Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
Yup. The batteries do weigh just a bit more then the electronics... So yes, you will notice a bit more preload on the right side to counter the weight... And it's not a problem.. Because you can put it on a tweak station and get the bubble perfectly in the middle if you set your shocks up correctly.

So yeah you did the right thing.

J
Excellent. I dunno why I didn't notice my handling problems before. I guess I was just driving around them.

Thanks J!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'd add the same weight to both sides if you want the car to handle perfectly balanced. What electronics are you using that are so light?
Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default new belt and tensioner Where to buy, now.

I called Horizon they said I could backorder but there were a number of other backorders and it might be quicker if I got it from Hobby shop. naturally the hobby shop who said they had some on order did not get theirs and had no idea if they had it on back or not.
No one locally seems to have or can guarantee a time.
What do you think the fastest way would be to get one of these kits?
Old 03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
I'd add the same weight to both sides if you want the car to handle perfectly balanced. What electronics are you using that are so light?

Yes, but by adding weight....you are adding weight! lol I say this because I'm already at 56.3oz with a body. Adding a couple of oz to balance a car will kill me in the stock class, which is what I mostly race.

oh... and I'm running the following: Hitec 925MG(sm?) servo, Novak XXtra receiver, associated fake transponder, P2KPro stock motor, and a LRP Comp2 speedo. All said, it comes out to about 10.5-10.6 oz....or roughly roundabouts'.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by cartmen34
Yes, but by adding weight....you are adding weight! lol I say this because I'm already at 56.3oz with a body. Adding a couple of oz to balance a car will kill me in the stock class, which is what I mostly race.

oh... and I'm running the following: Hitec 925MG(sm?) servo, Novak XXtra receiver, associated fake transponder, P2KPro stock motor, and a LRP Comp2 speedo. All said, it comes out to about 10.5-10.6 oz....or roughly roundabouts'.
I've honestly added weight to my cars and ran the exact same laptimes as I did without the weight... in stock class. I can see how adding a lot of weight would hurt performance, but I dont think that small amounts of weight matter so much... Mill your chassis if you want to lose the weight
Old 03-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've honestly added weight to my cars and ran the exact same laptimes as I did without the weight... in stock class. I can see how adding a lot of weight would hurt performance, but I dont think that small amounts of weight matter so much... Mill your chassis if you want to lose the weight
Yeah, I've considered milling as well. I don't think I have the time to do something like that though. With all I have to do I'm lucky just to get my cars prepped for a race weekend!

Oh and, about how much weight did you add to your car to balance it? I've seen cars with lead squares of weight added, but I've done the math and to perfectly balance my car, I'd have to add 8-10 of those little lead weights to the left side of my chassis in order to balance the weight. I don't think I've ever seen a car with that many lead weights!
Old 03-08-2004, 01:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah, I've considered milling as well. I don't think I have the time to do something like that though. With all I have to do I'm lucky just to get my cars prepped for a race weekend!

Oh and, about how much weight did you add to your car to balance it? I've seen cars with lead squares of weight added, but I've done the math and to perfectly balance my car, I'd have to add 8-10 of those little lead weights to the left side of my chassis in order to balance the weight. I don't think I've ever seen a car with that many lead weights!
Get a milling cutter bit, it'll make quick work of cutting the chassis. I think I have added up to 8 of the little lead squares to balance the car, so it was quite a bit, but even though it was heavier, the balance made it easier to drive, so the laptimes stayed equal, but I gained more consistancy.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Get a milling cutter bit, it'll make quick work of cutting the chassis. I think I have added up to 8 of the little lead squares to balance the car, so it was quite a bit, but even though it was heavier, the balance made it easier to drive, so the laptimes stayed equal, but I gained more consistancy.
Interesting. I'll have to spend some practice time with and without the weight and see if I can tell a difference.

And I saw your post a couple of pages ago about where to get the milling bit. I might look into that.

thanks again for the tips!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Interesting. I'll have to spend some practice time with and without the weight and see if I can tell a difference.

And I saw your post a couple of pages ago about where to get the milling bit. I might look into that.

thanks again for the tips!
Give it a shot, cant hurt in practice. The mill bit makes the job so much easier than it would be with a regular dremel bit.

I'll be goin to the ROAR Cali carpet race this fri-sunday, so I'll get a chance to see how this car does on carpet. Racing it at SoCal tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

dose any one know where i can get a set of ceramic bearing at a good price for this car thanks
Old 03-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mugenracer
dose any one know where i can get a set of ceramic bearing at a good price for this car thanks
Check your PM MugenRacer.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Give it a shot, cant hurt in practice. The mill bit makes the job so much easier than it would be with a regular dremel bit.

I'll be goin to the ROAR Cali carpet race this fri-sunday, so I'll get a chance to see how this car does on carpet. Racing it at SoCal tomorrow.
we'll see you down here. Remember that there's no laughing on the driver's stand no matter what the announcer says
Old 03-08-2004, 06:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by STLNLST
we'll see you down here. Remember that there's no laughing on the driver's stand no matter what the announcer says
As long as I dont fall through, it'll be cool with me. What happened to it? You be there Friday?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

I have a question for the comunity. Has anyone else who has received the black belt conversion kit noticed how incredibly beefy the arm is? Since run stock or 19t I'm considering removing material from the rear but I'm worried that it will make the arm flex enought to misalign the pulley and scrub any advantage of the kit. BTW Kraig @ KT you ROCK!!!! Got my package today belt kit included. As far as I know I'll be the only guy at the track runnin' this.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kraig always rocks! I need to place more orders with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.