Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 05-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ROBORAT
glide1: let me know how what you end up with and if the suggestions i had worked. another thing you may wan to try is using the low roll center blocks (which are actually mid roll). i am assuming you may have followed the instructions to use the hi roll one's instead. but if your on the low roll already, moving one hole in in the front tower could work. oh, just to clear things, are you using a sway bar up front? ... oh, i finally i ran my new g+ over at the carpet track here in rockwell. the car was hooked. my new set up seemed to give a bit more corner speed without my rear coming loose. the car felt more consistent too. will be trying out the otional ackerman setting as well to see how they affect handling. will let you know how that works out. will have to get a set of extra pivot blocks for the front to do some milling with the dremel.
Robo, I ended up with purple springs up front, red rears with 40wt all round. I also moved to 2 in on the front towers and 1 in on the rear. As for stabs, i'm not using any right now. Also, i'm using low roll centre blocks to give me 6 caster total. This setup seems the best yet at our track. Good to hear that your new g+ is hooked and, so soon!!, Let me know how the optional ackerman settings work and what excactly do you have to do to do the mod. Thanks

Not bad for the losi at the reedy race, 2nd for Spashett!! Hats off to Barry though...a real class act
Old 05-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

glide1: glad to here you got your ride working better now. mine was good on a tight carpet layout as mentioned, just a tad bit more and i think it'll be perfect. as for a set up for the outdoor asphalt at capitol, i wasnt able to test yet. the weather dint cooperate over the weekend. once i get to try out asphalt again and get a good set up, i'll try the ackerman thing & let you know how that turns out.

by the way, could i ask a favor of you? i noticed the shop at your local track had those BRP wide front bumpers. would you know if they still have them and how much? but please no need to go out of your way to check, maybe you can just take a peep next time you're at the track. i wanna get hold of some to reinforce my front end a bit. the indoor track here is quite unforgiving. some open pipes to contend with so a small error and OUCH!
Old 05-26-2003, 03:20 AM
Regional Moderator

glide1, hook me up with one of those BRP bumpers also. Broke mine a long tome ago at Pearl tracks . Robo, sabit muna ako kung kukuha ka ha .
Old 05-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Those BRP Bumpers are worth the dough. I used mine last Sat at Ogini's and took some hard banging, I mean really bad.....I just cracked my C-Hub carriers and that's it, no broken arms..... If i didn't have it before, I must have consumed two packs of arms.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Fatboy, yep I know they're worth it. Incidentally, do you have them at your shop?
Old 05-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default BRP Bumpers

Robo & Addict,

I'll check today if they still have them. If i remember correctly, they were P600-P700, problem is is that there were only 2 left and i think Beta has gotten 1 already!! Robo will text you later
Old 05-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

glide1: nice to hear from you. let me know the details regading Reggie and i'll arrange to get your charger. i'll text you also my address and BPI account details. thanks a lot dude!

Addict: you lucky shmuck! hehehe .... im getting the bumpers from glide1. just pay me when we see each other. thats 1,550 ok?! hehehe j/k!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 05-26-2003 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Regional Moderator

glide1, thanks! Hope to race with you some day.

Robo, thanks again bro.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know the part # for the I.R.S. spool?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

chefo88, it is IRS181. If you are having problems finding them we, KT Hobbies have them in stock.

We also have other IRS piecs in stock for the XXX-S, Dawg Bones, Pin Cushions, Outdrives. Plus the Team PRP shock towers.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 05-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Kraig
chefo88, it is IRS181. If you are having problems finding them we, KT Hobbies have them in stock.

We also have other IRS piecs in stock for the XXX-S, Dawg Bones, Pin Cushions, Outdrives. Plus the Team PRP shock towers.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Cool Thanks!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:59 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Swaybars

My LHS has no front swaybar set on stock, but they have a lot of rear sets. By the pictures they look very similar. Can I build a rear set (with some tricks?) on the front of the car???
Old 05-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You're going to have the bend them in more and probably cut them down a bit to get the right length, other than that they should work.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

You are better off going to the local hardware store and creating your own swaybars than to try to rebend the existing ones... not to mention the fact that it will be far less expensive.

Wilde
Old 05-28-2003, 01:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The IRS spool is a verry nice and so are their DawgBones with the pin cushins. I have them on my XXX-S and they are very nice and work perfectly. I'm very impressed with the IRS quality. The price is also really good on the spool. The Dawg Bones are a tad expensive but look as good as they work . I'm glad I went with their products.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.