Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 01-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I forgot ...

REAR Diff is with 41 tooth pulley too (like front) !

I race on asphalt track outdoors.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I am getting my Graphite Plus car this evening, so look for an "official" R/C Tech review up on the main site soon. Better late than never, eh?
Old 01-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by senna

How will the rear diff. effect handling going into corners?
I would start off by tightening your rear diff, if it's too loose, this can cause your car to lose traction has it enters a turn. If that doesn't work try less antisquat in the rear. Those are the two things that I think have a major effect on a car being loose on entry.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Senna, what type of motor are running? I found with some motors that they have such a powerful magnet in them that I have to just roll off the throttle with a one-way. Otherwise I have the same problem as you do.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Kraig ...

In our local championship we use the Corally Street Racer 21 turn STOCK motor. Our final overall gear ratio is usually around 4.50! We have a huge asphalt track outdoors.

I tried almost every combination of setup ... however now that I think about it ... I never adjusted the rear diff. It was always a bit loose.

I also spoke to Matt Francis and like guy (TeamRoy) on this thread, suggested that a tighter rear diff. can help. I will try to tighten a bit my rear diff. next time I go to the track hoping I solve this problem.

Apart from this problem ... the LOSI is great! We have quite a good selection of cars in Malta, TC3 Factory Team, Yokomo, X-Ray, etc. and I still manage to make some of the best lap times ... although I feel that I can still improve!

Thanks guys for your support!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Senna - you didn't list what roll center blocks you are running. You've listed 2 deg castor blocks and the 0F pivot block for 0 deg of kickup? About the diff, I wouldn't suggest making it much tighter or you'll end up magnifying the problem. Do it in small steps. A looser diff allows you to corner faster. But you have to make sure that your chassis' weight transfer is right first.

After looking at your setup, I still think you should move your rear arms all the way forward. I think you'd be surprised at how much that one little adjustment changes your car's handling. Move your front camber link in to the #2 hole. Try 60wt oil in the front and 40wt in the back. I'd also consider increasing your castor on an outdoor track.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Dave ...

I use the Trinity (red) high roll centre blocks (front / rear) ... like the standard plastic ones (I think).

As regarding my rear diff, if I keep both diff. halves firm I can still turn the pulley with my thumb (with bit difficulty). Do you think it is loose?

I will try to make the adjustments you mentioned too and see the results.

Thanks again man!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Senna - with a properly built diff, you can run it quite loose without being able to turn the center pulley. I guess it depends how hard you are cranking on it. Remeber that a newly built diff can slip a bit till you break it in some. Just set it so that you can't really turn the center pulley while holding the outdrives.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Senna,
Where do you run the battery pack? Forward or back?
Old 01-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to publically thank Kraig from KT Hobbies for his help at the Novak TC Champs. He "loaned" me some Losi rear hubs and dynoed a couple of motors for me that he neither built nor sold. Thanks again and "Buy from KT!"
Old 01-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Has anybody noticed all these posts about XXX-S versus every other car out there?? Let them compare, we know what we have!!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

back to page 1
Old 01-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Has anybody noticed all these posts about XXX-S versus every other car out there?? Let them compare, we know what we have!!
mmmmm.......

well I don't cause I still haven't had the chance to race mine against anyone yet (GP) .... 900 kms return is just slightly too far for tuesday night racing.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

does the g+ version come with the spool , what are the part numbers or is that an after market option .
Old 01-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the Graphite Plus comes with everything to build 2 diffs, but it also comes with stuff to build 1 of the diffs as a spool. So out of the box, you can have 2 diffs or 1 spool/1 diff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.