Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 12-31-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by STLNLST
James- Whay don't you bring your roomate to the track sometime.....LOL In a couple of hours I can say that I'm undefeated in 04 See you Saturday.
I'm thinking all the guys will be jealous and won't play with me anymore, jk, maybe this belt will work in stock for the losi, just needs that little bit of snap off the corner
Old 12-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I make house calls....LOL Is your drive train that bound up that you need to cut the teeth on the belt? Even without my ceramic bearings the drive train is pretty free.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by STLNLST
I make house calls....LOL Is your drive train that bound up that you need to cut the teeth on the belt? Even without my ceramic bearings the drive train is pretty free.
It's smooth, just going to try this out, the last time I tried the belt cutting thing it felt to me like it was skipping coming off the corner...maybe the belt was just breaking in and stretching out. I'll try it again on Saturday. I gotta go through my car sometime this week before Saturday and oil the bearings and stuff. We'll see how the belt thing works again.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Too much beer, the room is spinning.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
Too much beer, the room is spinning.
Same here but no beer. All wine and hard liq. I'm going back to bed.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Okay, all better now...It's about 5 pm here and I was just feeling normal only about an hour ago... LOL

J
Old 01-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, all this onroad talk has me depressed, we can run in Wichita til the spring!

racer-oZ
Old 01-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bummer. We only had a few weeks off for Christmas time. We're starting again this weekend.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Todd - What does mounting the camber link up and between 2 and 3 do on the front shock tower? MF was telling me it would take away steering, but could you tell me what your experiences have been with it? When would you use that hole instead of 2 or 3?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried the brushless today with the same setup as I had been running and the car was decent. It still didn't transition like I wanted to so I went from Purple to green front springs (thanks again kevin) and the car was much better. I threw it on the my integy setup station after the 2nd round and things were a little out of wack, along with a bound up ball cup. Straightened that out and things were ok, but the car was faster in the 2nd round. Before the main, I laid the front shocks down and was realy really happy with how the car was in practice before the main. Tone goes off, the top 3 take it easy, and I got plowed into from behind. 1 broken battery bar, right rear arm, and a rear bumper...sigh. At least I think I found out what changes to make as traction increases. I never tried going to the 2f block, but I may try that early next week.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

Gary, what rear springs are you running?
Old 01-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by James Nguyen
Todd - What does mounting the camber link up and between 2 and 3 do on the front shock tower? MF was telling me it would take away steering, but could you tell me what your experiences have been with it? When would you use that hole instead of 2 or 3?
You're racing this weekend right? I'll help you get the car dialed and feeling good. I never had to run the upper holes Matt runs with rubber tire's but on foams I did. The PMR shock towers that I have on my car has extra upper holes in the front and rear. See you on the rug.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Silvers. I was thinking about going one step stiffer there and keeping the purple springs, but the greens up front seemed to do the trick.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:42 AM
TLRacing

James-On carpet/foam tires we have seen that it makes the car have less steering when the traction comes up. I think the next best location is the #3 hole which will have more steering than the drilled hole and still be somewhat smooth. The #2 hole can be good on a lower bite track but as soon as the traction starts getting high that link can make your car grabby in the center of the turn. On asphalt I have not needed this new drilled hole. I always run the new drilled hole on carpet however I only race big races on carpet. I think on a club race track you will be able to run the #3 hole with no problem.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:46 AM
TLRacing

James-Also here is another way to think of this. As you raise the inner link(new drilled hole) you will have less camber gain. By having less camber gain you will make that end of your car stiffer. By making it stiffer you are creating less grip to that end of the car. So by lowering the inner link(hole #2 or #3) you are doing just the opposite....you will have more camber gain making that end of the car softer which will give you more grip. Hope that makes sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.