R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2004, 06:14 PM   #8596
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

pro3racer, yes the washer goes in between the hex hub and the wheel. I did try it on the outside of the wheel but it isn't as effective as it is in between the wheel and the hub.

Below are pics and in the first pic this is how much I had to cut off my shock ballend-keep in mind you will need to compress the chassis to full extension to make clearence which is pictured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losiwheel.jpg (158.7 KB, 158 views)
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:15 PM   #8597
Tech Elite

Pic of the washer in between the wheel and the hex hub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losiwheelspacer.jpg (172.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 01-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #8598
Tech Elite

BTW, I opted for the losi hex hubs as they are lighter and I advise that if you do use the composite hex hub that you don't use the losi stock roll-pins and use a staight steel shank pin of some sort. The stock roll pins are a bitch to get out and bend after a wheel is tightened on.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #8599
Tech Fanatic

i turned down my d/r even more, i think i will try the spacer idea. I have the ball joint cut out too, but where i'm rubbing on is the actual screw. That can't be ground down, lol.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:57 PM   #8600
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

still working on getting my car back together, I see the point to file down on the arm where the shock attaches. that should give me a mm or two of clearance. hopefully that will clear up the issue.
petzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:41 PM   #8601
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Mazda 6 body

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
How much gap do you have?? also are you using the Stock bumper of an aftermarket piece???
Yep, good idea; but, I already gave that a try. Helped a bit. With the wheels at the wheel cutouts on the Mazda 6 body, the stock XXX-S bumper is over 1/8" back while a red Trinity bumper is just a tad more back.

My front arms are currently in the middle position on my XXX-S. If they were in the forward position, the gap issue would be even worse.

Again, I'm sticking with their ProtoForm's Alfa 156. Just wanted to caution others about a potential fit issue for the Losi chassis. Hopefully, is not an issue for other makes of cars.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #8602
Tech Rookie

Hey Eric, talk to me Monday about the hexes. I have a couple extra.

XXX-S Bill If you are running foams, the front arm tend to work better spaced forward. I have been running the Mazda-6 alot and really like. Guess that it helps that I work for the local Mazda dealer.
ticitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:31 PM   #8603
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
XXX-S Bill If you are running foams, the front arm tend to work better spaced forward. I have been running the Mazda-6 alot and really like. Guess that it helps that I work for the local Mazda dealer.

Hi ticitme,

So far, I am running stock and 19-turn on rubber.

What bumper do you have and is there a gap between the bumper and body at the front end of your car?

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 01-25-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:30 PM   #8604
Tech Rookie

I am running the factory xxx-s g+ cut. there is a little gap, but nothing that concerns me too much. I really didn't notice that the gap between my and my Alfa are that much different
Old 01-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #8605
Tech Rookie

By the way, I am running both the front and rear arms on my rubber car about .30 forward of the middle position. I think that I like the car better that way.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:42 AM   #8606
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by J.Filipow
I have a great chart for ratios, in 64 pitch for both 41T and 42T pulleys, and rollouts, with both standard and metric tire measurements. Email me if you would like a copy as a JPEG file.

For the few that have emailed me and posted here as well, sorry I haven't responded just yet- I have been out of town for the past few days. I will get the rollout charts to you guys within the next day or so...

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:39 PM   #8607
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For those of you who inquired about the rollout charts, YGM.

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:19 PM   #8608
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Bobby Flack- I need to talk to you about some stuff...... could you email me ur email address. COREYBERNARDO@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 01-26-2004, 08:02 PM   #8609
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the "spool pads" on the front diff instead of using a one way? I want the corner speed of a one way but I really cant afford one right now, and I dont think I would adjust too well to the rear-only braking of a one way (spools allow front braking I think).

Can anyone help me?!

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=LOS3250
KevanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #8610
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Kevan, not sure that a spool is the way to go at the MARCCA track, because of the way the layout is usually set up. Generally you want to run a spool on a track with a lot of sharp corners or chicanes where you need more steering but the push isn't going to hurt you. On the track you run at, the layout almost always has a long, long sweeper onto and off of the straightaway, which is where you're going to hurt if you're running a spool. Since there is no diff action, both front wheels will keep turning at the same rate and push you out of the turn further as you get back on the power. Since the lanes on the track are less than 8', that push can send you into the outer wall pretty quick.

To put it into perspective, I was turning faster laps than everybody yesterday except for Vang, and he was running a front diff TC3. I was running a one-way in a XXX-S. The track is so small that even the gains from a one-way are minimal, since often times you have to slow down so much to make a corner no matter what you do or what kind of diff you are running. The low traction also makes this a factor; look at most of us in the A mains, the cars are loose as they swing through the corners.

It's just a weird track. If you have a chance some day, try coming on a Saturday night to race with us in Monroe. The traction is similarly low but the track is much, much bigger and it's a totally different experience.

BTW, if you're braking at all in stock, you're doing something wrong!