R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2003, 02:22 PM   #6391
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by T. Hodge
highwayman-I always prefer mid front roll center with low rear. Whenever I raise my front roll center I loose offpower steering and when I run full low the car gets hard to drive. I think mid front and low rear offers the best all around balance on carpet/foam, asphalt rubber and carpet/rubber.
Thank you very much Todd.

first, i would like to say that we too at connecticut speedway love your article in RC CAR... this has been the basis for our setups and since that time, i can definitely say that our car (and hopefully our driving) has improved...

we have been running carpet on rubber this past week and have tested some of the set-ups you used, a friend of mine, actually duplicated your entire set-up and he found it very driveable. This set-up sheet featured you, using the low roll center up front, hence the my question in this tread...

i on the other hand tend to stick with a general set-up and just add or subtract (fine tune) my car based on the track conditions. (which has been fodly referred to as the lazy boy set-up)

anyway, i thank you again, and we do hope you can publish more of your tips... we have found them so useful that we have downloaded your set-up sheets and have been using it as a baseline to tune our ride...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:08 PM   #6392
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC3 CVS axle and wheel hub

Hi,

Can I use TC3 CVD axle and wheel hub on XXX-S ? I understand that the wheel hub will bring the width to 190mm and the CVD axle got longer thread for the nuts to grip properly.

I find that for XXX-S CVD, even I use low profile nut. it is really up to the end of the thread.

Please advise.
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:53 PM   #6393
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Re: TC3 CVS axle and wheel hub

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ongbenghui
[B]Hi,

Can I use TC3 CVD axle and wheel hub on XXX-S ? I understand that the wheel hub will bring the width to 190mm and the CVD axle got longer thread for the nuts to grip properly.

Yes you can run the TC3 axles.You can also use the axle from the original XXX-S non graphite car.
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:26 PM   #6394
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC3 CVD axle

Thanks. I just order a few of these.
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #6395
Tech Addict

I read the article last week and bought a copy of the magazine(must have got it just in time, the new issue was just hitting the shelf).
I'm new to the Losi, having driven Yokomo's for the past 5-6 years so the setup guide is a great resource to learn from. Hopefully I'll be able to put everything into practice ASAP.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #6396
Tech Adept

Default xxxs setup

i am going to try the spool diff in my xxxs this weekend. does any body have a decent set up they have for an asphalt, medium traction, tight, 100 degree track temp. , 100X50 track they could please share.
ernieball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 06:31 PM   #6397
TLRacing

IMPACTPLAYR-Thats awesome. That is exactly my goal with writing the article. Hopefully there will be more to come. I am hopefully going to start doing more with another magazine. As soon as I find out the details on the magazine. I will let you know.

SushiBoy-On the XXX-S there are two sets of holes on the diff cover. One is for high center and the other is for low center. Those holes are separated by .150". So to get a full front low roll center you need blocks that are cut .150" from full high. The low roll center blocks that come with the XXX-S G+ are actually mid roll center but we refer to them as low. That is why you have to run a 2F block to get 0 degrees of kick. Hopefully you understand what I am talking about.

highwayman-Thanks....glad to hear that I can help.

ernieball-This setup worked well with a spool.
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...edy03start.jpg
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 07:27 PM   #6398
Tech Adept

thank you
ernieball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #6399
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Todd is a good team driver,alot of help,he helped me at the Ca. norrca state champ. race,my xxxs was not real good,helped me put it in the A main.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 09:11 PM   #6400
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

T.Hodge: nice to see you here again. i have a question on the mid(low) roll set up. i understand that when you run losi mid roll blocks that to achieve 0 kick, you need to use the 2F blocks. i am assuming that the 2F block will be mounted in the lower holes of the diff cover right? i noticed however that when i do that, there seems to be some hingepin angle compared to when i use high roll and the 0F block in the top holes. this is just an "eyeball" observation using the hingpin angle and the chassis as a refernece point. do you observe the same or is there somthing wrong with what im doing?

another thing, i seem to keep stripping my spur when i hit a pipe head-on. and its not like im making a hard hit. i know the obvious thing for me to do is not hit the pipes (hehehe easier said than done for me), but i only to have this problem now that i switched to the G+. i was previously running an upgraded version of the original xxxs and never had this problem. i have set gear mesh the same way so i cant see that to be the problem. the only thing i have differently in the previous kit was that i was using the Red TMF Motor Clamp. now im using the standard motor clamp that comes with the kit. where could i be having a problem? would appreciate your inputs. thanks!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:06 PM   #6401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

what will the drive ratio be if i use 41T on both the front and rear pulleys? also, will the tensioner be able to handle the additional slack caused by smaller diameter pulleys? thanks for any info
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:31 PM   #6402
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I switched my car to the low roll center blocks in the rear and now I can't get the ride height above 3.5mm.Any ideas?
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #6403
Tech Addict

SEE- Check your shock length.
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:51 PM   #6404
Tech Regular

See

could it be your droop screws holding you down?
2QCK2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:00 PM   #6405
Tech Adept

Default Anti Dive

Anybody ever use anti dive in their XXX-S? I believe if I use the Mid Roll Center block in the front, and using the 0F instead of the 2F, I will get 2 degree of Anti-Dive.

Will this increase the steering response of the car?

A.W
Pembalap is offline   Reply With Quote