R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #6331
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ortiz
I won stock my first time out with it.. Been in the top 3 95% of the time. STLNLST, hey you going to the nats in NC??
No unfortunately. I'm sort of trying to plan on the gas sedan nationals but it's not looking too hopeful right now. This is sort of my cooling off year. Are you going? If so good luck.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:22 PM   #6332
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Best thing about the Losi it doesnt change with the weather.
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 06:26 AM   #6333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And neither do you See
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 06:40 AM   #6334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You forgot the Chassis is vertually untweakable!!! so if you have tweak problems with this car, you better go check your set-up, cause there is a builder/mechanic error!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #6335
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Harsh I change with the weather you should have seen me after the cup serious sunburn.
See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 09:05 AM   #6336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oh yea no doubt ...yea I forgot to put sunblock on Sunday
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 12:51 PM   #6337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guys can you help us out with this:

we are currently using the XXX G+, we have the low roll center in the rear and the 2r as the arm mount on the lower holes of the diff case... what would this result in? anti-squat or pro squat? what is the difference of anti squat and pro squat, and how are they used?

thanks
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #6338
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

With the low roll center in the rear and the 2r block you get anti squat (2 deg),if you want to run pro squat use the 4r block in the rear high roll center.(top holes on the diff cover).By running anti squat you get more foward bite and side bite,pro squat you get more steering but you give up some rear traction.If you race on carpet and have alot of rear traction(push) and need more steering try running "pro squat",if you race on a track that does not have good traction the anti squat should help.After looking at your track(on the net) I would try running pro squat with the tight turns i would think that you would want to free the car up in the turns,have any of you guy's tried a one way on this track?I know most dont recommend a one way for tight tracks but on the track that i race at is a small tight track,I like to run anti squat in the rear and a one way up front,this works really good for me(i dont really use brakes much for on road anyway)I hope this helped.

Last edited by xxxkat; 06-07-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:33 PM   #6339
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smartazz07

I'm racing for the second time tonight at ripon. I just got a futaba mc800c speed control yesterday, For my 8th grade graduation,Woohoo. Last time I lost cuz i only had one battery pack and I ruined it. But now I've got three more. I should come out on top. I hope . Wish me luck. Hehe.

Brandon
Smartazz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #6340
Tech Adept

OH by the way. Would it be safe to charge a 3300 on a quasar? or should I wait til I get more money so I can get a better charger?

Thanks again

Brandon
Old 06-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #6341
Tech Lord

Yes it would be safe(charge at 4.5 to 5 amps) Their is nothing wrong with the quasar it's a good charger.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:24 PM   #6342
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
With the low roll center in the rear and the 2r block you get anti squat (2 deg),if you want to run pro squat use the 4r block in the rear high roll center.(top holes on the diff cover).By running anti squat you get more foward bite and side bite,pro squat you get more steering but you give up some rear traction.If you race on carpet and have alot of rear traction(push) and need more steering try running "pro squat",if you race on a track that does not have good traction the anti squat should help.After looking at your track(on the net) I would try running pro squat with the tight turns i would think that you would want to free the car up in the turns,have any of you guy's tried a one way on this track?I know most dont recommend a one way for tight tracks but on the track that i race at is a small tight track,I like to run anti squat in the rear and a one way up front,this works really good for me(i dont really use brakes much for on road anyway)I hope this helped.
thanks... helped a lot...

just one last thing... anti squat is when the rear mount (2r) is higher in relation on the low roll center... meaning that the hinge pin is angled downwards the front of the car, and pro squat is just the opposite? is this right or i got it the other way around?

most guys run one ways... on my outdoor setup, i run red springs all around, one way, front shock on the number 3 hole rear shock number 2 hole 40 wt all around and 0 degree caster with 2 degree kick up and 2 degree anti-squat.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:42 PM   #6343
Tech Lord

On anti squat the rear is lower(back of your A arms is lower than the front)Pro squat the rear is higher(the back of your A arms is higher than the front)On my asphalt set up i like blue springs all the way around with 40wt.One other thing is your droop setting and ride height.Most of the time i run 4.5 in the front and 5 in the rear(ride height)On caster i allways run 4 degrees,for me the car feels twitchy if i run less caster,with 4 degrees caster in the front the car is alot easier for me to drive.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:15 PM   #6344
Tech Elite

now it makes sense, why when i look at my rear arms it slopes downward... i always thought that anti squat was like kick-up up front, only in reverse...

maybe i'll try putting back my 4 degree hubs, seems everybody is running them... we ran modified this sat, and my car had a bad understeer...

will experiment with the pro and anti-squat...

thanks dude...
Old 06-08-2003, 12:43 AM   #6345
Tech Adept

THanks. I just got home about an hour ago. It was soooooooo much better than my 2400's. Im gonna get a couple more 3300's a better charger and an equilizer tray. Just because I'd like to upgrade. It improved my lap times by 1.5 seconds and I can finally keep up with the crowd. Now all I need is practice, practice, practice. And I'm gonna get a lot more money for graduation.