R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2003, 09:53 PM   #7576
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Randy,
Done with the Losi so soon? After all that work? What's next?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:04 PM   #7577
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Randy,
Done with the Losi so soon? After all that work? What's next?
I've been talked in to trying the SD again, so I picked up a Rayspeed Ultimate SD
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:10 PM   #7578
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well 8.2 seems MUCH too low for a large track. When I do run stock, I true the comm every 2 runs, and the car is geared accordingly, if you want more life, go with a 6.9-7.1 final drive.
6.9-7.1 thats what i usually run on a p2k2 pro and it works really well...but on a monster i started at 6.59 all the way up to 8.24 and nuthing worked...i test 6.33 too but still the motor is running really really hot...i guess i'm gonna try to go 8.67 or maybe on the 9ish....i talked to someone running a tc3 with the a monster stock and he geared his car 9.47...maybe i'm wrong about thinking its a large track...i just know its the biggest track around here...it's fairly technical...the parking lot lines up around 8 to 10 cars side by side by 4 cars bumper to bumper....i dunno how long but think toyota tacoma....thnx for the input guys
Los1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:11 PM   #7579
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I've been talked in to trying the SD again, so I picked up a Rayspeed Ultimate SD
Didn't you run that like once and get rid of it the first time around?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:21 PM   #7580
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Didn't you run that like once and get rid of it the first time around?
Yep, that SSG car sucked in my mind, but I did promise that I'd try the Rayspeed SD when it was released...
Old 10-30-2003, 10:30 PM   #7581
Tech Champion

Who talked you into that one?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 PM   #7582
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Who talked you into that one?
Tosolini had somethin to do with it
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 PM   #7583
Tech Champion

Old 10-30-2003, 10:57 PM   #7584
Tech Prophet

All I can say is it better be fast
Old 10-30-2003, 11:02 PM   #7585
Tech Champion

Why not just hang onto the Losi just in case? Need to recoop some $$$?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:42 AM   #7586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Los1Fan
6.9-7.1 thats what i usually run on a p2k2 pro and it works really well...but on a monster i started at 6.59 all the way up to 8.24 and nuthing worked...i test 6.33 too but still the motor is running really really hot...i guess i'm gonna try to go 8.67 or maybe on the 9ish....i talked to someone running a tc3 with the a monster stock and he geared his car 9.47...maybe i'm wrong about thinking its a large track...i just know its the biggest track around here...it's fairly technical...the parking lot lines up around 8 to 10 cars side by side by 4 cars bumper to bumper....i dunno how long but think toyota tacoma....thnx for the input guys
if you gear your p2k2 that low, i guess you have to gear the monster even lower...

check out the other racers gearing, and that should your basis, i found that 6.8 to 7.2 is about right for the monster stock.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #7587
Tech Initiate

Default Front hinge pins

Hi Kevin K,
I've seen in your recently posted "foam on carpet" setup, you put 2R pivot support in front: so you reached the condition of parallel front arm pins.
I have done the same by modifying the pivot blocks wider and the pivot support narrower (dremel and some epoxy resin helped me!). I tested the car with foam on asphalt, and my feeling is that it is more stable and planted than before and the average time in race condition is faster.
I already discussed on this with Todd Hodge. Any thoughts from you? Why Losi made pins unparallel on the XXX-S? And what about a kit from Losi for "parallel pins?"
Thanks,
EddiRossi.
EddiRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:58 AM   #7588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Front hinge pins

Quote:
Originally posted by EddiRossi
Hi Kevin K,
I've seen in your recently posted "foam on carpet" setup, you put 2R pivot support in front: so you reached the condition of parallel front arm pins.
I have done the same by modifying the pivot blocks wider and the pivot support narrower (dremel and some epoxy resin helped me!). I tested the car with foam on asphalt, and my feeling is that it is more stable and planted than before and the average time in race condition is faster.
I already discussed on this with Todd Hodge. Any thoughts from you? Why Losi made pins unparallel on the XXX-S? And what about a kit from Losi for "parallel pins?"
Thanks,
EddiRossi.

aside from the toe of the front tires, what else where affected by this modification?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:45 AM   #7589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Ok when I drove the car with the 2r block in the front it gave the car more steering and it just felt better on corner exit. Now what this mod does is two things one is it narrows the front track a bunch and changes the drive shaft angle. Your wheel base is also slightly changed as well. I was told once by a very well respected person in RC that the drive shaft angle controls on power traction at that end of the car. Example....if the front CVDs are angled towards the back of the car they will have less on power traction and if they are angled towards the front they will have more on power or forward traction. I dont know I cant speak for why Losi did that but I would think it had something to do with making the car easy to drive for everybody or something like that.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:54 AM   #7590
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
Ok when I drove the car with the 2r block in the front it gave the car more steering and it just felt better on corner exit. Now what this mod does is two things one is it narrows the front track a bunch and changes the drive shaft angle. Your wheel base is also slightly changed as well. I was told once by a very well respected person in RC that the drive shaft angle controls on power traction at that end of the car. Example....if the front CVDs are angled towards the back of the car they will have less on power traction and if they are angled towards the front they will have more on power or forward traction. I dont know I cant speak for why Losi did that but I would think it had something to do with making the car easy to drive for everybody or something like that.

cool... i will definitely try out this modification. i have been lacking steering on some of the exits of our track, hope this solves it.

so, let me get this straight, i just pop in the 2R in front? and check the front toe?
Mercury Racer is offline   Reply With Quote