Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

the one way is heavier than the standard diff.
All of the bearings will be light, relatively the same weight. If you have one of the newer kits, then you have steel shielded bearings and they are as good as any unless you wanna go ahead and spend $100 USD on a set of ceramic ball bearings.

Senna: just some advice: I think you are concerning too much with some things that really will improve your performance very little. The track you talk about seems to be very large where acceleration out of corners should not be a concern but your biggest concern should be keeping the speed that you have and carrying through those big turns and that big track that you talk about. We have many drivers at our track of all skill levels and we all interact with one another and share information (for the most part) and I will tell you that even with the same equipment, same cars, same setup, all things being equal, I can give my car to one of the less experienced racers and I can drive his and I will still be faster than he is. Once you become a better drive then it is when you might want to search for every possible edge possible. Right now, you should just practice, practice, practice.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ditto
Old 11-08-2002, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Sigearhead for the info ...

Where can I buy the ceramic ball bearings ? Do the company selling them provide a whole set of bearings for the LOSI XXX-S ?

Thanks again ...
Old 11-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

just drive the car!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

I know the bearings that come with it are fine. I fyou want to change them go ahead but you will not notice a diff on the track. Mabey .010 of a sec a lap but then you have to keep them cleaner then the stock ones.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Shrekair just NAILED the answer to everyones R/C queries right on the head!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Setup Help

Hey guys, maybe one or some of you can help me out a bit. I purchased my first sedan 2 months ago, a XXX-S. I am very happy with the car and have won my last 4 races in a row but I feel like the cars handling could be better. I am running the stock setup with 60wt oil and this weekend I tried the rear camber link in the A-2 position but the car still feels "LAZY" to me. After the main last week I switched cars with another XXXS driver and his car seemed to be much more responsive than mine. The only thing different on his car is that he has a graphite chassis and uses a trinity reference body, I still have the stock one. Both of us are using an airtronics 94757 servo, Sorex 36's, titanium turnbuckles and threaded shocks. I just really would like the car to feel more aggresive to me rather than it feels now, like its just floating around the track. Unfortunatly there is only myself and one other person at my local track running this car so I dont really have anyone else to rely on here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Blake
Old 11-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

soften shock oil 10 wt.
stand shocks up onw hole
shorten camber links f/r
take a little kick up out of the front

........ and drive it
Old 11-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The graphite chassis will add to the responsiveness of the car and the Trinity body will as well depending on what body it is. If its the asphalt stratus that will make the car more responsive.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kevin and Shrekair, thanks for the info. I dont want to purchase a graphite chassis just yet, its possible I will get one for christmas. I have seen pictures of kinwalds car and all of the dremel/mill work he did to his graphite chassis, would it be ok if I did that to my stock chassis or will it cause a lot of unwanted flex?

Blake
Old 11-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

leave the chassis as they are, they are built like that for a reason.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Shrekair, what about the body situation. I was thinking of picking up a new one, possible the protoform stratus 2 unless you guys can recomend something better. Also, I have my droop set at 4 in the front and rear, is that ok or should I try something else?

Blake
Old 11-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Blake - couple of things. If you are looking for a body, try the new Losi Alpha body. It is VERY light and also a quite responsive body in my opinion.

But there are other key elements to handling that I'd look to before trying to tune with bodies or grinding away your chassis. Shrekair has some good advice that is more worth your time. When running the plastic car, there are several differences. One of the biggest being the weight of your car. Also, if you run plastic components like hubs, arms, shock towers, etc...these components all have more flex and can give your car a softer more lazy feeling.

Definitely the lighter oil will make your car more responsive. Try like 50 front / 40 rear. You can also experiment with your wheelbase, put your rear arms forward as opposed to the middle. You can also try to increase your droop settings in the rear of the car. Put a stiffer spring in the rear may help as well. Have you tried a one-way? There's tons of things you can do but that's a few more to experiment with.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Dave, do you know how long the Alfa will be backordered? I have had a couple on order at my local shop for 2 weeks.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

kthobbies.com has some.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.