R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2004, 10:48 AM   #8896
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The titanium screws are easily worth the cash......I have a set on all 3 of my xxx-s kits with a ton of spares. I just wish they were available through horizon, but you can only get them direct from lunsford.

Later EddieO
Old 02-22-2004, 10:59 AM   #8897
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
The titanium screws are easily worth the cash......I have a set on all 3 of my xxx-s kits with a ton of spares. I just wish they were available through horizon, but you can only get them direct from lunsford.

Later EddieO
Just Grade 6s and 8s in the Ferrari though?!? What no titanium for that? Just kidding (and jealous)...
Old 02-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #8898
Tech Elite

Well, actually my ferrari is in the shop. I was pulling out of the dodge dealership(was helping a relative buy a car) which has a steep incline.....and some idiot went across 3 lanes to give me a "thumbs up nice car" shout....so I hit the brakes and the weight transfered from the rear to the front too fast and I hit the front spoiler into the pavement....net result, about 5k to fix it......LAME.

Later EddieO
Old 02-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #8899
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by James Nguyen
just go buy the new hd black belt conversion and cut the teeth on that one. It is freer than the yellow belt.
if you still have to cut the belt then what was the point of coming out with a new belt??? I'll see you at the track in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you need any set up help. Asphalt season will be coming soon and speedworld will be where most of my testing will be done at. I'm sure you'll be there as well.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #8900
Tech Elite

The new belt system removes the binding, as it places the middle pully farther away from the spur and closer to the bottom of the belt tunnel. Cutting the teeth is really a seperate performance upgrade, as it reduces friction even more.

Later EddieO
Old 02-22-2004, 01:40 PM   #8901
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
if you still have to cut the belt then what was the point of coming out with a new belt??? I'll see you at the track in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you need any set up help. Asphalt season will be coming soon and speedworld will be where most of my testing will be done at. I'm sure you'll be there as well.
I have a few of them so I'll try it with it cut and regular. I'm ready to go back to asphalt. The next big carpet race of the season will be my last probably. You have your new car built yet?
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #8902
Tech Champion

Quote:
Well, actually my ferrari is in the shop. I was pulling out of the dodge dealership(was helping a relative buy a car) which has a steep incline.....and some idiot went across 3 lanes to give me a "thumbs up nice car" shout....so I hit the brakes and the weight transfered from the rear to the front too fast and I hit the front spoiler into the pavement....net result, about 5k to fix it......LAME.

Later EddieO
Ouch! Yep, even my Formula Vee would do that under the circumstances.

Set them Konis/Bilsteins to stiff next time...Or maybe a Hummer is the answer...Not really!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:11 PM   #8903
Tech Elite

I don't think it would of mattered what shock I had.....sure does suck though.

Whats a formula vee?

Later EddieO
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #8904
Tech Champion

Default New black belt kit

Had all day yesterday to setup my #2 XXX-S for asphalt racing with the new long belt kit. Thought I would be racing outdoor at RCCAR in San Jose on Sunday.

Unfortunately, the outdoor racing was cancelled by rain today; so, I headed off to Gilroy (garlic capital of the world) for their carpet racing.

After the second qualifier, I had enough time to get the #2 car out on the track for testing. Mind you, it was completely setup for asphalt racing yet was a good quarter of a second faster than the carpet car I had qualified second with. The new belt kit was that good down the 100' long back straight.

Still waiting for a couple more black belts to put on cars #1 and #3.

Thank you Losi.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:43 PM   #8905
Tech Champion

Quote:
Whats a formula vee?
Go to an SCCA race sometime and you will see. Formula Vee is an open-wheel rear engine racing class using a VW engine and transaxle with a formula car frame. Rick Mears started his racing career in one.

The SCCA National Championship races are broadcast on Xmas day...All twenty some classes. And spectators even show up for these races with their Ferraris. I got to think that you have Speed Channel and a Tivo...Right?

Most of my racing days were at Laguna Seca, Sears Point (now Infineon), and up/down the West Coast.

Funny thing is that my last FV now has droop limiters on it. When I was last racing, we had not conceived of using them for our cars yet.

You coming to the RC Show in Anaheim in April?
Old 02-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #8906
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

hey XXXS Bill,

Where you get your balck belts from? what store?

Alot of shops around me dont have them yet.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #8907
Tech Elite

Ah....I have seen those, trick little cars....

Which show? I will be at the Reedy Race in May....

JohnMatrix - The Black Belt kit is shipping now, but in limited numbers.....I think KT Hobbies might of got some.

Later EddieO
Old 02-22-2004, 10:24 PM   #8908
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix
hey XXXS Bill,

Where you get your black belts from? what store?

Alot of shops around me dont have them yet.

Ordered it through RC Tech in Daly City a week ago. Came in on Friday and I installed it yesterday. Thought they were going to order a few; but, mine order ended up being only one. Don't actually know how Lawrence got it; but, when we tried to get more, he got an Out of Stock message from whatever his source was for the one belt kit.

Still have an earlier order into Horizon Hobby for 3 of them; but, have not heard anything about that yet. They said I would receive a call when they ship them.

Bet you Billie at Speedworld got a bunch...But he has got a lot of Losi owners in his area to take care of.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:30 PM   #8909
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TRC Foams

Hey guys!!

I decided to try foams - just been racing stock spec/rubber. I bought a set of TRC foams and went to put them on and notice the hole in the center is not big enough - is this common?
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #8910
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by James Nguyen
I have a few of them so I'll try it with it cut and regular. I'm ready to go back to asphalt. The next big carpet race of the season will be my last probably. You have your new car built yet?
not yet. I've had family down from Chicago the last week. I plan on putting it together tuesday night. The two day race will be my last as well. I'm ready for some mod asphalt myself. See you at the race.