R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #6541
Tech Regular

I've had TQ and won my last 2 mod touring races, and as these were the first TC races I've ever won quite a few people were shocked. After seeing my XXX-S go last week at least one guy is seriously considering a swap from AE to Losi.
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:11 AM   #6542
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just made the move from a TC3 to the Losi right before the Reedy Race. I ran faster than I ever had and won the stock main my first race with the losi.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:38 AM   #6543
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to ned911

I ran at a new track last week in stock. I am the only person with a Losi, rest are TC3's and XRays.

In the second qualifier I came within 5 seconds of lapping the field.

Main wasn't as good because the stopped the race after 1 minute (I was leading big time) because I was the only person to put a transponder in. Still won but only by half a track over 2nd.

Gonna race mod this week.

Ned
ned911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #6544
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Is the XXXS dead..At the track i race at i'm about the only xxxs racer left,when the losi first came out alot of people had them and selling a used xxxs is not an easy task,Question is are you guys still winning with them ?In the area i race at stock is the biggest class and the shaft drive cars seem to be a little better in stock than belt cars..I think it might be time to break out the R2,but I really like my losi's and I dont really want to get rid of them,any tricks on freeing up the drivetrain.
Losi is the best car at speedworld. The TC3 won last weekend but if you look at all of the race results lately the Losi is the most consistent car. The shafts are cool and if the majority of the people run them then the shaft has a better chance of finishing ahead of some of the belted cars. Most of the fast guys at speedworld are running Losi and Yokomo with only one factory AE driver so any car can win but the nod would go to either Losi or Yokomo since they have more representation on the track....but that one AE guy is a world caliper type driver. If you need some set up help you have my email address.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #6545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Is the XXXS dead..At the track i race at i'm about the only xxxs racer left,when the losi first came out alot of people had them and selling a used xxxs is not an easy task,Question is are you guys still winning with them ?In the area i race at stock is the biggest class and the shaft drive cars seem to be a little better in stock than belt cars..I think it might be time to break out the R2,but I really like my losi's and I dont really want to get rid of them,any tricks on freeing up the drivetrain.
i have an sd myself and will probably get an R2, but to me my XXX's G+ is still old reliable... although i know what you guys mean... people automatically want a shaft drive, new or old drivers...

i had my best run with my losi last sat... (almost TQ , by .1 of a sec), it felt wierd to be in front of the grid for once... good thing the car in front of me was also a losi, and a very good driver to boot...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #6546
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ah yes, so its not obsolete yet. Just got mines...
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #6547
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Ah yes, so its not obsolete yet. Just got mines...
not by a long shot... i still love the way my losi handles as compared to my SD...

although the SD is still in the experimental set-up phase, the losi is still sood old reliable...
Old 07-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #6548
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smartazz07

I would say certainly not. At my track the xxx-s is the most common. And they are winning quite a bit. Im not winning because I need practice but the leader of the rookie class is a
xxx-s. Also the leaders of the other clases are almost always
xxx-s'. I hope to win tomorrow night though.
Smartazz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #6549
Tech Fanatic

Default .

Quote:
The Losi regularly wins and tq's here at our club. Best thing is that racers of lesser skills seem to do better running this ride...a solid performer week after week.
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 07:51 PM   #6550
Tech Regular

so would making the move from a hpi pro 3 to a losi xx-s sprint be a good one ???? i am thinking about getting the RTR kit.
Matt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:43 PM   #6551
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would have to say yes,The Losi RTR is a really good kit,an above average radio system with a really good car = great deal.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 AM   #6552
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt04
so would making the move from a hpi pro 3 to a losi xx-s sprint be a good one ???? i am thinking about getting the RTR kit.
YEP! good move...
Old 07-05-2003, 06:33 AM   #6553
Tech Elite

i noticed that the front and rear of my G+ has some play, can this affect handling?
Old 07-05-2003, 07:04 AM   #6554
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to ned911

The slop tends to make the car inconsistant. My XXX buggy develops a lot of arm slop over time. Best bet is to shim the arms and hubs as they get sloppy. Or replace parts.

On the XXX buggy the aluminum pivot blocks basically eliminate this problem.

Ned
ned911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:15 AM   #6555
Tech Elite

what will i replace? changed the arms already...

i noticed that in the setup sheet of some of the pro drivers it says there with regards the shock piston... "standard or drilled" what do they mean if its drilled...