my Losi RTR all apart, put it back together with some hop-ups and went racing for the first time (EVER) yesterday. My problem is my front-end. After about six mths. of owning the car I noticed that when I turn the wheels hard left or right, the wheels SHAKE LIKE CRAZY . Even after I checked everything, I found that the bushings in the steering assembly was a bit sloppy so I put bearings in. I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I checked the dogbones and the kingpins (straight as when I first got em'), and nothing is wrong. I did changed the spindle carriers to the graphite 2 degree ones which changes my caster by that much, but that shouldn't be causing this problem. I don't believe that it is a GLITCH either, since I've only heard the glitching problems with the graphite +. The wheels aren't rubbing any where, and the hex cut-outs in the wheels are still as true as new.
Could it be a problem with the stock servo? The servo is still smooth though .

I'M AT A COMPLETE LOSS AND STUCK ON STUPID

any suggestions....
Old 07-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

they go nuts at full lock yeah? like they run totally smooth till you hit full lock?

that's usually the limit on the CVDs for bending

take one out, and play with it, you'll notice that when it bends too far it starts to catch on some of the tiny little rods in the CV joint

mine does it too, i figure the times that i'm using full-lock is when im trying to slow down for a corner anyway so i dont worry about it too much
Old 07-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

CVD's can do that at full lock. If your radio has endpoint adjustments and dual rate adjustments, you need to get the end points properly setup and then back the dual rate off a little so they don't go to full lock. You may have to adjust your setup a little to get more steering after doing this because your wheels wont be turning as far.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

On the spindle, there is a little bump to limit the steering by hitting the caster block. Glue a .030 shim to that bump to limit it that much more and it should help the problem.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are any of you running a spool with an overdrive setup (41F) at the moment? I am interested if anyone else is toying with the spool configuration in the car. I cannot seem to get the car to turn if I am even slightly out of the groove.

With the overdrive, the car is really loose, but it may be worth trying to get worked out over the turn-in problem with the 42F gear up front.

Any thoughts?

I would post the full setup but I am out-of-town on vaca and not looking at the car
Old 07-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi w/monster motor

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my Losi to be faster
with a Monster stock motor, I don't what it is but I know have right gear ratio, but everyone elses stock motor seems way faster than mines...
My stock motor runs like my stock in my micro car okay maybe I'm a lil over exagerating but can someone please give me Mr. Slowpoke sometips....

Thanks
Old 07-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

cut the motor, free up the drive train. Other then that it should be just as fast assuming your running same brush/spring/and speedo setup.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

find out what others with similar motors are running when it comes to motor gearing

cut the comm, replace the brushes if need be, clean the motor in general to get it back to speed
loosen the belt a tad if need be, cut every 2nd tooth off it if you're still using the yellow belt (a pair of nail scissors will let you do this).

clean the bearings out heaps, use shellite -- it's fantastic stuff, and put some good quality bearing oil in it (trinity royal oil rocks)
Old 07-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default Jaybo

Originally posted by Jaybo

clean the bearings out heaps, use shellite -- it's fantastic stuff, and put some good quality bearing oil in it (trinity royal oil rocks)
you use oil on the bearings? i thought that was a no no.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi w/monster motor

Thanks I will try that... Also will the new black belt with a oneway help also and what brushes do you all run with your Monster or stock motor, right now I'm breaking the car down right now to clean and relube the bearings..

Thanks for the info....
Old 07-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

use light oil, not heavy oil/grease

if you dont use oil, your bearings will heat up, then cease up.. and then your bearings are dead

so yes, use oil
Old 07-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RichO
Are any of you running a spool with an overdrive setup (41F) at the moment? I am interested if anyone else is toying with the spool configuration in the car. I cannot seem to get the car to turn if I am even slightly out of the groove.

With the overdrive, the car is really loose, but it may be worth trying to get worked out over the turn-in problem with the 42F gear up front.

Any thoughts?

I would post the full setup but I am out-of-town on vaca and not looking at the car
I'm running a spool with a 41 tooth pully and love it. It gives the car good turn in and mid corner steering. Not as much as a one way but you can drive the car in deeper than you can with a one way if the traction is less than perfect. Give me your Email address and I'll send you a setup on Excell that I'm using on parking lots right now.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JKerr: Thanks for the info. I got a setup from you a while back that I am about to put into the car. I am not sure its the latest. I have sent you a PM with my address. I am glad you have it running on a parking lot with the 41F. I have messed around with the 42F, and it is good sometimes but not consistent.

You can never have enough steering...

-Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.