Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 09-07-2001, 10:22 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would bet in the next week or two Trinity will probably have them shipping and availible.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

TSR6-

I will agree with you on the colors vs. manufacturers, you know the gold idea is cool too , like the prototype?

I'll have to agree with darkside that blue parts are too easy to come by these days.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like how Corally offered their aluminum parts in different colors for the C4 AGLE. Gold, very light blue, and natural(silver). For the most part only racers in places like Austrailia actually used any color other than the gold, but at least you had a choice.

I like the black on black theme used by Corally on the 4.1. It looks really good. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person sick of blue pieces.

TSR6: don't forget that Yokomo also makes ample use of blue parts. So you get to see both the Yoks and TC3s flooded with blue at the track!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Well it looks like Hudy is making a single belt Conversion for the XRay and coming out with some nice option parts. I wonder who will be next to follow suit and convert their car to single belt?

Mike Webb
Old 09-07-2001, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

which site is that?
what do you consider a good price?
Old 09-07-2001, 07:14 PM
R/C Tech Founder

As one of my friends pointed out today, there is a big difference between designing a car for a single-belt-drive from the ground up, as opposed to converting a 2-belt to a 1-belt. I think that while a single belt conversion for some of these cars -- particularly the X-Ray -- might be a good thing, the overall performance of most will not change too much.

I'm a firm believer that the large-diameter diffs on the XXX-S are a big part of its success in the single-belt configuration. My favorite cars still remain the Losi, Yokomo and X-Ray in that order, with each having its strengths and weaknesses. I don't think that single-belt conversions for a lot of the 2-belt cars will accomplish much...
Old 09-07-2001, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Has anyone else got the aluminum cvds yets? I just got mine today and I have two issues.

1) Two of the couplers did not have the threads for the set screws. Broke an integy wrench trying to get them in. Finally had to use the axles from my other steel ones.

2) The axle threads on the axles that came with the Aluminum cvd set are shorter than the others. Thus not letting the entire plastic grab the threads correctly.

Anyone else have these problems?

I will be contacting Losi on Monday.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rodneybarrett
Has anyone else got the aluminum cvds yets? I just got mine today and I have two issues.

1) Two of the couplers did not have the threads for the set screws. Broke an integy wrench trying to get them in. Finally had to use the axles from my other steel ones.

2) The axle threads on the axles that came with the Aluminum cvd set are shorter than the others. Thus not letting the entire plastic grab the threads correctly.

Anyone else have these problems?

I will be contacting Losi on Monday.
1- I beleive the couplers are only threaded on one side. Did you check the other side of the coupler for the threads?

2- The axles are shorter to prevent hooking the end of the exposed axels on boards or track siding. If you use the low profile wheel nuts then they are perfectly flushed. I can see why the thread would not grab otherwise. Sounds like an oversight.

Other than that I have had the alum cvds for about three weeks with no problems.

Check those things out first.

md
Old 09-08-2001, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

People forget that LOSI makes no colored parts. The blue pieces (and soon the red) are made by TRINITY. So give credit or blame where due. PS are the blue parts available now or are they await for now also.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Also, if you dont like the color, you can always have the parts blasted and re-anodized any color you want. Just find a shop in your local area to get them re-colored. Most places will charge about $20 to do such a small quantity of parts.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

MDawson:

1) Yeah, I checked both sides on the two that were messed up. neither side had threads.

2) Makes sense about the whell nuts. I think I just used my old ones.

thanks,

-rodney

1- I beleive the couplers are only threaded on one side. Did you check the other side of the coupler for the threads?
Old 09-08-2001, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RB,

Just use the old couplers in the new axels that came with the aluminum ones and send the bad couplers back to Losi for exchange. Now at least you will be able to use the aluminum axels with the shortened ends.

That should work.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey have any of you guys tried to fashion that front body post brace that Paul L. used at the Nats? I'd like to try modifying a Bud's TC3 front bumper in that configuration but I'm a little confused by how he mounted it to the chassis. I can see where he screwed it in but wouldn't that make the brace bend down from where it's mounted to the posts? Seems like the screw holes would be lower than the bumper.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

does anyone feel a difference in steering slop after exchanging the stock bushings for bearings?
Old 09-08-2001, 04:32 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Very slight if at all... I only had a couple runs on them anyways so the bushings didnt have much time to wear out.

Replace them with bearings, it keeps it true though-out the life of the car. On my Nitro, i replaced them early this summer with bearings and it made a big differance. The bushings were worn a bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.