R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #10276
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Good to hear...You deserved it after yesterday...

I thought SW was closed on Sundays???
Nope, open on sundays for practice from 10-3. I'll be going there probably twice this week for some practice time.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:26 PM   #10277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Good to hear...You deserved it after yesterday...

I thought SW was closed on Sundays???
he was closed on Sunday's for a while but he started the Sunday practice again. It really helps out because you can get better testing done compared to testing on a race day.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:44 PM   #10278
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
he was closed on Sunday's for a while but he started the Sunday practice again. It really helps out because you can get better testing done compared to testing on a race day.
Hadn't heard that. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2004, 11:52 PM   #10279
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by James Nguyen
Nope, open on sundays for practice from 10-3. I'll be going there probably twice this week for some practice time.
Forgot to say how good my Sorex 28s were at RCCAR. Billy set me up with them for Speedworld a couple months ago; but, they worked great for the 100-135 degree track temps today (over 3 qualifiers and race).
Old 04-26-2004, 06:20 AM   #10280
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody know what spring retaining clips will fit on a losi shock so I can use xray or ae springs?

thanks
randyB
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:40 AM   #10281
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway
Post update

I put some new bearings in and the car freed up some.. I will drive it tomorrow and see if there is an on-track difference..
Old 04-26-2004, 08:05 AM   #10282
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy

I must say, the new belt system makes a serious difference. The car was a lot more free, I even had to dial in more drag brake. I did also notice that I had better run-times. So, for roughly $17, I think it's well worth the upgrade.

Thanks KT Hobbies!

J
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #10283
Tech Master

have any of you guys used the flipped ackerman position with the arms moved forward an additional .050 what are your thoughts and results from this mod

thanks
RandyB
Old 04-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #10284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Sheldons

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix
i agree.

Its funny how they are the best Hobby shop it the bay area, but the track needs some work, and how HT is not close to the best hobby shop but thier tack is probally the best outdoor track in the bay area(excluding Sac Town)IMO.
While I thoroughly agree that Sheldons needed to prep the track better{power wash and spray more soda for traction} you have to give them credit for trying.Brendan the race director has no experience and is pretty young.He tried his best imo.Hobbytown Newark has been at this parking lot thing awhile.They have the track prep down and the layout is always pretty good.But before any more remarks on "bay area tracks" in comparison to Speedworld,remember its apples and oranges.Purpose built track to parking lot track.Enjoy it while its open Sacramento because all good things come to an end eventually.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #10285
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Testing at speedworld was killer today. I felt like a kid in the candy store. The Reedy race is starting to look good if these same set up's work on the Tamiya track.
Don V was out handing out ass whoopins to us with his Mi2 yesterday, if ya need a setup, hit him up, his is dialed!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:46 AM   #10286
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyB
have any of you guys used the flipped ackerman position with the arms moved forward an additional .050 what are your thoughts and results from this mod

thanks
RandyB
We were talking about that yesterday, from what I gathered it should give you more initial turn in and the car will be a bit twitchier.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #10287
Tech Regular

Well guys, it's building day. Was way too tired to start yesterday. It's gonna be 80 degrees today. So if I get it done, we shall see about doing the parking lot running. I'll post some pics as it goes together.
Two questions though. What was the best way you found to not get the thread lock on the CVD coupling? Usually when I use the stuff, it always blobs out more than I want. I must not know my own strength. I thought about using toothpicks for applying it as well as the other lube and CA. The other question was the roll center blocks. I have read that you want to use different blocks depending if you are running asphalt or carpet. Which is usually for what track type?
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:03 AM   #10288
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JitsuGuy
I must say, the new belt system makes a serious difference. The car was a lot more free, I even had to dial in more drag brake. I did also notice that I had better run-times. So, for roughly $17, I think it's well worth the upgrade.

Thanks KT Hobbies!

J
Does anybody know anyone that has one of these black belt kits in stock? I've tried all the on-line shops I know of and none of them have them in stock.

I've yet to call sheldons though....they don't list it in their online catalog.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 AM   #10289
Tech Master

that would be weird to drive a twitchy losi!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #10290
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by wcoyote
Well guys, it's building day. Was way too tired to start yesterday. It's gonna be 80 degrees today. So if I get it done, we shall see about doing the parking lot running. I'll post some pics as it goes together.
Two questions though. What was the best way you found to not get the thread lock on the CVD coupling? Usually when I use the stuff, it always blobs out more than I want. I must not know my own strength. I thought about using toothpicks for applying it as well as the other lube and CA. The other question was the roll center blocks. I have read that you want to use different blocks depending if you are running asphalt or carpet. Which is usually for what track type?
Put the thread lock directly onto the set screw then wipe it onto the threads with your finger. You really dont need much on there at all to keep it from coming loose, but it is good to have all the threads coated.