Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2004, 07:22 PM   #8656
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racer
i want to instal a little computer fan allong side my motor, wondering what two wires do i tap into to get the fan going, and is it worth it in stock racing, the fan is the one out of a old mega peak.
If it's a 7v fan, I'd say go straight off the motor. If it's a 5v fan, you'll probably have to go to the RX.

I fried a 5v fan running it off the motor.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:27 PM   #8657
Tech Fanatic

i think its a 7v fan, it's big, so fitting it in the chassis will be tough, it's on my charger right now(custom mounted on a new charger.) so taking it off helps my car, but hurts my charger. I really do want to do the capacitor thing though. The black and red wires on the tc2 cap. are already striped, so all i have to do i take the metal and solder them on.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #8658
Tech Adept

Default Toe in and Ackerman

About the forward flipped question... flipping the bell cranks decreases steering throw. Anyone having trouble with thier foams rubbing the lower shock pivot screw should try this as high bite surface doesn't need that much steering throw any way. That plus some AE hexes and you shouldn't rub w/ 100% dual rate. When you flip your bell cranks you will have to run them in the forward position (position meaning where the pivots for the bell cranks are located) or the drag link that connects them won't clear the rear bulkhead of the steering tunnel. If you have the older style graphite chassis (w/ TL milled in where the speedo gets mounted) this could be confusing since you only have one positon (pivot location) you can mount your bell cranks in.
If you have the new style (I believe it's only available in the G+ kit) you have two.
As far as the toe in problem... check the arm spacing! If one arm is forward of the other (even slightly) it will make a set up jigs toe gage read inaccurately. Also check for a bent hinge pin. I drove myself nuts trying to fix this optical illusion before I found those two problems. Good luck and happy racing.
Poppa Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 PM   #8659
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

True also on the toe poppa ray, trinity and peak teflon motor shims are great shims for shimming arms and setting droop with shocks.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #8660
Tech Fanatic

anybody know anything on the capacitor, i'm in the mood for electronic work, thats why im in a hurry.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 PM   #8661
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use a 5v fan over the end bell. I used an assoc. front body post and mounted it on the chassis near the endbell. I had to drill and countersink the flat head screw for the post. I then took the diameter down so it would fit the mounting holes on the fan.

I use hitec dcx 3 channel receivers so I plug my personal transponder into the third channel and the fan into the battery slot and let the rec. power the fan.

I will post pictures tomorrow.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:04 AM   #8662
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racer
i think its a 7v fan, it's big, so fitting it in the chassis will be tough, it's on my charger right now(custom mounted on a new charger.) so taking it off helps my car, but hurts my charger. I really do want to do the capacitor thing though. The black and red wires on the tc2 cap. are already striped, so all i have to do i take the metal and solder them on.
a fan like this?
http://kkkwan.no-ip.info/gallery/album08/DSC06356

on my losi, I think is quite good in summer
KKKWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:10 AM   #8663
Tech Addict

Default fan?

If the goal is to keep the motor cool then it is the quality of the the heat sink that matters, the movement of the car will provide more than enough air circulation.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:46 AM   #8664
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know when the new belt and spur will be realesed?
sturla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #8665
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The new belt is for sale at the trinity booth for $22. We got some early from the Losi camp and we saw our stock times dip .1-.2 seconds per lap. The amount in frees up the drivetrain is amazing. I think they said they are shipping to the distrubutors as we speak. Another hot mod a LOT of the team guys are using is to ream out holes in the kevlar spurs to lighten them up....a few of the guys also are using aftermarket spurs with some type of gear adapter, might be the trinity one, but its black.

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #8666
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hi Eddieo
Good to hear that the losi are getting more hop up for the XXX-s
Far as reaming the spur gear,I did my last year and I used the drill bit to do the job
Old 02-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #8667
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
The new belt is for sale at the trinity booth for $22. We got some early from the Losi camp and we saw our stock times dip .1-.2 seconds per lap. The amount in frees up the drivetrain is amazing. I think they said they are shipping to the distrubutors as we speak. Another hot mod a LOT of the team guys are using is to ream out holes in the kevlar spurs to lighten them up....a few of the guys also are using aftermarket spurs with some type of gear adapter, might be the trinity one, but its black.

Later EddieO
Eddie - I thought it was a prototype composite spur adaptor?
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:44 PM   #8668
R/C Tech Founder

Eddie I think that one might be molded. I molested Kinwald's car for a bit and it didn't look like an adapter.

But yea, they are indeed selling production versions of the drivetrain upgrade here.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #8669
Tech Apprentice

Where can I buy it, link?
sturla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #8670
R/C Tech Founder

You can't buy it anywhere that I am aware of yet, other than right here at this race.