R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2003, 07:02 PM   #4876
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

maxboost - in addition to the advice of John S, check to make sure that you aren't overtightening your wheelnuts. Some people have reported that this was their problem. Also, the clicking could be in your drivebelt. If you run a spool or regular front diff, or run the belt really loose, it can cause the belt to make a clicking sound.

Mr Losi - Whassup? Yeah, I'be been running that same set of tires since we visited your track. They've only got about 35 runs on them...LOL. I've got a pretty good setup with the tires now but that's on our track. Plus I haven't been able to run the setup in modified yet. So I guess we'll see how it works when we get there. I'm looking forward to this weekend and hangin with the sconnies. email me at dkurschner@mn.rr.com, I'd like to see what you've been doing for setup as of late. We'll talk to you soon.

IMPACTPLAYR - No problem
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #4877
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Something that alot of us here in Kansas have done is to take a dremel with a barrel shaped grinder and took a small amount of material out of the steering blocks at the top and the bottom where the lower caster block screw and the upper camber ballstud screws in. If you take the front wheels and turn them full throw, then take the top of the caster block and push it to the rear of the car, then turn the tires you will feel the pins slightly hitting. Take the steering blocks off the car, install the bearings, then install the cvds and as you turn them push in all directions to check for binding. It doesnt take much material removal to get the clearance needed. I dont think that the problem is a material or workmanship problem, it is a bearing tolerance problem. You will notice it more when your bearings get worn than when they are new. Give it a try.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:22 PM   #4878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Doug, can I get your Enid setup from you?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:02 PM   #4879
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I got my new parts in:

1) Protoform Stratus Body (older style, was only 13 bucks new)
2) new yellow belt
3) parts to rebuild diff (other than carbide diff balls, 11 dollars, ouch)

I also got some more tuning aids and other goodies. I am still waiting for the low roll centers (losi stock). What will I experience when I add this to my car?

Also, what will I experience when I add the new belt as well? I run in a 19 turn spec class.

Finally, anyone know how much more steering will be generated by my new body instead of my old HPI Alpha romeo?
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #4880
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy

Hey all, what's the difference between a CVD and a dogbone? I want to upgrade the things that go from the outdrives to the hub... I know Losi makes them in aluminum, but are they CVD's or Dogbones? I'm confused.

Thanks,
Jits
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #4881
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan

The entire drive axle is often called a CVD. The part from the oudrive to the CVD joint can be purchased separately and is often called a dogbone or bone. Dogbones on some kits have two ends that look alike. CVD's have a flexible lower friction joint on the wheel side. Personally I don't think they should be called CVD or Contstant Velocity Drives because they are not. That is why the Losi front wheels vibrate on the stand at full lock.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 01-08-2003 at 08:51 AM.
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #4882
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

dave, i will e-mail you when i get home..
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:29 PM   #4883
Tech Master

Sure David!! Let me get it scanned and I will email it to you. I will send you the last one I ran in mod there. All it needs for stock is to install the 1/2 deg blocks on reversed.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:33 PM   #4884
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Heck David, I ride with the guy to the races and I don't get THE Enid setup...lol Come ON Doug help a Brother out! LOL

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:11 PM   #4885
Tech Master

Keep in mind David, somebody did not attend the last Bragging Rights race or they would have it!
Last time I took him to a race he tried to cut his hand off on practice day and ended up at the ER for an hour to sew it back on. Sorry "Blade" I couldnt resist!
Old 01-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #4886
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

What Really stunk about that weekend was the darn VA not treating me first...damn almost bled to death with my one inch cut...lol

Last edited by Jeff Werner; 01-07-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #4887
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Thanks Dave for the insite and setup assistance! You are an asset to the Losi team for sure!! Good luck this weekend.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:21 AM   #4888
Tech Regular

I have not run my GP yet as racing hasn't started here yet, but I am trying to find a setup sheet for foams on carpet that will be a good base setup that I have all the parts for, don't need to make modifications, and understand fully.

The Spashett Cleveland setup seems to satisfy most of these criteria, with the exception that someone said the Matt Francis low roll centre blocks are different to the Losi Low roll centre blocks, so the rear of the car (and possibly the front) would be slightly different) Also, since it is a XXX-S setup, would the front shocks be a different length to mine ? Does it matter ? I mean you've got droop screws right ?

Lemieux setup requires an extra hole to be drilled on the arm, don't particularly trust myself to do that, and it doesn't give too much detail.

Andrew Gray setup for Octoberfast seems feasible. Again, a question of shock length and why the need for limiters with droop screws ? Also does drilled mean 1 hole drilled out to the next size ?
sleek the elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:23 AM   #4889
Tech Regular

also, are there any online shops that have plaids purples cyans and magentas all in stock ?
sleek the elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:27 AM   #4890
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Sleek the elite,

We use the shock limiters because the bumpers flex to much.

Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote