Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 08-28-2002, 05:09 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by teamAE
I would start out with 128/39 gear down form there do not go up more then one tooth
39??? Cripes! The most i've EVER run is 35/128.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

I put in the new Fastrax spur and there was no more gear wobble, but I did notice that the belt was moving around quite a bit so I re-built hte diffs and that solved the problem, I think something wasn't aligned quite right.

I also got the Fastrax blue bellcranks, they look sweet and are much stiffer than the stock ones
Old 08-28-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Is there a website for fastrax?
Old 08-28-2002, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

I am really beginning to hate Hobbytown USA. There store always has the .28 threaded shock bodies, but no shock body kit or .28 shock shaft. When I go to order it a couple weeks ago, they sell it to someone else. That place sucks. So, should I run either .36 bodies w/.28 shafts or run .28 shocks and shafts? I only run rubber due to tight money issues.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Fastrax is a UK company distributed by cml distribution i don't think that anyone sells their stuff in the US but it may be possible to buy Fastrax upgrades by mail order from Apex Models
Old 08-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Evil_S10: If you live in Cincinnati why haven't you been going to Ultra Racing in Hamilton. I guarantee you they have the short shock body set in stock with the nitride shafts. He has everything you will ever need for the XXX-s. If he doesn't have it he can get it in withing 2 days. HobbyTown is overpriced and is not racer oriented, at least not the one in Cincinnati. Ultra is the place to race and get all your goodies. Where have you been? Hiding in a cave?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Evil_S10-take a Dremel cutoff wheel and cut .080 inch off the threaded end of the stock shock shaft. Use an X-acto knife and with a hard push on a board cut .080" off the plastic shock ends. Voila, short shocks at little cost.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey is Ultra the place on Route 4, I think it is past Jungle Jims( going northern). If that is it, I have never tried that place before. Maybe I'll give it a chance this weekend.

I already have the .28 threaded shock bodies, but all I need is the shafts. And I think that I will only put them on the front for now atleast.

And BTW, I am not really a serious racer as of yet, But for now I beat everyone in my club and hav lots of fun doing it.

Last edited by Evil_S10; 08-28-2002 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Evil_S10: Glad to hear you're top dog at your club and Yes, Ultra is the on on route four past Jungle Jims. It's the best hobby shop in the area for racers. We have racing of all levels and we'd love to have you race with us. We race on Wed nights and on Sundays. Plenty of guys have Losi's so you'll feel right at home. C-ya
Old 08-29-2002, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by LouisB
I put in the new Fastrax spur and there was no more gear wobble, but I did notice that the belt was moving around quite a bit so I re-built hte diffs and that solved the problem, I think something wasn't aligned quite right.

I also got the Fastrax blue bellcranks, they look sweet and are much stiffer than the stock ones
Their gear adpater is great and it comes with a spur gear but..............other spurs don't fit on it. You will have the make the center hole in the spur gear bigger and find some longer screws to attach the spur to the adapter. Without the modification done you're stuck running a 88 spur.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

I knew that before, but I don't mind drilling a hole in the center. I don't have very many spur gears to put on the adaptor anyway
Old 08-29-2002, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

You'll have to work with me on this one. I only thought that Hobbytown and Pit Row were like the only serious racing places in cincy. But I thought wrong. I guess that after I go to Hooter's tonight I will try and stop by. I might get some parts. And I might check out the track and other racers. I'm a dumb guy, so you have to work with me.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Evil:

I was out in cincinatti for the gas nats and Ultra is a great place. Bought my x-ray when I was there!!!!

Better than any shop here is KS!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

I haven't been to HobbyTown in months and PitRow, forget about it! If you're the casual hobby customer and just bash in your yard and wanna buy some rockets or something, then HobbyTown or PitRow are the places, if you wanna see some racing like Gas racing, 12scale, stock sedan, mod sedan, oval of all kinds then you need to check out Ultra, it's the ONLY place in Cincinnati where you can race on-road and buy all your hopups and not even have to worry about the weather. Besides without getting too winded here, we have US Triple Crown Champions, World Champions, National Champions, Cleveland Indoor Champions, all race at our track every week, so you can learn from these guys and race against these guys, it doesn't get any better.
later, gotta go, going to the track to get some practice in...
Old 08-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

I have only been to Hobbytown and Pit Row because they are the closest to me. I really dont like places where they have all the stuff behind the shelf or in a thing where you can't see it up close. That's why Pit Row isn't my choice of buying stuff there. At least at hobbytown they have it where you can pick up and touch the parts. The only problem with them is that they have barely any hop-ups for my xxx-s and NO hop-ups for my Stampede. What kind of parts do they sell there. All out RC car stuff or others? That is another thing about Hobbytown, All hobby's wrapped in one which makes the place seem too packed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.