Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
If you dont do that the cvd will hit the one way/diff...
Do you mean when turning or just going striaght?
I have aluminum CVDs all four corners. Should i install steal ones in the front and shave the end to the pin? Will this allow the car to not make tic tic tic noise when turning?

Let me know!
Thanks alot...
The key here is to limit steering throw.

The sound that you are hearing is the CVD extending beyond its means and is in full 'lock' to one side.

Start by gluing a small washer to the stop area on the spindle where it meets the carrier and adjust your radio so you have the steering endpoints adjusted to this new limited steering throw.

If my car requires me to steer at 'full-lock' then it is usually a setup issue - time to check tires and setup.

Btw, no Dremeling is required for the CVDS.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

My car is diving too much as soon as I get off-power to make a turn, so my tail end breaks loose just a tad... The setup is really good, but I think it could be better... I'm running 35 wt oil in the rear and pink springs in the front 40 wt oil and blue springs. I'm running 0 kickup in the front and was wondering if I should change out the block and run the 2f block or whatever it is... But I'm also running the low-roll centers all around the car... Should I just change the front back to the high-roll center instead and still run 0 kick up? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!
J
Old 12-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
My car is diving too much as soon as I get off-power to make a turn, so my tail end breaks loose just a tad... The setup is really good, but I think it could be better... I'm running 35 wt oil in the rear and pink springs in the front 40 wt oil and blue springs. I'm running 0 kickup in the front and was wondering if I should change out the block and run the 2f block or whatever it is... But I'm also running the low-roll centers all around the car... Should I just change the front back to the high-roll center instead and still run 0 kick up? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!
J
If you are happy with the setup, go with small changes, increase front dampening.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Eirik Andreassen, thanks for the tip, I'm gonna look into that.

Jitsu, I'd try the 2F in the front first since it's an easier change, don't forget to reset your droop to where it is as the 2F will change it.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm, I just checked and I am running the 2F. Doesn't that mean I'm running 0 kickup?

MDawson, what would you suggest to increase front Dampening? Maybe 60 wt oil or something like that?

OR, I could even run the 2R block in the rear right? Hehe, jeez!

Thanks!
J

Last edited by JitsuGuy; 12-21-2003 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MDawson
Btw, no Dremeling is required for the CVDS.
Mark, could you tell me where you gain more steering from the rear pivot block in the front? mid corner, entry, exit? Also do I have to add wheel spacers to make the car normal width again?
Old 12-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, I just checked and I am running the 2F. Doesn't that mean I'm running 0 kickup?

MDawson, what would you suggest to increase front Dampening? Maybe 60 wt oil or something like that?

OR, I could even run the 2R block in the rear right? Hehe, jeez!

Thanks!
J
perhaps try 45 or 50. it might just be an issue of reducing the rate the car transfers weight forward.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by James Nguyen
Mark, could you tell me where you gain more steering from the rear pivot block in the front? mid corner, entry, exit? Also do I have to add wheel spacers to make the car normal width again?
Hi James-

I have not used 2R for the front. All of my setups have always kept the swept back front arms. 0F with 2D carriers. The 0F/2D offered more initial without losing the mid/exit.

Last edited by MDawson; 12-21-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya, i am pretty sure i don't have to dremel the ball part of the cvd because there are no scratch from the diff... When I turn the cvd on max steering there is no binding but there is when the car is actually on the track... any ideas? (this happened also with my HPI PRO 2 but i could not figure out why)

also, I am going to the hardware stores tommorow so i can make my own front inner hinge pin... I can't beleive mine just cracked and broke clean without bending...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

In theory... Is it possible to have 2 totally different setups but both of them still be great setups? There is a Losi at my track that is *HOOKED* but the setup is so different from mine and I feel I'm pretty close with my setup I don't want to change everything and copy his setup just yet. Anyhoo, just curious.

J
Old 12-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by James Nguyen

hi... i tried the 2r in front... it definitely gave me more exit steering, however, in my opinion, it gave a bit to much that it could possibly make the car spin out.

its definitely worth trying out, it might suit your drving, but definitely for me it didn't.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

In theory... Is it possible to have 2 totally different setups but both of them still be great setups? There is a Losi at my track that is *HOOKED* but the setup is so different from mine and I feel I'm pretty close with my setup I don't want to change everything and copy his setup just yet. Anyhoo, just curious.

J
Of course...

it's all driver preference and style
Old 12-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

J

Definitely... its because you have your own way of driving, the feel of the car, etc...

its like when the pro's have a big race, same car, different set-up because they drive differently.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mercury Racer
hi... i tried the 2r in front... it definitely gave me more exit steering, however, in my opinion, it gave a bit to much that it could possibly make the car spin out.

its definitely worth trying out, it might suit your drving, but definitely for me it didn't.
lol... i guess i am crapping the 2R front idea
I will try 0F or 4F

I hate too much exit steering... fast-med turnin and medium exit is what i am looking for....

I am running on really flat smooth carpet surface (Except for the 2 electric cal tape spots) So i guess I will try the 0F?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I am a Losi owner in Hong Kong,
For me, I use 4 degree Caster,
and 0F for front (high roll centre)

performance not bad

http://kkkwan.no-ip.info/gallery/album28

Here is my Team Losi XXX-S G+

and I have some modified options on it.
wanna to share with you guy ^_^

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.