R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2003, 11:01 PM   #6781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Twiztid- you need less downtravel in the front, which means you wanna turn the droop screws in deeper...

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:01 PM   #6782
Tech Adept

dont know if this changes things i have all the speed tech hot ups but i want those new shock towers even thought there is not real differnce
TWiZTiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:07 PM   #6783
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TWiZTiD
dont know if this changes things i have all the speed tech hot ups but i want those new shock towers even thought there is not real differnce
Actually these shock tower are different that Ver. 1.

These SSG include the lower row of holes for the rear tower (as found on the Losi revised towers) and a another row for the front towers. If you notice, quite a few setups coming out of the Losi camp include a camber placement using upper mounts. These SSG towers will allow that tuning option.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #6784
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smartazz07

Hey stnlst,
Im pretty sure I'll be racing at speedworld this weekend. I'll be hangin with James Nugyen until I meet some poeple. He said He was gonna introduce me to billy for some setup help. I'll probly be the guy with the least dialed car i rookie. I hope to see you there.

Brandon
Smartazz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:10 AM   #6785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Smartazz07
Hey stnlst,
Im pretty sure I'll be racing at speedworld this weekend. I'll be hangin with James Nugyen until I meet some poeple. He said He was gonna introduce me to billy for some setup help. I'll probly be the guy with the least dialed car i rookie. I hope to see you there.

Brandon
Just have James bring you over. I'll be more than happy to help in any way that I can.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:58 PM   #6786
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

The SSG shock tower should be available early next week. We will have them on the website now for pre-order.

as MDawson mentioned (thanks for the pictures!), these are updated shock tower following the new Losi shock tower design with extra row of holes for more tuning option.

Steve Wang
Old 08-07-2003, 05:11 PM   #6787
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
More front droop will give you more on power steering on corner exit which is not what he needs from what I can tell by what he said....so he would need less front droop compaired to his rear droop or just add some rear droop. But thats just one thing he can try I would look more at the rear hubs....go to the standard hubs if the car is over rotating at slower tight corners.....and make the rear link longer move to the outside hole on the hub.
i know he may get more on power steering but more droop up front will also transfer more weight to the rear when he gets back on the throttle. that was the way i was looking at it anyway.

jarrod@rikter-designs.com
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #6788
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Yes it will transfer more weight but it will also let the front tires stay in contact with the track and that plus the combo if the front 1way will lead to more steering. I think its more of a low speed grip/side bite issue so that more in the rear end of the car I would think.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #6789
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

o, i didnt know he would be running a oneway. i must have missed that when i read it. i wasnt trying to cause trouble i was just going to add my input, but your theory makes more sense.

jarrod@rikter-designs.com

Last edited by Jarrod Langlois; 08-07-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:29 AM   #6790
Tech Initiate

how much is that SSG Shock Tower going to be?
Losi_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:00 AM   #6791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default The problem with discusing droop

Well the problem with discussing droop is half the world sees it one way and the other half sees it the other......
Basically droop is uptravel..... well when you discuss it as up travel 1mm of uptravel is higher on your "droop guage" however it is LESS uptravel than 2mm of uptravel which would be what you get when you unscrew the "droop" screws......

Now since Hudy brought out that first god forsaken guage MORE "droop" is higher on the guage by screwing the "droop" screw in, which is actually LESS uptravel ........

So sometimes you have intelligent people who actually think for themselves and don't listen to what Mario Huddy tells them and call a spade a spade...... Less "droop" should be called as such when you limit uptravel.... But I regress.... since the other half of the world actually have a use for those crappy plastic guages I will continue to not be able to acurately share my set-ups with the world....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's why I always speak of "droop" as uptravel, and also measure it as such settings are also much easier to convert for different tire diameters when measured as such....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:51 AM   #6792
Tech Fanatic

Default way to tight

hey guys, i got a xxx-s g+, and on my lhs track, i'm way to tight in the tight section of the track, i can't break the car loose if i wanted to, i'm running a stock motor.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:15 AM   #6793
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Add a rear sway bar. If you're already running one, go to a stiffer one. Is it entering, exiting or all around?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #6794
Tech Fanatic

Default reply

i'm running a front sway, but not a back one, the car is more setup for carpet racing(asphalt isn't my strong point). The car is being tight in the middle, but mostly it is all-around tight. little more exiting(hard to explain, but i lose all of speed in the turns, compared to other racers, and i don't hit the walls).
Old 08-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #6795
Tech Fanatic

Default anyway

okay, my question is, when you see a guy racing, and his back end is swinging out, basically the opposite of being all around tight, well, how can i be like that, a little bit, i am so tight it's not funny. I have a front sway, the battery is the the back(i got t-boned and broke the chassis, now i can't have it in the front), slicks, x-patterns, all graphite.