R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-11-2003, 03:00 PM   #5836
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tiomorrow I will be running my first asphalt race with my G+, the track is normally med-high bite during the warmer months, it's a sealed, clean parkinglot that is smooth. But the forecast says it gonna be between 55-63 deg. and it is only the second race race of the season, last week there seemed to be a slight traction problem., but not everyone had that bad a a problem, s I know it can be helped...... The track layout is fast ad flowing...

I was just wandering where should I start with pistos and oil?? I set it last week with 30 weight all around and 56 pistons in the front/55 in the rear.... but I never got a chance to check it out........ I will be running plaid/purple foams.....

Thanks in advance!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:38 PM   #5837
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

What springs? I would start with the blue(14.6lb) springs in the front with 56 pistons..30wt oil.With 55 pistons in the rear and 30wt that will make the car roll more into the turn and carry a little more speed but this will also take away some stability,I would run 56 pistons and 30wt with blue springs. If your car becomes erratic and hard to drive thicken the oil,You can also gain some rear traction by increasing rear droop to 4mm,you should test different droop settings to see what you like.I hope this helps.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #5838
Tech Elite

I was starting with the Blues front and rear as per the Hodge set-up guide from the May RC Car mag...... I was a little worried because the shocks with 30 weight feels a little mushy......

BTW: this is an awesome set-up guide.

Old 04-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #5839
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
What springs? I would start with the blue(14.6lb) springs in the front with 56 pistons..30wt oil.With 55 pistons in the rear and 30wt that will make the car roll more into the turn and carry a little more speed but this will also take away some stability,I would run 56 pistons and 30wt with blue springs. If your car becomes erratic and hard to drive thicken the oil,You can also gain some rear traction by increasing rear droop to 4mm,you should test different droop settings to see what you like.I hope this helps.
Excellent answer....why are you waiting for the new yok???? You know this Losi.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #5840
Tech Elite

Thanks agian, when I run Foams I don't use the Losi Droop guage because f dealing with tire wear. I usually start with 2mm up-travel in the front and 1.5 in the rear.....

However my brother just dropped off a set of Tae-off 22 pre-mounts, should I try and start with them, the fast guys are using foams..??? I have tire warmers..

Old 04-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #5841
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Thanks agian, when I run Foams I don't use the Losi Droop guage because f dealing with tire wear. I usually start with 2mm up-travel in the front and 1.5 in the rear.....

However my brother just dropped off a set of Tae-off 22 pre-mounts, should I try and start with them, the fast guys are using foams..??? I have tire warmers..

have fun getting out of the way if the fast guys are using foams and you're running rubbers.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:45 PM   #5842
Tech Elite

then I stick with foams...LOL not a problem!!

Old 04-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #5843
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Whats up STLNLST..I'm going to give this G-plus a chance,This is my 5th xxxs,I dont think I have ever run any of them for more than 2 races.. I guess I'll give this one a chance...It's a really nice one.I think I'm understanding how the xxxs works the more I drive them,The one I have right now really works well on the small track we run most of the time,I'm using your basic set up.I think I need to practice alot more than I do,I run laps faster than the "fast" guy's do..but then I make a few mistakes..practice,practice,practice..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #5844
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Whats up STLNLST..I'm going to give this G-plus a chance,This is my 5th xxxs,I dont think I have ever run any of them for more than 2 races.. I guess I'll give this one a chance...It's a really nice one.I think I'm understanding how the xxxs works the more I drive them,The one I have right now really works well on the small track we run most of the time,I'm using your basic set up.I think I need to practice alot more than I do,I run laps faster than the "fast" guy's do..but then I make a few mistakes..practice,practice,practice..
Practice time with the car is about 85% of the battle. I'm glad that you're giving the car a 2nd look.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #5845
Tech Elite

I sure am glad Iwent back to teh Losi, and even better I went with the G+!!!

Old 04-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #5846
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anybody have a decent setup for swept asphalt and Take Off CS-27s. Thanks.
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:33 PM   #5847
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default Roll Center Blocks

Whats Up Gang,
At the risk of sounding waaayyyy noob, I humbly submit this question so be gentle!!!!
Is it correct that the Low Roll Center blocks are actually the tall blocks and the high roll center blocks are the short ones???
I'm just getting to the point where i want to start screwing with my G+'s suspension and want to make sure i have this important point straight. As always Thanks for any input!!! See you trackside
Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #5848
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

High Roll Center=Losi tall blocks
Mid Front Roll Center=Losi short blocks (plastic ones) or aluminum short block shimmed up .060
Mid Rear Roll Center=any short block shimmed up .060
Low Front Roll Center=any short aluminum block (will need to cut the chassis some)
Low Rear Roll Center=any short block
JeffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #5849
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffC
Low Front Roll Center=any short aluminum block (will need to cut the chassis some)
Low Rear Roll Center=any short block
..also, you can cut the stock blocks by 0.150" if you have the tools, and the time to do so, save yourself the cash that most people drop on the aluminum blocks.

-Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #5850
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef

WOAH, so i did have it backwards!!! Thanks for the help Guys!!!!
Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote