Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I want one person to tell me how you can make the flat carbon fiber chassis work with my XXX-S, pm me if you think you know.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:02 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon R
lazy warpspeed isnt just tc3 product...click on the link and look..there is a xxx-s chassis
I clicked, I only see Mission & TC3?!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think they are talking about the mission chassis since it only uses the mission drivetrain, but losi suspension....those are losi arms and shock towers on it.

Seems kinda retarded....

Later EddieO
Old 03-12-2004, 11:35 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO
I think they are talking about the mission chassis since it only uses the mission drivetrain, but losi suspension....those are losi arms and shock towers on it.

Seems kinda retarded....

Later EddieO
oh, that makes sence

IO didnt see that it was losi suspension
Old 03-13-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Production version of the new one-way diff combo

I have made this mostly for the xxx-4 but if anyone that runs the xxx-s likes to run the one-ways in there car but really likes the diff now you can have both, this unit is both a diff and a one way unit all in one.
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL272/...0/48157095.jpg
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL272/...0/48157089.jpg

Just some food for thought, would like some onroad guys opinion I have a xxx-s but i have not tried this unit yet not even sure if it is nessery in onroad but is really needed in offroad.

Would love to here some feedback, good or bad.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you selling these as kits? I wouldn't mind experiementing with it. How much?

racer-oZ
Old 03-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Production version of the new one-way diff combo

Originally posted by rschwartz
I have made this mostly for the xxx-4 but if anyone that runs the xxx-s likes to run the one-ways in there car but really likes the diff now you can have both, this unit is both a diff and a one way unit all in one.
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL272/...0/48157095.jpg
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL272/...0/48157089.jpg

Just some food for thought, would like some onroad guys opinion I have a xxx-s but i have not tried this unit yet not even sure if it is nessery in onroad but is really needed in offroad.

Would love to here some feedback, good or bad.
How does it work as both a one-way and diff. And how much is it?
Old 03-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't mind trying one....just curious why such a simple idea has never been done by any of the companies production wise....

PM a price and such....

Later EddieO
Old 03-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

OK I'm kinda confused. Won't diffing the one way just decrease on power steering and make it hard to use the brakes during turn in? I'm not bashing, heck I'll try almost anything at least once, it just seems a little counterproductive theoreticly speaking.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

I'm intrigued by the idea because a one way + diff would give you the offpower steering of a oneway, but a little less onpower steering due to the diff action. In many cases the one way can be a little unpredictable coming on power because it just wants to rip the car out of the turn. With this oneway plus diff I would probably run the brown grease in the diff and run it a little tight.

It may be the best of both worlds, and I think the oneway would last longer because of the give. Anyway, I've always been a sucker for making cool stuff down in my dungeon workshop, so that may be why I like the idea.

racer-oZ
Old 03-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone have experience with the ball bearing outdrive mod. what difference is expected and what size bearing is used.

also i have a black belt on the way, should i cut this or not.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default also, what setup (including tyres) do you currently have on the car? and what track a

Hi Tones,

Currently I'm racing at Bundaberg, which is a long fast track, but I've also been travelling to Logan a couple of times and racing at Slacks Creek. I'm running a monster stock (currently trying out the epic binary) with about a 32.44 rollout. Purple springs on the front, silver on the back with a swaybar. 50 weight oil front and rear. My ride height is 4.5 mm front and 5mm rear. and you were right about the foams. 40 frong and 35 rear seem to be working well for me at the moment. I'm not running a front oneway but I'm super keen to get one. Hopefully you can help me out a bit with this information. Thankyou.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:05 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO
I wouldn't mind trying one....just curious why such a simple idea has never been done by any of the companies production wise....

PM a price and such....

Later EddieO
Maybe itīs new for onroad cars. But long ago Schumacher made this system for the CAT 4WD offroad car and it was the best drive setup for this car.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

I meant for ONROAD.....I still have my OLD CAT with that diff in it...maybe I should pull it apart and look it.

Ausracer - The ball bearing outdrive mod is really a team only thing at the moment. While its possible to do it on your own, not many people have tried. While getting the bearing on the pin isn't hard, a jig must be made to machine the outdrives and they must be done to an EXTREMELY close tolerance....aka a quality mill is required.

Later EddieO
Old 03-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

The idea behind the one-way diff was really ment for the xxx-4 but after thinking about it for a while i thought it might be a good idea for the onroad car, i have a xxx-s and when i run it on carpet i for some reason go faster with the original one-way in. I have tested this new system in the xxx-4 for a while now and if it hold up the the abuse of offroad i know it will hold up in onroad. When i first started this idea i called the designers at losi about this idea and they told me that something like this was not really needed and that it would be too expensive to make. Right now they are right about one thing, (cost) it is expensive. I think they were wrong about the other thing it works great if anything it works too well. I will know more of the final price in a couple of weeks, trying to get all the parts together. I haven't decided wheather i should sell it as parts or as a whole unit, more input is needed on which way people want it.. let me know. When that is done you will be able to buy it on www.skipgear.com

Thanks for all the input
rschwartz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.