Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Has anybody tried the Orion/JB High Pressure Asphalt inserts in Sorex tires yet? If so how do the blue ones compare to the HPI Red or Yokomo Firm inserts in airgap and firmness?
Cant wait for the Graphite car. Our local hobbyshop has 20 on backorder with all but a few already sold.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

senna

this is a lot of my setup is dealing with a neutral car. start with 40 wt. f/r and the second biggest sway bar f/r. to make this really simple, to gain traction - smaller sway bar f/r but be sure to use the same bar f/r. to take away traction, go to a bigger sway bar f/r. on my car, a smaller sway bar = more steering through out the corner. but has less corner speed. oposite goes for the bigger sway bar, it's less traction but it will roll faster. if your springs are too stiff, the car will be looseon entry, if they are too soft, they will have an oversteer on exit. if anything is confusing, let me know.

as far as shock oil, stiffer will make the tires work harder, softer will make the suspension do more of the work. too soft will make the car roll excessively, be twitchy or excessively aggressive. to stiff and the car will feel like mush, slow to react. In some cases, heavier oil gets more traction, others lighter oil gets more traction.

my baseline is 40wt on asphalt 50wt on carpet 56/56 (red)pistons
Old 10-06-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

guyz,
as 2 the problem tat i encounter with the sound generated by the CVD,it has been solved with help from u guyz!!!thanx...

basically,i moved the front A-arms to the most forward position and trim down the servo turning angle.now my car is as silent as it gets,thanx!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

ijnek you shouldnt be needing to turn the front wheels enough for the cvd to click in the first place. if i were you i would put the wheelbase back to stock and set the car up with a bit more steering, that way you wont need to steer the front wheels as much. not only will there be no clicking but your lap times will probably improve because the you wont be scrubing off so much speed.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

it doesn't help at all.
i've spend almost a full week working on this problem b4 i turn to this thread for help.i tried almost everything i could think of.
anyway,i'm hapi with the way my car is set up now and the car is veri quiet.
the sound appears even when my car is throttling oni abt 1/4...

even after i done this changes,the car still has enough steering 2 make mi feel veri confident of wat it can do.during my last practise,it felt really good and i had no problems even when i'm playing catch-up with the other cars...
Old 10-06-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

if increasing the wheelbase actually helped on your track then leave it. its just when i tried it out the car was too slow to react.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Have any of you guys ran TC3 arms on the front of your xxx-s? Apparently it improves the cars handling and losi might be coming out with some new front arms with the holes parallel. If you want to use the arms you have to run the rear hing pin mount on the front to make the pins parallel. Also try locking up the front diff as well. Rick
Old 10-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

What characteristic is the TC3 arms providing? Which arms, front TC3 or rear?
Old 10-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

He says it just smoothed the car out through the turn and made it far far nicer to drive. The whole team over here uses them, Spashett, moore etc. Its the TC3 front arms on the front of the Losi but still using the Losi caster and steering blocks. Rick
Old 10-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Didnt Associated come out with some new front arms recently? I think they have more lower shock mounting holes? Will the old ones work or are the new ones necessary? Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-06-2002, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

He had the new ones on. You need to make sure that you also use the rear inner piviot plate on the front as other wise the front arms do not run parallel which makes the whole thing pointless! You have to drill out the hole in the associated arm to make it big enough for the losi hingepin but appart from that its a straight swop. Rick
Old 10-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Is this modification for carpet or asphalt?
Old 10-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

either it works well indoor or outdoor as he has set track records in stock on both surfaces with the new mod. Indoor it can be fragile though as the arm hole is drilled bigger so there is les material around the hingepin. Rick
Old 10-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
He had the new ones on. You need to make sure that you also use the rear inner piviot plate on the front as other wise the front arms do not run parallel which makes the whole thing pointless! You have to drill out the hole in the associated arm to make it big enough for the losi hingepin but appart from that its a straight swop. Rick
very interesting.. by 'rear inner pivot plate' what's the part number of the item you're refering to?
Old 10-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

A-2230 Rear Inner Pivot Support Set
I believe he is referring to the rear suspension arm retainer. The rear supports are shorter length than the front ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.