Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 01-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, \whene the whole TC scene got big, Losi jumped right in with a buggy type chassis!

J
Old 01-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking any news about losi Touring car Nitro??

does team losi developing a kit for nitro use?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Carpet Oval Setup

I know carpet oval racing is not exactly what XXX-S is designed for; but if you were going to run on a fairly small oval,with stock motor, foam tires, what set up would you use.

For running the road course setup at this track I been using
front plaid tires purple spring, and in the back purple tires, and silver springs.

I am just learning to drive so it probably would not make sence to buy all new tires, springs etc for a small improvement in speed. If different parts would significantly improve speed I would think of spending the money on new parts.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

put you stiffer springs on the out side, the right side. i should tell to glue the outer side of right side tires, so they don't chunk, and so you have know chance of rolling. Keep you tire choice, but maybe put the suace on the outer half of the tire in the front. I used to race touring car oval, on a very tight asphalt track. You want to get as much of your weight on the inside half of the car. The xxx-s is not nearly the best TC oval car, because the battery is one left. LAst thing, be smooth, if you have to let off the gas, be fluent, and hit the appex perfect. Almost touch the outside wall on the straight(unless the track is wider, than just slide into a comfort zone). Dive into the corner, hit the appex, and swing off. Very smooth wheel, a car that is not turning as much, has less friction, is faster. If you turn harder, you scrub more speed, if you swing in, you use more track, but always get a run on the straight. Actually, just be like a "nextel" cup car. lol.

My own question: What does overdrive and underdrive pullies do in the front(just messing around with my front diff.)
Old 01-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

where do you guys buy your xxx s hop ups?
Old 01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by rowveg36
It depends on what you want. KTHobbies.com has all of the tuning options you should need ( swaybars, ect ).

Speedtechrc.com has aluminum goodies, aftermarket shock towers, and other parts.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

I would likle to know what are you guys doing with the cvd when there is this weird sound when you turn the steering at maximum
I put a screw on the knuckle to reduce steering throw but thats not enough ? do you guys have any idea ?

thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I turn down my dual rate, i never need that much steering, so the noise isn't a problem.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try turning down the steering throw on your control....my car makes no noise once the controller is set correctly.

Later EddieO
Old 01-23-2004, 11:02 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Some people were also glueing washers to the inside of the steering knuckle to physically remove some steering throw also.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rowveg36
You really dont need any Hopups ... I running my Box stock really the Only thing that I have done was the mod to the front and rear Shock tower and the Belt.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, rebuilding my diff today, and i'm have a ton of trouble(i've rebuilt it 20 times earlier, don't know why i can't do it now?). I have the 6 concave washers in it, full thruster bearing, bearing in the pully. Grease where it needs to be. The diff nut, and diff nut holder. But when i put the male and female into eachother(lol, alwasy ge t acrack off that) I try to thread the screw, using a flat head screwdriver. The threads though only go to the end of the nut, and not into the houseing thingy. So there still is about 1/4 inch of play, because i can't tighten it, there something wrong here, or should i keep working on it?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pro3racer
.... So there still is about 1/4 inch of play, because i can't tighten it, there something wrong here, or should i keep working on it?
did you put the diff. gear back in between the out drives
Old 01-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by ATOMIC
Does anyone have a rollout chart for the xxxs . I'm sure there is one in this thread but i would rather not search through 8000+ posts.

I have a great chart for ratios, in 64 pitch for both 41T and 42T pulleys, and rollouts, with both standard and metric tire measurements. Email me if you would like a copy as a JPEG file.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

nice . i did, i think i have it now, but i think my technique was wrong. I got fed up with that stupid diff nut cover, so i took it off, after the nut was threaded on as much as i could go(remember the problem form above). I then got out my smallest socket, i fit right on, so i tightened up the diff, everything is peachy now, but that diff cover(for the nut), is just kindof sitting in there, it can move, and fall out, when i tip the diff sideways, so, should i put it on, did i do something wrong, or, does it not fall out, it is just suppose to sit in there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.