R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2001, 12:37 PM   #676
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is the oneway diff out yet? If so where can I find one?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:52 PM   #677
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

If my wife was not such a butt nugget I could get away with buying a CNC machine and all the software to run it and blank pieces of Titanium and Aluminum and lighter, stronger metal and make my own...butttttttttttttttt NOooooooooooooooooo.... I have to much stuff as it is now....WOMEN!!!!!

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 01:28 PM   #678
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

mike-

Losi will be releasing a line of 64 pitch spurs very soon. Molded, one piece units like the 48's. This is clearly the way to go in my opinion.
Old 10-09-2001, 01:41 PM   #679
Tech Elite

Ahhh... that would be very nice. I hope they do have a good selection of spur gears besides 2-3 to choose from.

Mike Webb
Old 10-09-2001, 01:49 PM   #680
Ty
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Todd Hodge said on Trinity Techtalk that only three sizes would be available in 64 pitch, 118, 120, 122 ( I think). He also said the molding was a little better so they would run truer.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 02:01 PM   #681
Tech Elite

Wife just told me that my Dremel has arrived ..... Tonight I am going to start drilling and cutting away from my XXX-S chassis and try to make it lighter. I have printed out a picture of the graphite chassis from the losi website and have expanded it to be just about the right size on the piece of paper so that I can lay it out on the chassis and draw the portions of the car that I need to cut out....... Plus a little more that I think it needs

Mike
Old 10-09-2001, 04:28 PM   #682
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Less is more with the composite chassis. If are you too much of a Dremel-Maniac on it especially around the battery side you may weaken it. I saw on of the chassis that was cut the same as the graphite lose the entire side-rail on the battery side.

This is as far as I went with my original chassis.

Old 10-09-2001, 11:58 PM   #683
Tech Elite

Default RE: Trinity XXX-S Gear adapter

FYI, this was on the Trinity Board.

Trinity XXX-S Gear adapter Matt Francis Line!
Created Tuesday, October 9, 2001, 5:51 p.m. by Larry D., who wrote:
In stock - Trinity/ Matt Francis Line brings you the XXX-S gear adapter. This allows you to use aftermarket 48 pitch, BK gears or 64 pitch gears. Red Anodized and approved by Matt Francis himself. Doesnt get any better than that! Have your Local Shop order yours today. Part No. TMF1117

Matt Francis (Wednesday, October 10, 2001, 1:47 a.m.)
Guys/gals.... I have this on my sedan and must say it's a great product. Because of the limited space for the spur/gear adapter you must use Trinity Spur gears. They are slightly thinner and accomodate the adapter correctly. Kimbrough and Robinson gears are too thick. This may innconvienence a few of you, but I have tried every type/brand/pitch of gear available and Trinity gears are the quietest, truest (sp), and all around best gears on the market. Besides, I use BK pitch on all my cars and now only have to carry one type/pitch of pinion. MF
Old 10-10-2001, 01:10 AM   #684
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01
Default CVD's binding up?

Does anyone know why the front wheels start bouncing erratically when you turn the front wheels to the left or right while applying about 1/3 to full throttle? The car must be on a car stand for you to notice it. My dual rate is at 50% so there isn't much steering in it. The CVD pin isn't sticking out one side on the bone so that it would hit some part of the front spindles. The only thing I can come up with is that the CVD's are binding up in some way. Has anyone solved this prob?
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:19 AM   #685
R/C Tech Founder

MDawson: What? You mean the Trinity Spur Adapter only accepts Trinity gears? (trying to sound surprised...)

proudwinner: Turn your dual rate back up a bit, and reduce the Left/Right end point adjustment (EPA) on your transmitter. I had this problem on my car and simply needed to limit the range of movement from left-to-right. This prevents the dogbones from rubbing on the hub carriers when fully turned. Also, by using the EPA instead of a massive dual rate adjustment, you should get more responsive steering -- dual rate gets the job done, but it also changes the rate of steering (hence the name). Like, suppose when you turn 1mm on the wheel, that equates to 1mm of wheel travel. With a dual rate of 50%, 1mm on the wheel would end up being .5mm of wheel travel. The end result is similar to the EPA, but your overall steering is much slower in getting there. I'm not saying that dual rate is useless, though... Just that a very small dual rate setting (like the 50% you mentioned) could probably be changed to some combination of dual rate/EPA for better results.
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:35 AM   #686
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

futurereal- I thought it was the bones rubbin on the inside of the carrier so I put the axle shims on the inside of the CVD's axle so that they would space out the bone a little from the carrier, but the problem is still there.

Thanks for the info on the EPA adjustments-I'm not using any and I'm sure thats what I needed to hear so that I can solve my prob.

--------------------------------------------------------------Thanx
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 06:37 AM   #687
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yep it's true, a local racer has the adaptor and said that the Robinson & Kimbrough gears (what our LHS carries) will not work with it, they're to thick
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:56 AM   #688
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
MDawson: What? You mean the Trinity Spur Adapter only accepts Trinity gears? (trying to sound surprised...)
Actually I am suprised. Very.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:15 PM   #689
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You guys might think of trying Corally gears with the adapter. They are thinner than Robinson or Kimbrough and run very true.

Just a thought.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:29 PM   #690
R/C Tech Founder

My favorite spurs are actually from a company called B&T, not sure if they sell them in other parts of the country. I have a feeling they would work with the adapter, since they are actually quite thin. I suppose I won't know until I see one...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote