Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, thanks! I'm going to give that setup a try!

J
Old 10-28-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by dpaton
Can you quanitfy "quite hot" and "cools down" for us? It'll help a lot...

If it was a real car, I'd say use some higher temp (harder) tires. It sounds like the heat is making them a little greasy, and as it cools off they come back into their traction range. You could also try playing with traction compound.

My $0.02.

-dave

hot around 50 to 60 degrees centigrade... cool is 30 to 36 degrees centigrade.

compound is out of the question. doesnt work, the track is a bit dusty.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by highwayman
hot around 50 to 60 degrees centigrade... cool is 30 to 36 degrees centigrade.

compound is out of the question. doesnt work, the track is a bit dusty.
Dusty track? Ugh...what kind of tries are you using? I can't imagine slicks work well...

If it were clean, I'd say that the hot end would be perfect for CS27 type tires. The heat will make them nice and sticky. On the 'colld' end, something a compound or two softer (CS22s if you're a Take-Off guy like me) should be OK.

-dave
Old 10-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone that runs foams on carpet should give Kevin's setup a try. His car looked the best out of all the cars in stock. I have also seen Brian J's car run in mod and would have to say that it is one of the best mod Losi cars I have seen. These guys have been doing their homework and it is really starting to show. Awesome run this weekwend Kevin.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kevin K- set up looks good, I want to try it out, but have a few Q's...

-battery placement? forward?
-rear hub position? camber position on rear hub?
-any shock limiting? front and/or rear?
-the Losi LRC block actually a mid roll center block...

Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

J Filipow.....

The battery is forward my bad....I have never run my pack in the rear of the car and cant think of anyone who has.

Rear hub position? Im not sure what you mean. I posted that I had 0 deg offset hubs so that would mean its in the inside "offset" holes on the arm and I used a Ti Ball stud on the outside hole of the hub. If there is more that you are looking for Im not sure I follow what your looking for.

No Shock limiting....I do not use the droop screws everything is set off of shock length. With the Roll center blocks used you will need to cut the droop screw "holders" off of the bumpers for clearance.

Yes I know that the Losi LOW is a mid roll center but I was using Losi parts and its called a Losi Low roll center so I did not want to confuse anyone. Also I should have added that the REAR roll center is a Losi Low cut another .080 off of the bottom to further lower the Roll center.

And Next time you see Brian Busse he should have this setup on his car as well....so if you need anything more give him a shout....hes got info too.

If there is anything more you need ask away
Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

kevin - are you coming to trackside this sunday?
Old 10-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Luke....I highly doubt I will be up there for another couple weeks or more.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How's this for the Kevin K setup????

Last edited by Tres; 07-10-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Tres.....that looks good thanks.....and thanks again for the face plate.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dpaton
Dusty track? Ugh...what kind of tries are you using? I can't imagine slicks work well...

If it were clean, I'd say that the hot end would be perfect for CS27 type tires. The heat will make them nice and sticky. On the 'colld' end, something a compound or two softer (CS22s if you're a Take-Off guy like me) should be OK.

-dave

slicks work... sorex 40 to be exact with med inserts....

the sorex 40's work best late afternoon till nightime, but during the day, they become quite slippery.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

KEVIN K:

how did you shave the rear roll center?

would you recommend this modification even if we're running on asphalt? what are its benfits?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default XXXS Axles

Hi Guys

I have a question about XXXS Axles. I bought a car from a friend and the threaded part the front CVD's is shorter than the rear threaded part. once you have the hex and wheel on the threaded part is only 1/2 way through the nut. Any idea's on this?

Also I have been having a problem with items I am ordering being packaged wrong? I am on my 3rd itme now that has had packaging issues. Is this a problem or just a run of bad luck on my part?

Here is what I have found.

1. Graphite conversion had front pivot supports only no rear. They put double fronts in the package.
2. front caster blocks 0deg markings were different. One had a large 0 and the other a smaller one. Also the button head screw that goes in from the bottom is wearing a groove in the caster block(with the smaller 0) as it won't sit straight.
3. battery posts & antenna mount kit came with 1 battery post and 2 antenna mounts. Shouldnt this be the other way around?

I'm not trying to whine about these mispackaging problems, just trying to get a handle on it. I am glad that I traded off that TC3 for it.

Cheers

Paul
Old 10-29-2003, 12:24 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: XXXS Axles

Originally posted by PaulP
Hi Guys

I have a question about XXXS Axles. I bought a car from a friend and the threaded part the front CVD's is shorter than the rear threaded part. once you have the hex and wheel on the threaded part is only 1/2 way through the nut. Any idea's on this?
\
The original XXX-S had longer axles, so the threads will stick out more.

The GP+'s axles are a little shorter, and for me are usually flush with the lock nut.

Just as long as the axle hits the nylon part of the locknut, I wouldn't be worried.

If it doesnt, you may want to see if it is shimmed, or if he used AE hexes. If either have been done on the car, it might not let the axle get to the nylon.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

KevinK- Thanks for clearing that up a little. Busse? I think we are going to be trying this set up at the same track, so we'll see...ahahha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.