R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2003, 10:39 PM   #5236
Company Representative

On the new Gp set-up sheet on the castor settings it has anti-dive, kick-up and castor. Sorry for being dense, but I understand all of this except for the anti-dive and how they are achieving it. I don't have the GP, but mine should still be able to be adjusted this way. Also what are they talking about with the different ackerman position? Flipped? Thanks

Gary
Gary Fliegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:50 PM   #5237
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Ackerman would be with the new chassis only. Normal holes ( stock ) or "flipped" ...the new holes.

anti-dive ( anti-squat ) is the rear pin angle. Just change pin carriers to change this.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #5238
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

Gary - Actually, Anti-dive for the front suspension is if you have the opposite of kickup in the front arms. When you use the new GP low roll center blocks, they are actually the height of mid rollcenter. So for example if you use the new low roll center block up front, and the 0F pivot support, your arms will be tilted down instead of kicked up.

And I'll add another thing about the steering bell cranks. As TSR6 said, there are two sets of holes to put the belcranks in on the new chassis. "Flipped" actually means that they have taken the belcranks, and flipped them upside down and turned them around 180 degrees so that the shorter arms now face forward.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #5239
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have one of the newer graphite chassis and it DOES have the different ackerman (for the stearing posts) settings.I had a g-plus and the only difference I could tell between the two chassis was the new G plus has a little more milling done to it,as far as driving went I could not tell a difference.Hey STLNLST you have a good asphalt set up for me?
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:16 AM   #5240
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
I have one of the newer graphite chassis and it DOES have the different ackerman (for the stearing posts) settings.I had a g-plus and the only difference I could tell between the two chassis was the new G plus has a little more milling done to it,as far as driving went I could not tell a difference.Hey STLNLST you have a good asphalt set up for me?
email me at stlnlst@rcracing.com and I'll send you one. It's probably what I'm going to start out with when I come up your way at the end of this month. Thanks again for all of the conversation so far and we'll finally be able to put a face to these weird screen names we have...lol Just don't be scared of a big
6-8 guy in your face
Old 02-08-2003, 06:26 AM   #5241
Company Representative

Thanks, thats what i thought, I just wanted to get some confirmation on it. TTYL.

Gary
Gary Fliegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 01:50 PM   #5242
Tech Regular

what setup should i use in an all graphite xxx-s? I havent bought it yet, and i only have an Explorer 2, and a P2k2, and only ONE battery (2500, besides my 2 1500 packs)

I tried racing with my rally, and it didnt turn out so well ,as one battery is hard to run in all the races and qualifiers. Do you reccomend a Pro Match 3000 HV battery?

I will only have about 30 dollars left when i buy the xxx-s, so i probably cant afford any accessories yet besides a body.
KevanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #5243
Tech Regular

Does anyone knows if i can buy the new G+ bumper mount that holds down the foam bumper? I have the original LOsi xxx-s and I'm wondering if the new upgraded bumper part would be able to be installed on the original losi THank
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #5244
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Yes you can buy it, it is part number A-4238. If you can't find it locally we, KT Hobbies have it in stock. I just haven't had a chance to get it up on the website yet. Sorry about that.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 03:35 PM   #5245
Tech Regular

I know you can buy it but not sure if it would fit on my regular LOsi xxx-s. Thanks Kraig. HEy kraig, will your aluminum bottom chassis cover do anything for performance on my losi?
Old 02-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #5246
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO

how strong is the xxx-s G+, is it more easy to break the parts coz its graphite?
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #5247
Tech Regular

I'm not sure on that but all I know is that it should be lighter for performance
Old 02-08-2003, 04:52 PM   #5248
Tech Regular

The standard and graphite Losis are very strong. The graphite components are stiffer and in some types of crashes may break instead of flexing. I've found that if you crash hard enough to break a graphite part then the same crash would have broken a stiffezell part, so durability wise there's not much in it.

We're nearly the same age, but i'm 14 days older than you
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #5249
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisB

haha yeah, i see u play bass aswell!

how long u been racin?
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #5250
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisB
The standard and graphite Losis are very strong. The graphite components are stiffer and in some types of crashes may break instead of flexing. I've found that if you crash hard enough to break a graphite part then the same crash would have broken a stiffezell part, so durability wise there's not much in it.

Agreed. I have broken parts with light brushes, and not broken both types of parts with crazy board slamming.

Bottom Belt Cover - It's something that makes your car stand out. It doesnt make the car perform any better, but I have had marshalls comment on it after flipping me over.

-Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote