Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I noticed that even though the rim does hit the retainer, it barely does and if you just take some steering throw out and just add more steering to your car somewhere else you'll be ok. What you could do is shorten the throw just enough so that the rim doesn't hit, and then just sauce more of the tire to gain back the steering.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default NTC3 Castor clips

Anyone have a part # for the NTC3 castor clips. Sounds like a great idea.

KTHobbies - is this a part you could get?

By the way - thanks to those of you who turned me on to Kraig. Awesome service - great prices - what more can I say..........
Old 01-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Finally got my car today, I slept past the courier delivering it(out til 3.30am the night before)

Glad I read this thread, I was prepared for the shock collars and the various other little idiosyncracies the kit has.
I did unfortunately have to build it with some of the kit tools as my RPM wheel/shocknut wrench and one other didn't make it into the order.

My hands and arms are sore from threading graphite parts for the past 8 hours or so.

Coming from a Yokomo SP, I must say it's not the nicest car to build-I do put a lot of that down to not having the right tools(there's so many of them). One 2mm allen wrench for the Yokomo and you're away.

However...
The transmission is superb and impressed me, for a freshly built car it's soooo smooth.

I'm picking up some new mod motors tomorrow and can't wait to try the car out, hopefully Sunday if it's fine
Old 01-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by STLNLST
how easy is it to change the clips? I'm already going to get some but I just thought I'd ask
the clips are very easy for a quick change of the arms front to back if needed , in stead of taking it apart to do this!

here is a picture of the clips im speaking of
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-clips-002.jpg  
Old 01-31-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Caster clips

Just fyi-the clips can be a bear to pull out sometimes-so try this. Put in your toolbox a paper clip and bend a u into the end of it. Hook the U onto the clip and pull them off. It sounds stupid, but after you flatten one clip repeatedly with needle nose pulling them out-this little trick really helps!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

OK -

Since we are all talking about the G+.... how about the crappy Front shock shafts included in the car? How many others out there have broken the shafts?? Thus far, I have broken one each week... but I am hesitant to put another batch of Ti Nitride shafts on the car if this is a running issue with the latest shafts...

I also recently read on TT that the shafts were having this issue somewhat due to the new upper bumper mount hitting the shock... but... The last shaft I broke broke just as the other did at the top thread of the shaft... the bumper didn't take the hit... the left front did - in fact I ripped it off! But just the same - in similar crashes, I haven't broken shafts on my asphalt car (identically equipped XXX-S - not G+)

I am going to put the UGLY BRP bumper on the car this week in an effort to save the time and hassle of building the shocks, measuring, etc!

OUT -
Wilde
Old 01-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Stumper 1, they are on the order list.

Tufferwilde, I also read that they were putting the original shock shafts on the car and not having that problem anymore.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

tufferwilde, are you saying you're breaking front shock shafts without breaking arms, spindles, etc..?
Old 01-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Kraig - that's what I had heard as well... too bad I picked up another set of Ti Ni shafts yesterday! Oh well - its only $14

Proudwinner - the first time the shaft broke... yes, nothing else broke... not even a scuff on the new body - but this wasn't the case for the last one - I managed to tear the left front clean off of the car.... 9 dub through a chicane a little tight will do that I guess, so that one was deserving!!

Later

Wilde
Old 01-31-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Many people have broken the shock shafts and nothing else. Once we removed the upper bumper (sits on top of the foam) the problem stopped happing. We also went back to the regular .28 shock shafts.

Mark
Old 01-31-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Me-I did it!!! Head-on hit, didnt hit a wheel. I think the top of the bumper smacked the shock. Add on top of that a possibly too hardened shock shaft or possible poorly machined shock shaft and "snap".
Old 01-31-2003, 02:09 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Interestingly enough, I recently bought a XXXT Matt Francis truck, and I had a problem with a front shock shaft as well. It was machined out of tolerance, and had to be replaced the first time out with the truck. I replaced it with an older ti nitrade shaft and have had no problems since.

Somebody needs to give Losi's quality control department a kick in the pants.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmm...that's interesting...I've had some pretty darn hard hits w/ a 9 turn on a tight course...no snapped shock shafts. I've tore both front arms off the car but nothing else broke. LOL, both times i snapped the arm i barely touched the pipe on the inside of a sweeper...interesting that it looked like i slammed a brick wall....

Simon K,
You didn't use a 4-40 tap or at least that little tapping screw they provided?? Doh! That's probably why it took you 8 hours to build, mine took like 5.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I went through two shafts in two laps. I 'll replace them with the stock one's if I should happen to break another one. No broken arm or any other part. The shaft broke right above the threads.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Regional Moderator

to the top for losi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.