Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 08-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good, that's why I never did go with a oneway when I ran a TC3. Besides, hopefully I won't be doing too much crashing.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by crono man
is the BRP bumper worth it?
NOPE!! they may save you once or twice before they rip almost completely from the car!! Go with the Losi lexan bumper brace and the G+ top piece thingy and you will be set!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

use the graphite + foam bumper and mount.
ive seen the brp bumper crumble up in big crashes
Old 08-22-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

If on the losi setup sheet it says "carrier 4" that would mean 4 degrees right?

So if on the same setup sheet the driver is using the front 2F pivot with "carrier 4" that means that the real carrier angle would be 4+2=6degrees?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default i need some advise... oneway with overdrive

I 'm sure it's been asked before and i've looked at about every page here but haven't found one about oneway and overdrive together. My front diff blew up the other day so i was thinking of running a oneway with the overdrive pulley, i've had great sucsses with diff and overdrive but don't know if anyone else had tried it with a oneway. I'm only racing on carpet and it's usually a tight technical track for the most part, from time to time it's got a few long sweepers and a tight in field..So any sugestions?
Old 08-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

crono man- yes, that will equal 6 deg. castor. you just add the carrier and mounts for overall castor.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hey all i know this might not be the best question but i was wonderin whats an all around good setup for carpet with foams thanks.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Go to teamlosi's website, they have a few setups there.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by crono man
If on the losi setup sheet it says "carrier 4" that would mean 4 degrees right?

So if on the same setup sheet the driver is using the front 2F pivot with "carrier 4" that means that the real carrier angle would be 4+2=6degrees?
... but check if they're using the low mounts for the arms, in which case, it will yield 0 kick-up...
Old 08-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: i need some advise... oneway with overdrive

Originally posted by tricklosi
I 'm sure it's been asked before and i've looked at about every page here but haven't found one about oneway and overdrive together. My front diff blew up the other day so i was thinking of running a oneway with the overdrive pulley, i've had great sucsses with diff and overdrive but don't know if anyone else had tried it with a oneway. I'm only racing on carpet and it's usually a tight technical track for the most part, from time to time it's got a few long sweepers and a tight in field..So any sugestions?
i have not tried it but, in theory it should give you tons of steering coming into a turn. maybe too much and considering your track is mostly tight, it may be difficult to drive consistently. overdrive is usually a good option when running a spool. this is because it gains back the loss of steering coming into a turn that occurs when running a spool. but if you do decide to try it out, let us know how it works for you. hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

hi guys,, just a quick question...
I was a at a recent race meeting,, my dillema was this: i was as fast down the straight....existing the cornerst..
But i would loose a car length during "mid Corner"..what would you do to carry more corner speed..

would you want to make the car looser..so as it didnt bog down as much or would you want more traction..

PS.. this is in Stock racing. on a high speed flowing track. with high traction,
Old 08-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Painy
hi guys,, just a quick question...
I was a at a recent race meeting,, my dillema was this: i was as fast down the straight....existing the cornerst..
But i would loose a car length during "mid Corner"..what would you do to carry more corner speed..

would you want to make the car looser..so as it didnt bog down as much or would you want more traction..

PS.. this is in Stock racing. on a high speed flowing track. with high traction,

r you using a 1 way?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I am about to buy my first TC, a XXX-S G+ after having done the offroad thing for a while. I intend to run a Novak Super Sport Brushless and I have a few stupid questions...

1. Anyone have a picture of their XXX-S with the Novak brushless system in place?

2. What is the best way to setup the onboard electronics considering the Novak ESC with the brushless is fairly large?

3. STUPID, STUPID question but how are the ESC, RX etc. mounted securely to the chassis when the graphite chassis that comes with the G+ has so many cutouts? I suppose being a TC the XXX-S doesn't get the banged up but are you just cutting strips of servo tape or something to hold this stuff on?

4. My setup for what it is worth will be a JR RX for the XS3 crystal less radio, Novak Brushless ESC, and either JR metal gear or Hitec metal gear servo.

Last edited by saabcaptain; 08-26-2003 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

yes iam using a oneway.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: i need some advise... oneway with overdrive

Originally posted by ROBORAT
i have not tried it but, in theory it should give you tons of steering coming into a turn. maybe too much and considering your track is mostly tight, it may be difficult to drive consistently. overdrive is usually a good option when running a spool. this is because it gains back the loss of steering coming into a turn that occurs when running a spool. but if you do decide to try it out, let us know how it works for you. hope this helps.
Cool, thanks for the insight, as of right now i'm just running the one-way and having a blast with it. The next time i pull the front diff out for regular maintance i'll drop it down to the overdrive pulley and post the results...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.