R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #6946
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to audiaudi Send a message via MSN to audiaudi

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
i was suppose to try it out last night (camber link positions), but it was getting pretty late, so we had to go home. i'll experiment with the camber link next practice.
Anyway, remember the rule of the camber links, the longer the cambber links, the more traction that wheel will have, when you are using "normal" camber, like 1 or 2 degrees, but if you try to sent the camber on 0 ~ 0.5 degree, you may need to try out the actual camber link length thougtout testing.

My one way ALWAYS breaks as well, so I have change it to the tech racing one-way. although it is not as smooth as the losi's, and need to change the front sway shaft into TC3's, but it never break again....

Trying very hard to jump back into RC with CRC Xti-wc.
audiaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:41 PM   #6947
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by audiaudi
Anyway, remember the rule of the camber links, the longer the cambber links, the more traction that wheel will have, when you are using "normal" camber, like 1 or 2 degrees, but if you try to sent the camber on 0 ~ 0.5 degree, you may need to try out the actual camber link length thougtout testing.

My one way ALWAYS breaks as well, so I have change it to the tech racing one-way. although it is not as smooth as the losi's, and need to change the front sway shaft into TC3's, but it never break again....

... give us some more details on the tech racing one way...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:48 PM   #6948
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes, more info, please...
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:50 PM   #6949
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
... give us some more details on the tech racing one way...
It is with 2 6mm one-way bearing installed, you can't use the original front shaft with it, and will have to change to TC3 stainless steel shaft. It is durable, but not as smooth as the Losi one. if you want one, you can contact me and I'll buy one for you. I don't really remember the pricing right but it is arround USD50... including shipping.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #6950
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by audiaudi
It is with 2 6mm one-way bearing installed, you can't use the original front shaft with it, and will have to change to TC3 stainless steel shaft. It is durable, but not as smooth as the Losi one. if you want one, you can contact me and I'll buy one for you. I don't really remember the pricing right but it is arround USD50... including shipping.
what shaft? anyway, got any pics? its kinda hard to visualize, since i know the TC3 one way is quite long compared to the losi ones...
Old 08-28-2003, 03:14 PM   #6951
Tech Regular

I'll take a photo later..
I mean the universal shaft...

Old 08-28-2003, 09:33 PM   #6952
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

highwayman: no wonder. thats a drastic change in set-up - from one ways and 0 deg caster to diffs and 4 degs. the change in caster alone is a major one. 0 degs makes the car initiate the turn really quick and can sometimes feel twitchy, couple that with one way and it can get difficult to drive. with the 4 degs you have now, the car will initiate the corner smoother but you mid corner steering should improve. i agree with i agree with audiaudi about camber links. ive played with those a bit in the past but kinda settled in the #2 hole up front since it gives good balance for me in any track. i play with shock positions, arm spacing, ride height and even sway bars more now to fine tune my steering needs depending on the track. maybe you can post your set-up so its easier to make suggestions.

ps. parang di tayo nagkikita sa track eh noh? hehehe

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:30 AM   #6953
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

does any of you run chrome rear chamber ball studs ? i currently have the blacks on but seems like most of xxxs drivers from my track run chrome ball studs.. i have heard it stablizes the rear how big of a differecence does it make ?i will try it out next time around but just want to hear some of your opinions.
thanks
Old 08-29-2003, 10:01 AM   #6954
Tech Fanatic

Default yep

i run chrome studs in the back, it tightened up my rear. I'm going to love it on carpet, i can tell, but at my lhs track, i wanted to be more loose. I couldn't change the studs either, "i don't have a tool(socket or wrench) to get that small thing out.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:36 AM   #6955
Tech Initiate

disregard
saabcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #6956
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

the parts you need to change with the tech racing oneway is the dogbones......you need to run assc. bones on the car.......

as a side note i have a brand new tech racing one way for sale......if anyone is interested....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #6957
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBORAT
highwayman: no wonder. thats a drastic change in set-up - from one ways and 0 deg caster to diffs and 4 degs. the change in caster alone is a major one. 0 degs makes the car initiate the turn really quick and can sometimes feel twitchy, couple that with one way and it can get difficult to drive. with the 4 degs you have now, the car will initiate the corner smoother but you mid corner steering should improve. i agree with i agree with audiaudi about camber links. ive played with those a bit in the past but kinda settled in the #2 hole up front since it gives good balance for me in any track. i play with shock positions, arm spacing, ride height and even sway bars more now to fine tune my steering needs depending on the track. maybe you can post your set-up so its easier to make suggestions.

ps. parang di tayo nagkikita sa track eh noh? hehehe

hahaha...

... anyway, might not be able to run this sat. we have this thing in my son's school...

... just a note, i found your observation opposite to mine, 0deg caster gives more mid to exit steering, while 4deg caster will initiate the corner harder but gives less mid and exit steering.

... will post the set-up im running, but we'll run monday in fiesta so, ill do some more testing on the front camber links by then. thnx.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:16 PM   #6958
Tech Adept

HI,GUYS
I HAVE A XXX-S I GOT FROM A TRADE,THE DIFFS.NEEDS SOME ADJUSTMENT AND I DOENT HAVE THE MANUAL,CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS THE BEST WAY TO SET THE DIFFS.
GAMBO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:32 PM   #6959
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to racecar850 Send a message via Yahoo to racecar850 Send a message via Skype™ to racecar850
Thumbs up KEVLAR SPUR

I have just installed the new Kevlar spur gear from Losi.....SWEET

DRIVING...An inconvenient way of getting from A to B
racecar850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:48 PM   #6960
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Gambo94......if the diffs are out of the car the best way to check them is to put two allen wrenches or any tool that fits in the out drive slots. And while holding the two tools try to turn the diff gear if it slipps the diff is too loose tighten it up and try again. Or if they are installed in the car take the gear cover off and with one hand hold the spur and a rear tire in one hand and try to rotate the other tire if it rotates easily the diff is too loose. The rear diff can slip a little. To check the front diff hold the spur and use your elbow or forarm and hold one of the front tires and rotate the other side tire if it rotates easily its too loose....the front diff you more then likely want it tighter then the rear one. Hope you can understand what Im talking about....
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote