R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #5476
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc
Default Since Most are Talking About Bodies....

Well, since there is a lot of talk about bodies right now I would like to ask a question as well. I run at 2 separate parking lot races. The surfaces are smooth, a little dusty and we do not treat the assphalt with anything. I have switched from my stock stratus to the new alpha body and got to run it 3 days now. The body just does not seem to have the rear downforce needed for my tracks so I am looking for something new. Can someone recomend a style/brand that wont be so aggresive on the steering and have a bit more rear downforce?

I am pretty sure its the body causing the car to have excesive steering and a lack of rear downforce. My brother and I ran the same setup today and he is using the stock stratus, his car felt much more controllable. I even switched to a softer rear spring and more rear tow, it didnt solve the problem completely.

Thanks, Blake.
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:04 PM   #5477
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to racecar850 Send a message via Yahoo to racecar850 Send a message via Skype™ to racecar850
Thumbs up REAR DOWN FORCE

Blakesrc....maybe add some extra down force by increasing the height of your rear spoiler by cutting a piece of acrylic to the inside width of spoiler, drilling holes in the spoiler and making slots in the acrylic this will allow you to add or reduce the amount of down force required
cheaper than a new body

DRIVING...An inconvenient way of getting from A to B
racecar850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:42 AM   #5478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Team R
STLNLST

Have you raced at Speedworld in Roseville much? If so, could I get some info from you.

Team R
Saturday was my first time there this year but the track is like 5-10 min from my house. What do you want to know? I'll be more than happy to let you know what works for me
Old 02-24-2003, 05:44 AM   #5479
Tech Champion

Blake- I'd switch back to the stratus body since your brother let you run his and you seem to like it. If the track flows maybe the stratus is the way to go but if it's some what tight go with the alpha.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:25 AM   #5480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yea it was nice to see STLTNLST back at SWR , becuase of work this was the 1st time in over 2 months that I races at SWR as well! STLNLST ...your car looked pretty good in the main, something went way wrong with my mod car was great in practice but didn't work during heats and main, I think something got tweeked when Scotty sent me sailing during practice. Stock car worked great though, I guess that's one of the problems with running 2 classes this early in the year when not that many racers show up ...can't give the "hurtin unit" your undivided :| oh well had fun anyways!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 AM   #5481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Blake- check out the new startus body from Yokomo if I am not mistaken it was designed for the worlds which was on asphalt.....
Also the Trinity Y-asphalt Stratus works well .

I haven't tried my stratus 2.0 on asphalt yet (winter), but I know it transitions faster than any body I have ran previously and the rear is still planted......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:30 AM   #5482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Parma

Blake, if you get a chance try the Parma X-20. It basically has the same front end bite as the Losi Alpha, but seems to have more overall down force all the way around!
1fastdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:15 AM   #5483
Tech Addict

Default Re: Medium Roll center blocks on G+

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
yes it does.

I don't know if I read this wrong, but I read it as the G+ comes with the meium roll center blocks.... It does not come with the blocks...

The medium roll center blocks are achieved by placing spacers (most commonly .060") under the low roll center blocks... and when in combination with the 0F front pivot block, the setup then achieves 2 degrees of pro-dive.... roughly....

As for the spring questions, the Tinity Congo Blues were originally supposed to be in the neighborhood of 30 lbs.... and the newest ones were coming in a little bit beneath that... and the Losi Whites now are at the 30 lb range... so a little bit stiffer than the trinity variety.... I used this springs this weekend on my stock car with VERY good results.... but I stuck with the Losi Black springs for the mod car (though I wished I had gone to whites up front now)...

And on a completely different note - the Associated B4 looked VERY good on the track - got to watch three of em going to battle with Losi's best this weekend! Losi's 1-2, B4's 3-4

regards,
Wilde
Old 02-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #5484
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Blakesrc

STLNLST,

What body have you been running at SWR? I like the way the losi stratus drove, very smooth and easy but I have given mine to my brother and really didnt care for it in the looks dept. Would the yokomo or proto stratus be a good choice?

Blake
Blakesrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #5485
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

BlakesRC-I too have to vouch for how good the Parma X20 is. try it-it looks killer and is very planted feeling. I run it on both my XXXS G+ and my TC3 and it works great.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #5486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Medium Roll center blocks on G+

Quote:
Originally posted by tufferwilde
I don't know if I read this wrong, but I read it as the G+ comes with the meium roll center blocks.... It does not come with the blocks...
My G+ came with high roll center blocks and a medium front roll center and a rear low roll center...

ChristopherKee
Old 02-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #5487
Tech Addict

ChristopherKee -

You are mistaken - the G+ kit comes with the High roll center parts in Graphite and the low roll center blocks in plastic - Losi doesn't offer the mid roll center part.

Unless you have access to some new trick Losi parts or the car came built with the shims under the blocks, then you have one set of blocks for normal RC and one set 0.150" shorter than the first

out -wilde
Old 02-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #5488
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Blakesrc
STLNLST,

What body have you been running at SWR? I like the way the losi stratus drove, very smooth and easy but I have given mine to my brother and really didnt care for it in the looks dept. Would the yokomo or proto stratus be a good choice?

Blake
I have basically stuck with the stratus body out at speedworld but I have tested a few different versions of it. This past weekend I ran the Trinity reference stratus and it felt pretty good. It had more steering than the regular protoform stratus. The stratus no matter which company it's from is a good body....now that Losi stratusfear body that came with the old kit was only a two door body so I never even painted it. It's still sitting on my shelf collecting dust. It was pretty ugly to boot.

Harsh- the car was pretty good all day. It just took some getting use to asphalt again after running on the rug for about 5 months I kept telling you that there wasn't any traction because I was use to foams on carpet and anything else didn't hold water. thanks for the kind words and I'll see you on the track again soon.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:11 PM   #5489
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Tuff....The front low roll center blocks included in the G+ kit is really a Mid front roll center block.....Losi does not offer a true front low roll center blocks like the MF blocks do.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:14 PM   #5490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
...thanks for the kind words
Stlnlst ....it's part of the new and improved Harshguy 2003 LOL!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote