R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #4831
Tech Initiate

Hey i beleive it says is there some one to show you.
i got to ask you first before i get shown

Think i got it sussed but, do you leave the wheel on the opposite side that are setting?
or say if your doing rear do ya leave front tyres on, and vice versa??

Ryan
Ryan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:36 AM   #4832
Tech Apprentice

Default Question about the new offset hubs

Hi guys, can you tell us some things about the new rear offset hubs... What can you gain from these?? do you take more steering or better handling??? Can you give me some informations??
Thank you.
Harris
harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:41 AM   #4833
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

harris - the new rear hubs tend to free the back end of the car up a bit especially on lower speed tighter corners. They work well on both foam and rubber tires from my experience. Sometimes, the Losi XXX-s car with the older style hubs wanted to drift out wide when you are accelerating out of a corner. The new O/S hubs also seems to reduce this as well. They are however still an option as the original hubs still work well and may better suit certain setup or traction situations.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:45 AM   #4834
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Dave, if i have understand correctly you are talking when we put the hubs in the inside hole??? correct??
harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:01 AM   #4835
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

harris - yes, the new offset hubs (that come with the G+ kit) go in the inner hole. The original standard offset hubs would go in the outer hole. The outside hole is not designed to be used with the Offset hubs.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #4836
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Default XXX-S Ball Cups

Greetings All,
Just finished me XXX-X G+ and I'm wondering will the ball cups loosen up and brek in? The ball cups on my steering linkages seem tight, not to the point of binding but they feel like they are going to make my steering servo a bit hard. Can I count on these things loosening up in time??? I know about dry lubing them but that graphite stuff can be a mess. Input is much appreciated
Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #4837
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My cups haven't broke in yet after a few weeks. They are a little tight but I'm not to worried. I have a KO-2123 so the torque is more than enough to compensate.

I wouldn't sweat it to much unless you are using a standard servo like a Futaba S3003. The snug fit keeps the slop away
Old 01-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #4838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Take a pair of pliers and give them a pinch that should lossen them up a little. Pinch them when they are snaped over the ball.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #4839
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef

Cool, THX Guys. I got a KO 2143 should be able to handle it, just struck me kinda odd once i finished the car. Thanks for the replies!!!
Kevin
hicheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 06:15 PM   #4840
Tech Addict

Pinching the balljoints works a treat.
Have done it on all my cars over the past few years, the Predator T1 due to it's rose jointed suspension benefitted the most.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #4841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Ran my losi for the first time last night and I must say I am very impressed with the car. Tons of top end and lots of corner speed. The car is very close to the edge though. In sweepers you can see the car lifting onto two wheels but it doesn't just roll right onto its top. I put a front swaybar on and this seemed to help it a bit. Overall the car will do anything my TC3 would do, but without all the noise.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #4842
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Any of you guys having any problems with your batterys coming out in collisions?I am running the graphite plus,I am using side by side packs(not stick)It happened twice yesterday,I have never had that happen before...WTF?(I race with a bunch of hacks!)
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:42 PM   #4843
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Any of you guys having any problems with your batterys coming out in collisions?I am running the graphite plus,I am using side by side packs(not stick)It happened twice yesterday,I have never had that happen before...WTF?(I race with a bunch of hacks!)
Some of the hits I saw yesterday would really test batteries staying in no matter what car it was. Hopefully this won't happen to you next weekend during the big race.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #4844
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Darn sway bar mount!!!

had a pretty good day today with my XXXS runnig carpet and foam tires in 19 turn. Smoooth is the word for the car-though it wasn't carrying the corner speed in the biggish 180's on our present layout. They are the type where you do one lift going in and power through, but my Losi was pushing on-power so I was losing time through that section. But it was a rocket out of the hole and on top end. The new yellow belt makes a huge difference!!! and Todd is right-its fast out of the box-no break in required.

But-in the main, car picked up a snap oversteer in some corners and got real inconsistent. It was fast one lap and a pile the next. Well, I dont remeber doing it, but I must have popped a board hard at some point because my front sway bar came off and was hangin from one mount on the left arm only. I think it was getting lodged in the right spring and keeping the suspension from working in left hand turns on some laps!! Oh-well!!!

Boy-this car loves a front sway bar and softer springs!!!

But-all in all, the car was whisper quiet and quick and fast-now if I can just get the sway bar to stay in!!!!! by far the best its been so far!!! Still a tick behind my TC3 in ultimate performance, but so smooothhH!!! Its getting there!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:42 PM   #4845
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I ran my XXXS Grapite plus yesturday for the 3rd time. It has been great fromt he 1st day but the last two weekends it has been awesome. The 1st week it was really good and as fast as my best car (Yoke SP). The next two weeks it has been about 2 to 4 tenths a lap faster. I TQ'ed all 3 weeks and won the last two. My buddy beat me the 1st week with his XXXS. HE now has been 2nd to me the last two weeks. We are the only two running the Losi. We have alot of TC3's (great car still) and now a bunch of guys have been showing up with Xrays (not impressed at this time).

Me and my buddy really have the Losi's flying and have alot of people checking them out. We are alot faster than all but one or two guys that are close but are still 2 to 3 tenths off us. Great car and easy to setup. Took me less time to be ballistic than any other car I have had.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote