Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

dang, with all them hopups included i sure feel ripped off from losi by buying their original XXX-S kit last winter... then again steve cut me a 50% off deal at hobby hoarse.. teheheh : ) but either way i just wish i could have gotten the new shocks... i hate the stockers. and now the kit comes with <i>useful<i/> tires?! jeez... feelin like i was taken for, gentlemen!!!

-->CHRIS
Old 11-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yep and I'm pissed HDTV didn't come out 3 years ago when I purchased my big screen... and Pissed they waited till 03 to release a 390HP Cobra and I'm stuck with the 320... I hate when companies wait for me to buy something and then just come out with a better one. I'm tired of being ripped off... F-It... I'm sticking with the street weapon if this is how they are going to be...

(sarcasm)
Old 11-23-2002, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

they also include low and high rollcenter blocks. The original kit only included high rollcenter blocks.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

My Graphite conversion kit arrived today, it's a christmas present so I can't put it on for another month but I had a quick look at it before it was hidden away and it had the new rear shock tower but I don't know if there were any other changes.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I went ahead and bought the original graphite conversion kit from my local hobby shop. he gave me a good deal considering he is selling the kits for the listed price and it was on par what I would bought one on ebay for. He also countersunk some battery braces on the chassis for me (we run stick packs) so my batteries won't fly out.

I got a question on the TC3 Hex Adapters, when I purchase them, will all of them fit? (ie- front and rear). Does Associated make graphite ones? What aluminum ones fit that are made for the TC3?

Oh, one more thing, when setting your ride height and droop, ,which should you do first? Seems I should set my right height first them my droop, when doing this I can tell though I will definitely need short front shocks, anywhere have a good deal on them?

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TC3 Hex Adaptors will fit the front and back of the Losi and bring it closer to 190 mm maximum width when you use the narrow 24 mm wheels. The TC3 hexes look to be the same material as the Losi part. The plastic part is lighter than aluminum and holds up very well. I would use plastic.

The droop and ride height settings don't interfere with each other on the Losi, so the order of setting the two does not matter much. This assumes that you have some droop, or that the when you lift the chassis the tires lag behind on the surface a bit.

Set Droop, Ride Height, Then tweak. If you have to move the shock collars a lot to set the ride height then recheck the droop as it could shift due to the soft plastic used in the stops.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-23-2002 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

cain, yokomo make some very nice hexes for the tc3. there the alloy clamp ones.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I am the new guy in town!!!!!
Old 11-24-2002, 03:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

neone know how light the graphite edition is?
Old 11-24-2002, 04:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi everyone ...

I bought the normal stock model of the XXX-S, the graphite conversion kit and all the useful red hop ups and the car is about 1.490 kgs (ready with all electrics, body, etc.)

In Malta, we have a minimum weight regulation of 1.500 kgs, so I do not see the point of making it lighter!

I am still using the standard blue belt though ... does anyone know how can I get hold of the new yellow belt?
Old 11-24-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by taybelZ
neone know how light the graphite edition is?
I've read that the Graphite Kit is one ounce lighter than stock. The Graphite GP also comes with titanium turnbuckles, and aluminum CVD's (versus steel in the stock kit.)

I've been a little disappointed with Losi's releasing of information about this new kit. Concrete details have been hard to come by, and the only "good" information I've found is in postings from Losi racers - not the company's website.

Rob
Old 11-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What bugs me about losi team kits is that some of the parts you cant get separatly. Dont know if this is the case with the new graphite kit though.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:07 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default GP part numbers ?

What are the part numbers for the GP reinforced front C hubs?
Old 11-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey Guys.

Did some racing today we had about 20 people there for the 2 classes we run so all in all good racing. The new graphite kit really made the car feel great. I just have some setup issues I need help with.

I currently run on carpet and here is my settings:

1) plaids up front and purples in the rear
2) o degree block in the rear
3) 0 degree kickup up front
4) 4 degree castor blocks up front
5) shocks mounted farthest hole from chassis center front and rear
6) front camber link 3rd hole from center
7) rear camber link 3rd hole from center
8) 80 weight oil up front, ,silver springs
9) 30 weight oil in the rear, black springs
10) droop and ride height about 4mm (need the new bumper)
11) hpi Alpha Romeo Body

Ok, I know the springs and weights are weird, this was done to correct some issues when starting out and haven't had the chance to tear the car down as far the shocks. I run a softer front since the Romeo doesn't give much steering . Please recommend a good all around setup and a body to go with.

Right now I like it when the car has alittle drift in the rear since before the rear was grabbing too hard and it would flip or fight the steering and not transition properly.

All in all I like how the car feels but I want to run a setup closer to something considered normal. Also, the Romeo body isn't giving me as much steering as I would like.

Finally, at my track we run 19 Turn modified spec motors but it seems some guys motors just out pull you . We don't have strict rules on spring and brush combinations, what combinations will give me more raw torque from the motor than the stock Chameleon setting? I however want to keep using the trinity touring brushes.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:18 PM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Robitronic's 1 belt car

Robitronic the well known dyno maker developed a new car.
The drivetrain is very much like our XXX-S has.

OK, it's copycat or a Losi mixed up wiht an Xray ....
But it has one very interesting part: a roller. It's something like a belt guide in the bottom of the car. It can prevent the belt to vibrate and drag on the bottom.

Something like that could help the XXX-S too. My car is about a year old, and I can see visible marks of the belt dragging on the chassis bottom cover.

For testing porpuses I have removed that cover, and run without it. Let"s say, I think to feel some increase in speed.

And you?

Last edited by ttr; 11-24-2002 at 03:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.