R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #5401
Gus
Tech Initiate

Default G+ chassis

Neo heres a pic of the G+ chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg losa0251-chassis-450.jpeg (30.2 KB, 193 views)
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:01 PM   #5402
Gus
Tech Initiate

Default G+ chassis

And this is the older version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg losa9918-250.jpeg (7.5 KB, 160 views)
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:03 PM   #5403
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone that hasn't broken a shock shaft consider yourself VERY LUCKY. Hard hit or soft hit they break. I have broken four shafts with no damage tp the body or the arms. It's a big pain in the booty when this happens too. I went back to the stock short shock shafts. If I break one of those then I'll look at the new bumper thingy.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:03 PM   #5404
Tech Regular

Oh i see, thanks. G+ chassis are hard to get. Any news when the G+ Graphite Conversion would come out? I doubt there would be one.
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:39 PM   #5405
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Anyone that hasn't broken a shock shaft consider yourself VERY LUCKY. Hard hit or soft hit they break. I have broken four shafts with no damage tp the body or the arms. It's a big pain in the booty when this happens too. I went back to the stock short shock shafts. If I break one of those then I'll look at the new bumper thingy.
I've taken a couple hard hits. Broke the shock eyelet on both my cars about 2 weeks ago, both the GP+ and graphite conversion. Both shafts held fine..

Same exact spot on the track, almost the same exact parts too. Hit #1 was foam, hit #2 was rubber.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:54 PM   #5406
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Leon

Thanks everyone for replying to my heatsink question. My reason for wanting one is cause I want to run my practice packs closer together. Hoping that piece would keep it a bit cooler so I can run them closer together. I'm working on getting a fan working as well. I just need more practice and I don't really want to wait that long between packs.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 09:50 PM   #5407
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TSR6- I don't know how you haven't I have seen a couple of other people have the same problem but for it to happen to me as many times as it has is frustrating. If the worse is behind me then let's party If not.....look for me in the lower mains
Old 02-18-2003, 10:31 PM   #5408
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I am considering to buy the G+. I would be mainly running the car on carpet and would be using rubber tires (Sorex 20Rs work well on the local track). Would the box stock setup run well? I am not really an experienced setup tuner, that's why I would prefer a car that would run well in the box stock settings. Thank you.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #5409
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

STLNLST - maybe I was lucky? Knock on wood... I don't think shock shafts are prone to breaking around here though. I hear it online fairly often, but I don't think I've seen, or heard about it at the track. This reminds me of the original x-s, when people were breaking rear arms & hubs. It was news to me!

Kenneth Tan - The box setup works fine from what I've heard, I haven't used it though. I just went ahead and used Paul's carpet nats setup from the Losi website. I changed springs to silver all around, moved the front arms to the forward position, front swaybar, and ran the "offset" rear end parts.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:38 AM   #5410
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Looks like the chassis questions have been answered. As of late, all the chassis's we have gotten in have been the new style that come with the G+ kits.

I don't think you will see a G+ Conversion kit. However, as the old pieces are phased out I am willing to bet that you will see the new pieces like the chassis, arms, and rear shock tower be phased in.

Kenneth, I am sure the kit setup would work. If you look at Todd's setup on the Losi site for the Novak race in 2002 that will work also. The G+ comes with the new off-set hubs but you should still be ok. The manual that comes with the car has very good text about changing this does that.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 AM   #5411
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Kraig

I don't think you will see a G+ Conversion kit. However, as the old pieces are phased out I am willing to bet that you will see the new pieces like the chassis, arms, and rear shock tower be phased in.
I got a graphite conversion at chrismas and it had the new rear shock tower and some features of the new chassis (raised battery retaining parts)
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:24 PM   #5412
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Really good stock foam setup for Graphite +:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foam - 2-16-03.jpg (99.0 KB, 138 views)
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #5413
Tech Regular

when i was on the new losi site for the graphite plus car i noticed there is a new belt does anyone know the difference between the blue and the new yellow belt
melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #5414
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Yellow belt is more flexible and stronger at the same time...thus...drivetrain more free.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:07 PM   #5415
Tech Regular

I just purchased the yellow belt. Even though i like the color blue of the old blue belt i think the yellow is better. i can feel the difference and see the difference when racing on the track! NICE BELT! GOOD JOB TEAM LOSI! They should make like a variety of belts for performance and drivers's choice!
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote