R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2003, 08:10 AM   #5971
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The G-Plus does not come with extra springs or sway bars,and the kit tires suck.But every track is different so maybe the tires will work at your track..they sure dont work at any track I've been to.. On the springs and sway bar kit their cheap,so you wont be out to much money.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:45 AM   #5972
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
With the XXX-S G+ is it pretty much ready for top level racing out of the box or does it require the odd option or two?

Does it come with optional springs and sway bars?

cheers
paul
I would suggest a set of front and rear swaybar, also a set of springs. Another good add-on will be the Front One-way.

Andreas
Pembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:13 AM   #5973
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by black-knight
With the XXX-S G+ is it pretty much ready for top level racing out of the box or does it require the odd option or two?

Does it come with optional springs and sway bars?

cheers
paul
Great car but what ever you do DON'T mount any tire's on the kit supplied rims. Everyone out here has damaged them. They are too soft and the center hex warps like crazy. I personally have wasted two sets of brand new tire's on these rims and it won't happen again. Mount the kit tire's on the kit rims and give them to a novice driver or save them to put on a car that you plan to sell. The only up grade that I think you should get would be a oneway. Other than that I think that the car is ready straight out of the box.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #5974
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
too much steering

OK Guys, I have a XXXS GP and I put the one way in, all stock parts otherwise. Green front springs and silver rear. Running the same tire as everyone else at the track the same setup pretty much. The problem is , Right after putting the car on the track, tires sauced(paragon GE) the car has so much steering I cant drive it, I've never had a problem like this before, I dialed out all the steering on the radio. (the wheel by your thumb) but that didnt' help. Its so stuck I cant drive it for like 6 laps then the sauce goes away and it starts loosing traction and gets ass happy. not sure what to do. Or how to change the set up. The fast guys are dialing in even more steering and mine has too much as it does now.Any ideas??? Its an asphalt track. SOCAL.
i'm a decent driver, just can't seem to figure this puppy out. Might have to start using the TC3 again
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #5975
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

you race at socal track ? why dont you ask Tood Hodge.

You guys are running rubber tires ? Do you have a M8 , trying dialing rate out not using the thumb wheel.
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:06 AM   #5976
BG
Tech Addict

RAL if i were you I would stop using the traction compound. It looks like the car setup isnt generating enough grip once the compound wears off. Set up the car so that the car hooks up as if it was on rails just after warming up your tyres ( race temperature). At this pont the tyres should not go off if you drive the car within limits and not throw it around overheating the tyres and cooking them.

So the car should start off with medium grip as the tyres heat up, the grip should be good. If you get massive traction as soon as yoo start then it goes off , the setup is wrong.

Cheers
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:39 AM   #5977
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ral- Are you saucing the full front tire? If so cut back on the sauce on the fronts. Try only doing half of the tire from the inside to the middle. I agree with The Game...see if Todd Hodge can get you on the right track.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:59 AM   #5978
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try running without a one-way for a lap or two.. and see how it feels... You might actually like it

Batteries to the rear.... good ole stuff like that...
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #5979
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: too much steering

Quote:
Originally posted by RAL
OK Guys, I have a XXXS GP and I put the one way in, all stock parts otherwise. Green front springs and silver rear. Running the same tire as everyone else at the track the same setup pretty much. The problem is , Right after putting the car on the track, tires sauced(paragon GE) the car has so much steering I cant drive it, I've never had a problem like this before, I dialed out all the steering on the radio. (the wheel by your thumb) but that didnt' help. Its so stuck I cant drive it for like 6 laps then the sauce goes away and it starts loosing traction and gets ass happy. not sure what to do. Or how to change the set up. The fast guys are dialing in even more steering and mine has too much as it does now.Any ideas??? Its an asphalt track. SOCAL.
i'm a decent driver, just can't seem to figure this puppy out. Might have to start using the TC3 again

when i first used my Gplus XXXs, it had so much steering than my TC3, although i didn't dial out steering, i learned to take advantage of the XXXs, now im changing the set-up to even add more steering...

also... my opinion with the graphite plus, it really is tail happy when you let go of the throttle...

i'm going with red springs all around, 0 degree caster, 2 degree of kick up 2 degree of anti-squat...

also, as they suggest try the front diffs again...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #5980
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

with the one-way try the losi mid roll center with 0deg blocks up front, this willgive you -2 deg. kick-up or 2 deg. of anti-dive.... this should help to keep some weight on the rear tires. Compensate for the caster by using 6 deg. caster blocks to get 4 deg. of total caster to compensate for the loss of 2 deg. when you use anti-dive....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #5981
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks guys for the ideas. I have asked BK for some setup tips and he's helped me but what I'm running now is what whqat they older set up was. The new setup I haven't tried is the same as Bk setup sheet on losi site for the Socal race. Actually they are now stiffeneing up the rear
(silver spring to Blue) and moving the top shock pos all they way to the inside hole. Thats suypposed top give it more steering Don't need that. Todd seems to like using blue all the way around for springs. That should as well give it more steering. I did try a front diff at a different track once and liked it alot. I feel like if I take out the one way I'm sacrificing something.hard though at socal, everyone is so damn fast. But then again if you can't drive the car well cause of over steer then I guess thats not exactly helping either. Think I'll put the diff back in and try that. After that might put the purple springs back up front. Never tired them.

Thanks any way, just have to find some time to make it out to the track.
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:18 AM   #5982
Tech Apprentice

Default About the article in R/C Cars

About the article in R/C Cars
Hi,
I read the article and made the front modification in order to take my suspension arm all the way front but i have seen that i have to cut a little bit my bumper (where the screws are) in order for the arms to go all the way in front.
I would like to ask you do you make any modification on the shock holders also?? (i am using the quick mount from lunshford). Because i have seen that when the arms go all the way in front then the shocks are incline and if you use the 4 hole for the shock mount the spring is very very near to the caster block? Do you use another shock mount?? maybe a little longer to take your shocks a little further out??

Thanks

Harris
harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:18 AM   #5983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NO, yu are only moving your arms .05 inch forwad, not up to the absolute front of te mount....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:58 PM   #5984
Tech Rookie

Default Rear Toe Out of Whack

I have the original kit and I've noticed that the toe is about a degree different on one side compared to the other in the rear. Does anyone know which part might be defective and causing this?
dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 01:14 AM   #5985
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default harris

i wouldnt make this mod inless you are going to be run on High Bit carpet. I know Todd hodge and Andrew Gray were doing this. I did it and didnt like cause it takes steering away going in to the turn. If you want to do it shave down the front knobs on the blocks that hold the hing pins in like the 2 block or the 0/4 block. as for the shock tower you might need to shim it fwrd behind the shock collar. What car do you have the xxxs or the xxxs g+ ? cause your going to need to move the streeing rack in the fwrd holes.
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote