Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 01-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by proudwinner
XXX-S owners let me pick your brain, I have a friend that has his diff loosening up on him after every run, can anyone relate to this and post what the problem is? He swears he built the diff correctly and it only has approximately 4+ runs on it.
Things to check:
1. Are the concave washers complete? (there should be 6)
2. Are they on the right way? (curved part should be facing the locknut)
3. Is the locknut still good? (The nylon part might have stripped)

Anything else that I might have overlooked guys?
Old 01-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Dag-blasted offset hubs and camber!!! UGH!!! I just put some offset hubs on and now I can't get -1 degree camber without the turnbuckle wanting to punch through the dag blasted son of a gun ball cup! AHHH!!!

Okay, so now what brainiacs?

J
Old 01-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dremel:lol
Old 01-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Dremel? Dremel what? I tried cutting the ball cups down, all that does is give me less material to thread the ball cup on with.. If you're talking about dremeling the turnbuckle down... You're CRAZY man!!!

J
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

No MAN! Man you know what I'm talking about, dremel the arm, either that or you could dremel the antenna mount(however the hell you spell it) which inturn with give you lower downforce. After that though i found that counteracts body height so you might want to lower you body......SirJitsu my masta, dremel a tad off the end of the hub, just a tiny bit off the corner, don't dare touch that ballcup or I will make anotha trip out there runnin through your tolls.. Man tell Randy I said I think he did great at the Novak race, he's faster than what he thinks.

Jesse

Last edited by webspinner; 01-19-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Dude, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about! LOL... I don't need no stinking downforce, I need to be able to shorten the camber links or something so I can run these blasted offset hubs with -1 degree camber.

Oh, and I'll tell Randy you said he sucks.

J
Old 01-19-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Alright jitslu, the fun is now over, sorry for the runaround, are you saying that your turnbuckle is too long to acheive negative stinking one degrees of camber? or are you saying that when the chassis rolls to whichever side that the ballcup interferes with the hub cause yes this will happen running the lower stock holes on the losi rear tower and the in-line(outer hole) camber link hole on the offset hub. To correct this you will need to dremel a lil portion off the offset hub so that this will not ever ever reve happen again.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

I wonder if this means I can't run it with the camber link in the same hole it's currently in, in the shock tower. But I don't want to move it in... The car is soooo hooked up... *cries*
Old 01-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Man I'm crying too, crying that I don't have that opportunity to race at such a nice track as the one you have...so which is it on the questions? Yes you car is fooked up!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, we're pretty lucky. I'm going to go to Losi's website and see what the team drivers are running with the offset hubs.

WORD TO YO MUTHA!

J
Old 01-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

I'll let her know, thanks for the nice words. Let us know how to fix this problem that we have no clue what you are talking about-take care.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking plastic chassis XXX-S!

hey guys do you have any info on how to lightened the plastic chassis of XXX-S, its heavy! i cant buy Graphite chassis cuz i have to budget what im earning! thanks and hope to hear from you people!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Lightening up is nothing but taking weight off the chassis and that's only accomplished by removing material from the chassis which I wouldn't recommend as the stock chassis is quit flexible and if you lighten it by removing too much material from it you could make it too flexible which would cause an abruptly handling chassis that could lead to breaking it.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Jitsu- Depending on what camber locations you run you may need to get shorter links. if you go from all the way long to all the way short there is no way the same link will adjust that much.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:59 AM
The Evicerator

take a cut off wheel and your dremel and shorten your turnbuckle a little bit... if you're not comfortable with that... I'm sure your local hobby shop stocks slightly shorter turnbuckles

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.