Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I assembled my shocks differently. I took my needle nose and held onto the shock shaft where the piston is between the e-clips. I then removed that hard plastic front bumper piece. I am not going to jinx myself but everything held up nicely.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Is it possible to make my xxx-s drivetrain as free as a tc3 driverain. I removed all the shields in the gears, spur gear, and the belt tensioner thing. I removed the inside shields from the hubs, but it still won't keep spinning with the wheels off the ground like a tc3
Old 02-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Run the belt a little on the loose side. That made mine alittle better. I would only do it in stock with the yellow belt though.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

David I had it loose just to see if it would spin like Steve Eaves but it still wasn't even close to his tc3
Old 02-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TulsaRC
Is it possible to make my xxx-s drivetrain as free as a tc3 driverain. I removed all the shields in the gears, spur gear, and the belt tensioner thing. I removed the inside shields from the hubs, but it still won't keep spinning with the wheels off the ground like a tc3
they are two different cars and you will never be able to get one like the other. It takes some work to get the TC3 really free. With the things you've already done your Losi should be pretty free.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

TulsaRC,

I gotta go with STLNLST-You did what I did to my Losi and its very free for a belt car!!! Dont worry about it too much. my TC3 is extremely free and I wouldnt dream of my Losi being that free!!

if I did get it that free..... I think I'd have to keep that a secret!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking free,!!!!

Originally posted by rayhuang
TulsaRC,

I gotta go with STLNLST-You did what I did to my Losi and its very free for a belt car!!! Dont worry about it too much. my TC3 is extremely free and I wouldnt dream of my Losi being that free!!

if I did get it that free..... I think I'd have to keep that a secret!!!
yes I did get my losi about a click off the tc3 as far as drive line....and with a blue belt too .,.,alot of work though and always running in the top 3....
Old 02-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anybody know where I can get the new a-arms , new offset hubs and the yellow belt? Everywhere I look all the hobby stores are out of all of them parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Those are the same spare parts that didn't even make it into the order sent to NZ.
Not good.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

for some reason it seems that horizon has been lacking on the losi parts all around. It's not just the newer parts for the graphite plus. Hopefully they'll get it under control before people switch cars or something. I have three hobby shops at my disposal and all three have the same problem. Message to the big shots at Losi....GET HORIZON ON THE BALL!!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Gear ratios

Can anyone help solve an argument please?
In a discussion with a guy at our club recently gear ratios came up not unsurprising I know but he maintained that with the different sizes of spur gear available its possible to get the same overall ratio using different pinion / spur combinations. No argument there simple math will tell you that however, he went on to say that when running a stock motor you will get better performance using the combination with the larger spur gear to achieve the same ratio! I maintain that it makes no difference if you are running 5.7:1 it doesn't matter how you get there the overall ration is the same.
Who is right????
Old 02-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bosscat- technically a gear ratio is a gear ratio...... however....... From experience a larger spur is easier for the motor to turn over, there are also a few other handling effects that an be changed with the associated motor shift that come into play.... Nascar crews will build the chassis and mount the engine a few inches for/aft/side as far as the rules allow to add to the desired handling of the car.... in our cars which alot less, yet the motor is a much greater weight when working wth the chassis this effect can make a bigger difference, and we can "shift" the motor by upwards or 8-12mm in some chassis which would be like moving a nascar engine an entire foot!!!! Just some food for thought!!!

Basically a physics instructor will tell you that gears are gears as long as the ratio is the same....... However the same physics instructor will tell you that a bigger lever or wheel will allow you to use less torque to transfer the power....LOL
Old 02-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey all

Got the car now just need a little help.

Can someone post the web address for the losi site that tells you how to adjust ride height, droop and tweak. from the losi site for the xxxs i cant seem to find it..

Thanks All..

Ryan
Old 02-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.teamlosi.com/xxxs_page/xxxs_droop.htm
Old 02-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

bosscat- I had the same topic come up at my track and my view on it is this.....the bigger spur gear should give me more punch out of the corners and get up to speed quicker while the smaller spur may allow me to roll the throtle more (less punch) in the corners but should seem to have more of it's accelleration on the top end.

Does anyone else have any input on this topic to share?? I'm eager to hear different point of views.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.